1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Fall of players, what is happening?

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by pastranario, Jul 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adastros

Adastros Racer

here we go again

2. F4celess

F4celess Gamer

what a meaningless thread, rinse and repeat.

The leading cause for a game/sim focused on a narrow racing class set to Europe with the target audience being mainly Europeans having a dry-spell is because the target audience is having a typical nice summer or is otherwise busy melting in their chairs during the what will probably be a yearly heatwave.

3. pastranario

pastranario Racer

I mean, you say that the ACC simracer are from Europe, and since they are on vacation and it is very hot, it is the result of the loss of people ... Well, we will see how it goes on then when the simracer returns on vacation.

p.g.49 likes this.
  4. warth0g

warth0g Hardcore Simmer

As a quick side-note, I had an excellent race last night with ESR, a US based league. Something like 20 people racing cleanly around Paul Ricard, it was pretty great!

=MLF=Nick86ITA likes this.
  5. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

I don't have any shimmering on my CV1. What AA method and what pixel density are you running with?

Enviado desde mi ONEPLUS A5010 mediante Tapatalk

6. Turk

Turk Alien

All that costs money. My guess is Max and Lando aren't doing that for free and if you have to pay money for those guys you're probably looking in the region of tens of thousands each

There's no guarantee that kind of publicity is all that effective anymore, it might be fine for a very large company that can afford to throw money into advertising that might not pay for itself eventually. I think iRacing is more in the coke cola arena of advertising in that they are trying to maintain their customer base rather than expand it significantly.

Kunos are in the market of trying to get every last bit of worth out of every cent they spend. If they spend money on advertising it has to bring in paying customers. It's a problem that any small company faces, advertising is a complete waste of money if you don't do it right. Spending big on celebrities just doesn't hold the weight it used too and advertising to people that wouldn't buy your product either way is also a waste of money.

Advertising is a pain for smaller companies, especially today, all the traditional avenues have been destroyed, people ignore advertising by default, it's impossible to distinguish yourself because anybody can say whatever they like, if every sim is saying they have the best physics and the customer loses interest when you try to explain the difference it's incredibly hard to convince people your different or better.

7. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

Pretty sure they did it for fun, not because they were paid to participate.

grrdabrr, ohjeah, khrop and 2 others like this.
  8. baboon

baboon Alien

It doesn't even make sense.

I have seen the tv ad for ACC many times because I watch almost every motorsport program on Eurosport.

9. Serubal

Serubal Gamer

The game is basically really good. BUT the there are some really annoying issues had to be fixed since prerelease. A horrible server browser, no sorting, no favorites, for eg. Also the personal lap time is not saved since version 0.x, wtf? So I'am not wondering the player are leaving the game.

10. buddhatree

buddhatree Racer

Once I found out there's a new tire model coming, I basically stopped playing and I'm waiting for the update to start playing again. I mean, why spend time practicing on a tire model that's going to be replaced?

I think a lot of people feel the same way. Multiplayer numbers will come back after update I think. The game is too good.

11. Karsten Beoulve

Karsten Beoulve Simracer

I'm sure that if people were allowed to plan themselves series on this forum things would get a lot better. This idea that only race groups that already exist can make or post in that section is castrating and goes against all i learnt in years of organizing races on other platforms beside PC

12. Kefuddle

Kefuddle Racer

I think the fall off was inevitable considering the state the sim was released in. In the coming months, as it is completed to a true v1.0, racers will return when they can save their games, swap drivers and not CTD.

As fantastic as the new tire to curb interface is, I do think there are more basic issues putting people off loading this up.

Having basic SA and immersion tools like triple screens and TrackIR would probably help too.

xxxxVMANxxxx and Loren Thomas like this.
  13. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

That's because, in all honesty and said from a Kunos fan like me, acc is nonear regarding multiplayer compared to ir.
    Make things that are possible to do in ir, is simply impossible in acc.
    Sadly.

You talk about 24h.

Is it possible to have in acc a real 24h, with 45players and many others players signed as spectators in the same server, with driver swap 100% working, with that online quality, with proper team functionality, with personal skins, without any crash?

All this have a cost, we know.
    But costs or not, this is the difference right now.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    Chriss, XettMan and david m like this.
  14. Turk

Turk Alien

Maybe they did for iRacing, but I don't think a company can expect them to turn up without paying them.

15. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

Fyi, iracing is full of real drivers that runs there during the week.
    Lando and Max are the most famous because yes, but in ir there have always been real and almost famous drivers coming from many categories.
    I remember at the time the interesting discussions about the scaa ford in the game, with some real drivers in the forum.
    Or the driving tips on the Australian V8 cars from the drivers that was running the real championship. Many of them was there in the forum, and their opinions and suggestions was pure gold.
    And, tbh, noone of this drivers was making advertising or things like that. Noone of them was talking about how much it was good or bad.
    They simply was here because it was and still is the the only product of its kind in the market.

16. David Wright

David Wright Hardcore Simmer

There is a famous quotation "In God we trust. all others must bring data."

While most did say this, they didn't present any data that it was true.

I presented an alternative explanation, backed up with a little data, but maybe not enough evidence to convince you. Lets try again. All data from SteamCharts.

Theory 1 - the decline in average concurrent ACC players is due to the weather and vacation time.

Change in player numbers over last 30 days

ACC -41%
    AC + 6%
    rF2 - 2%
    RaceRoom +6%

Hot weather and holidays do affect player numbers. Numbers were typically down for most sims last week. But over the last 30 days the numbers have not really declined for racing sims except ACC.

Theory 2 - the decline in average concurrent ACC players is typical of many games after release

ACC released at end of May 2019. Average players in Jun 592. Average players in last 30 days 351, a 41% decline
    F1-2018 released near end of Aug 2018. Average players in Sep 2,347. Average players Oct 1,573 a 33% decline
    Dirt Rally 2.0 released near end of Feb 2019. Average players in March 880. Average players in Apr 504, a 43% decline
    Wreckfest released in mid Jun 2018. Average players in Jul 796. Average players in August 556, a 30% decline

I will leave you to decide which theory best fits the data or perhaps to produce Theory 3 with your own data.

17. Oblit0r

Oblit0r Alien

They play the game for fun, Lando streams from time to time when he is free, Max just occasionally plays it. They're not there for a company.
    I don't know if you've watched them drive, but if they were there for a company I'm pretty sure they would've acted a bit more seriously. When they heard there weren't a incidents limits, they just floored it and took every offtrack they could use to their advantage. Later they got a bit more serious tho, Lando even doing a 1 hour stint without any incident points.

Compare it to Nicki Thiim or Christopher Zoëchling, they just play racing games and stream them from time to time.

18. Jakkison

Jakkison Gamer

Here in Italy is 40 degrees and summer time... a lot of beaches here. Sea and sun till start of September...

swigaffu and =MLF=Nick86ITA like this.
  19. aotto1977

aotto1977 Hardcore Simmer

This. I haven't touched my rig for over a month due to holidays and a certain fear of drowning in my vr goggles due to the heat.

20. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You must be a teacher, right?;):)