1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

AMAZING Race!!!

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by D.Jankovic, Apr 3, 2019.

1. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

So people like to sh*t talk the devs when they are not happy well i just had an AMAZING expirience... and i have to share it and mostly say THANK YOU to the devs. YOU DID AMAZING JOB.

So how it went...
    Race was on Zolder. Qualified 1`st...
    40 min race started
    Lost position immediately. Started following P1 for a few laps. he looses it a bit and i take P1. I start doing laps trying to stay on track... 10 min in the race i mess up my 2nd chicane brake point and go in to the sand and enter the track again... P2 is now right behind me and bammm race control hits me with the drive trough penalty.

I get 3 laps to clear it. So i keep my head down and keep pushing.
    i get away like 4 seconds away from the P2 and time to do my punishment.

Entered the pits. cruising in pits and hearing all them amazing car sounds passing by right next to me.. i ended up on P8...exited pits... head down and keep pushing... around 20 min in to the race i come on to the guy that just joined and he is right in front of me... i am looking at the new HUD app down there i am 20 seconds off the leaders, and the blue flag is not helping. So finally i catch up with slipstream overtake him and again i keep pushing. NOW the fun starts.. 10 minutes left...15 seconds of the leaders. Light rain starts... Leader pits immediately for wet tires, p2 pits lap behind him i started feeling rain under slick tires so i decide to pit... cruising trough the pits i notice there is no more rain on my windshield.. So i abort pitting and just drive trough.

I end up on P1 again with like 20 seconds of lead. Track is still a bit wet and keeping slicks cold.
    6 minutes left i keep getting the messages from pit crew that i am loosing tire pressure from my tire i should stay away from curbs.

2 minutes of the race left i hit the damn curb to hard and tire goes off... and i just passed T3... it was a long way home...i lost all advantage and went to pit for the new tires.. did my last 2 laps and i was in the end on P5

It was so much fun. And Penalties and dynamic weather were great to expirience. Changes the whole game.

i just had to put this out there. It is just one of the manny i already had and all of them were amazing but in this 0.7 release it just got WAY WAY better.

If you had some amazing races feel free to share it.. lets show the devs that next to all the guys there is a lot of us that dont have time to post on forums because we enjoy the game :D

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Chit Chat Room I just had a mp race at spa, f40 vs yellowbird, amazing Jan 22, 2015
    Screens & Videos HP Reverb G2 - VR Guide to get 90fps with amazing crystal clear graphics Mar 11, 2022
    ACC Screenshots & Videos ACC - 3 cars and an amazing battle in the night May 15, 2021
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions ACC: Amazing Training Tool Jul 25, 2020
    Chit Chat Room Old Geezer Just Discovered This Amazing Sim!!! Aug 22, 2019
    ACC Screenshots & Videos Silverstone, amazing fights Jul 21, 2019
    Chit Chat Room Absolutely amazing interview with the master himself - Gordon Murray Jan 17, 2018
    Chit Chat Room GT3s at Highlands is amazing! Jun 19, 2017
    Console Lounge Amazing muppet avoidance techniques Dec 30, 2016
    Suggestions Suggestion about new way to watch spectator, amazing with VR? Nov 9, 2016
    Screens & Videos RSeb Bathurst - An amazingly good track mod Jun 11, 2016
    Screens & Videos AC in 4K=amazing May 15, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New collision model - Amazing improvement in multiplayer experience Apr 25, 2016
    Chit Chat Room Amazing side effects of driving on a public road Apr 11, 2016
    Chit Chat Room New collisions are amazing! Apr 11, 2016

3. Radfahrer

Radfahrer Hardcore Simmer

Pr0N detected .
    Loading childsafety.dll .
    Loading failed .
    Continuing game .

<3 KS

4. Did you take the penalty because you took a hit on the back of the your car?

Was the penalty due to the hit or because you were thrown off the track?

5. mikendrix

mikendrix Simracer

No I think he got Drive Through penalty because is cut the chicane, resulting in gaining time :

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...layer-esports-event-notes.55894/#post-1035996
    ACC Blog : 0.7 Rating, Multiplayer & eSports event notes
    Regarding track abuse and gaining time, new penalties are introduced in Race sessions as well. Gaining by abusing track limits is now penalized in steps. Large gains will instantly result in DT, (...)

D.Jankovic likes this.
  6. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Exactlly it was my mistake missing the brake point ended me in sand pit i even slowed down trough sand pit thinking it will not give me any but still did...

7. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

8. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

Drive-through penalty from making a simple mistake seems very harsh.

9. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

It is based on how much you gain, intentional or not, if it gives you advantage, you'll be penalized.

By the way thanks for the writeup, I wish we could make sure everyone has a similar introduction to the new features. :)

Cote Dazur, D.Jankovic and Arlo like this.
  10. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

I did not mind it at all i knew it was my mistake i thought if i slow down i will not get a drive trough.. but somewhere in the middle of the pit i just floored it out of it and continued on my way.. lol.

11. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

From the 2018 regulations (item 118):

"The white lines defining the track edges are considered to be part of the track but the kerbs are not. A driver will be judged to have left the track if no part of the car remains in contact with the track. Should a car leave the track for any reason the driver may rejoin. However, this may only be done when it is safe to do so and without gaining any advantage.

Drivers consistently crossing the white lines defining the edge of the circuit, whether or not they gain an advantage, will be stopped during the free practices, have their lap time(s) cancelled during qualifying and may receive a “drive through”, during the race. The Stewards of the Meeting can apply any other penalty available.

At the absolute discretion of the Race Director, a driver may be given the opportunity to give back the whole of any advantage he gained by leaving the track."

I think the key word there is *consistently*, and it also says 'may' receive a drive through. Like I said, it seems very harsh in the circumstances described above. If AI race control can't be made smart enough to apply some discretion, the benefit of doubt should go to the player otherwise people will be punished unfairly.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  12. iVG

iVG Alien

May as please ask you, good sir, what was the name of the server ?

13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

We cannot stick to the real-life rules because we don't have the headroom the real-life events have due to their length. In gameplay you can have much shorter race sessions, where it can become very easy to abuse and even having to resort to warnings in order to gain a competitive advantage.
    For this reason in our system, only short gains may receive warnings, but beyond a certain limit the calculated gain is high enough to influence the end result and it is safer to punish strictly right away than risking letting it go for good.

Also, read his message above, he says he floored it coming out of the sand pit, which probably resulted in a high corner exit speed and a significant overall gain. If you slow down and rejoin safely, it is very unlikely that you get a severe penalty, because the underlying gain calculation is not that strict.

Penalty settings are also something that could be on the table for server admins later on.

chksix, Ace Pumpkin, Kopiller and 5 others like this.
  14. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

In extension to Gergo, there is one thing I keep repeating over and over again. If we make an automatical system that allows rule violations up to a point - e.g. by handing out warnings instead of immediate penalties or counting track limit violations... Then we create an environment where you have to "use" those on higher competition levels. Like you can't win a race if you don't do the 2 cuts, because it's "free" and gives a few seconds of advantage. That's a complete no-go for me, clean drivers should be rewarded, not seduced to fall to the dark side.

Secondly, *any* driver I talked to about track limits and rules during the last year is really annoyed about track limits in general (even up to F1 as a spectator). Drivers want ultra strict and consistent track limits. They totally can handle it, the problem is when there is some kind of... mh if I do this, nobody gives me a penalty. Then I'll use it now and then. But the ambiguities just feel bad and still leads to unexpected results and penalties.

15. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

Name of the server is Carbon gaming i belive.. it is not always online but the guy is planing to put one dedicated server up..

chksix likes this.
  16. iVG

iVG Alien

Oh I see I was looking for a decent server yesterday but people kept restarting servers etc... Very annoying.

17. D.Jankovic

D.Jankovic Alien

There was quiet few reports of servers crashing also.. Carbon server always had clean racers so feel free to hop in when you see it online, also now admis got commands :)

Micii1 likes this.
  18. MobyDuck

MobyDuck Gamer

What about leaving the track for a good reason.
    Thinking about a situation where a guy in front blocks the track after he spun and the only way is going around and off track for a short time.
    I would assume to get a penalty as well as it might be super hard to figure out these situations, right?

19. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

It mostly depends if you gain time or not. For slight off track on straight or on exit of the corner you will get a warning or system wont react at all. Yesterday i cut Monza's first shicane in quali to let people by and got nothing because i was only cruising and waiting. BUT i've been in situation where i did run off track for few seconds because of the mayhem and got two warnings instantly.

mms likes this.
  20. JKI

JKI Gamer

K, I will do. But I am too lazy for writing a long text now, so:

Completed my thrid long run race in ACC. Had no words afterwards but a big smile on my face! I start to reget that I have spent so much money on other "sims"... ACC has just become my #1 SimRacing Game, espacially with Update 0.7! :D
    [​IMG]

chksix and D.Jankovic like this.
  21. About limits the track, OK!
    But, about little mistakes, the system penalty it could give you a few seconds to ease the foot until you lose your time gain.

Max Doubt likes this.