1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Who's at Fault? - Discussing Racecraft and Incidents

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by m_box97, Jan 15, 2020.

1. As you wish (exactly the moment of contact):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I did some measurements (as exactly as possible with limited blueprints)
    The result is 783 mm overlap (Audi front splitter - Lambo rear wheel hub)

That was my predicted outcome at the exit of Blanchimont at least. I didn't even assume this amount of room given by the Lambo as the Ferrari did for the Bentley.

Even if I disagree with your opinion about the accident props to you for this :)

Leclerc got a warning for this "forcing Hamilton off track" as far as I know.

You got my attention here mostly at the bolded part (It doesn't mean otherwise you get no attention of me).
    What's your opinion about this accident? (this time I'm in the Ferrari):

Accident with race history:

Just the accident:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2020
  2. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Bentley's fault.
    You are very much alongside, the room available to the right of the Bentley is just (barely) enough for the Ferrari (must go off track, but no problem with that), the Bentley should have made enough room once the Ferrari is on his side, as there is a tire wall on the right side of the track, so, even without the Bentley going right (which he did, ever so slightly, but shouldn't) he should have cleared enough room for the Ferrari to continue without any contact.
    Probably it would be considered dangerous driving by the Bentley, by not giving room for the car on his right side, even more considering the proximity of the wall to track.

I don't have a replay of the exact situation mentioned about backing out for the 2nd Monza chicane (defending to the left and then going right before the turn in, while the other car is not alongside), but I have the opposite, not backing out when suppose to and this time it's obvious the fault is of the green Porsche (me :D)

After_Midnight likes this.
  3. RS10

RS10 Simracer

Heh ...
    after i posted i put this together in PS to check whether i was right about the overlap ... came quite close to the real thing ... underestimated how slanted the corners of those cars are
    upload_2020-2-4_1-3-45.png

Is there any overlap at all when he starts moving across? Judging by his onboard that was roughly under the elf banner bridge, which would put it almost 2s before impact, this would mean that he was on his line before you were alongside (which depending on the rules sometimes even means half a car or at least splitter/mid rear wheel):::

In general ... It was easier for you to back out than for him to judge whether you were marginally alongside (don't know whether any of the driver aids had to be used in that race), if you both get through the corner it's because he played along, if you don't then he didn't and it's on you imho

Kinda surprised how many here think getting rear ended like that on the very corner of their car puts them at fault tbh

4. Shooter80

Shooter80 Racer

@RS10 rules about required overlaps only apply on entry into a corner, on a straight the rules are different.

Its really the definition of that part of the track that people disagreed on. In my opinion, that part of the track is effectively a straight (since you can run at full throttle on both the inside and outside of the track without needing to cross to the other side), in those situations you cannot weave or block another car to cause it to lift or have to swerve to avoid contact, if you want to move over on another car you need to do it while they are far enough behind to be able to move to the other side of the track without lifting. Essentially you need to pick, then stick to your 'lane'.

If its entering a corner then the leading car gets to choose their line, unless the following car has a significant enough overlap for them to be have the right to be left space on track. Usually for me that would be the front wheels of the following car need to be at least alongside the rear wheels of the leading car at the turn in point, but yea, opinions sometimes differ on that.

After_Midnight and m_box97 like this.
  5. Max Doubt

Max Doubt Racer

There seems to be some interesting questions raised through this incident with differing views.
    When is a turn not a turn? and,
    How much overlap is required on turn entry to be granted the right to racing room?
    I think a clear guideline for the latter would be a good idea for the developers to provide, or anyone who knows this rule for the blancpain series please confirm.
    As for is this a turn, well it's called a turn but should straight rules apply or not? This is the point of contention here and otherwise everyone is in agreement.

6. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

If I’m not mistaken, Blancpain GT series sporting code is regulated by FIA and FIA isn’t very clear in overtaking manoeuvres.
    FIA sporting code for overtaking is available here (Appendix L, Chapter IV - Code of Driving Conduct on Circuits, 2. Overtaking, car control and track limits: https://www.fia.com/file/113682/download/30204
    Usually are up to the stewards to review racing accidents, either by race director report or by team report and the decision is made known in the notice board for the race in question.

Nonetheless, I believe I’m not mistaken to say there are commonly accepted driving etiquette that is usually followed, generally gathered by the drivers in previous racing series and not rarely, maybe quite the opposite, the stewards decision isn’t calmly accepted by all.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Max Doubt likes this.
  7. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I would agree, its the Bentley at fault.

It was clear that you were the faster driver at this point so he should have let you go and tried to catch up on the next combination of corners (which the Bentley is actually quite good at, despite not having the legs on the straight).

Prior to this incident you both had a great battle, respecting each other and some good overtakes, so why did he now decided to do this?
    I think when he went off track at the hairpin and you flashed him he spat his dummy out and that was maybe a reason why he closed the door on you.
    I think when someone goes off the track like that (only a wheel) its obvious that they will try and get back on as soon as possible (especially when the adrenalin is pumping) and you should think that this may happen.
    He might have seen your flashing as being aggressive perhaps.

8. Thank you very much for your reply and your very interesting point of view. People counted me faulty mostly complained because I left the track and was not able to complete the overtake before running out of track.
    The Bentley driver was the same opinion like you about this incident.

I'll have a look when I'm back home.

Exactly this ^. Otherwise there would be no need for a discussion about it.

According to the Bentley driver the accident was the result of frustration about the race, the unusual seat position in the Bentley and underestimation of the speed difference at this point.

I've posted this incident here already some time ago:
    https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...generic-discussion.60715/page-72#post-1106227

9. Rabbitsensei

Rabbitsensei Racer

Im reviving this thread again with a video of my Cp Race. The incident happened in the second last lap and we were fighting for more than 15 mins of the race. I knew that i gain more speed out of the section before and wanted to go for the inside line, at the same moment he goes for a weird mid corner line and i try to dodge to outside in the breaking zone which resulted in the contact. On the one hand i say im at fault for the contact, on the other hand isnt this some kind of blocking when you moves to the inside as soon as you see the car behind you going for it ? Wasnt the first time he blocked the inside which resulted in me locking up or nearly crashing into him.

10. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

Come on...
    First of all, he was in front, and has all right to defend a corner.
    You should have anticipated that.

11. m_box97

m_box97 Simracer

He doesn't move under breaking and keeps his line, you were both not 100% commited to defending/attacking and that caused the incident but it's on you as you were behind.

Coanda, After_Midnight and NemethR like this.
  12. I would agree here:

m_box97 likes this.
  13. devil in me

devil in me Racer

for me the aston turn in to early, pretty much as if he was not side by side. he toke the normal turning point, Side by side there, usually both drivers should do kind of a late apex so they dont go wide on exit. looks to me from replay the aston was over maybe a litle above the speed.

14. devil in me

devil in me Racer

For start u shouldnt put the names of the drivers.. and second that kind of driver should be the kind to be banned from the game. they dont know to race or behave against other humans.

15. devil in me

devil in me Racer

Ok, i dont even know how to speak about both incidents. they both 100% your fault. Sorry saying it like this but u clearly have no experience yet to race online. its not a question of how fast u are or not. its a matter of knowledge on how to properly behave in certain situations. If in clear situations like this u have doubts, im pretty sure it would be really hard to have a good clean race against u.

On the first incident, its not a matter of the other guy cutting u, he DIDN'T cut u. U went of track, u got slower by that, he caught to u without even trying to. Only for that reason u should already be careful on rejoin the track. u know there is a car next to u and thats kind of a racing line there, its very easy to go wide there as u went, so thats a "racing line". And then if u go of track doesnt matter if he cuts u or not.. u are of the track if he is a gentleman he may allow u to return into the track if he is dirty he wont do it. either way u cant rejoin with a car there. Start thinking in a different way, instead of looking at your own belly look at the overall question, u are out of the track other cars are on track, can u rejoin ? no. there are cars on track and u are not on it. Its pretty much comum sense, u are REjoining, they are on it already. :) and u said on other comments u had no were to go, well in that case u have one thing to do hit the brakes.. if to one side u hit the wall to the other u are unsafe rejoining the track with cars next to u, u have one only option, brake.... and dont think im not right, imagine in real live a driver rejoining the track at a corner exit on a racing line, do u think thats possible ? why do they cut corners when they go wide? so they dont rejoin the track in front of others.

The second one after watching one of your comments its still more clear u shouldnt be racing online. u complete lack the experience. sorry for saying it like this. i have been put out so many times by people that dont really know what they are doing on track and they even talk s** after the race thinking they are correct. that when i see this stuff my head goes directly to "dont race online please".

16. trutya

trutya Simracer

just one note to the 1st incident... if i were the Aston, i'd expect that he will rejoin and i'd leave more space, i (aston) would have enough momentum to get through anyway. he didn't leave one car width space, however, the bentley's rejoin was a bit sudden when he moved to the right.

2nd incident is full on the Bentley

Thug likes this.
  17. devil in me

devil in me Racer

he (aston) doesnt need to give one car width to the guy outside of the track, im not saying the aston couldnt have done it better. he could for sure. im just saying that the guy going out of the track is the one doing it wrong when rejoining. and by the look of it i think that even one car width wouldn't be enough for that rejoin :)

Thug likes this.
  18. NemethR

NemethR Hardcore Simmer

I don't really like to point fingers, but what is enough is enough....

Today's CP race at 22:00, Laguna Seca.
    Just a quick note: I really dislike that track, but the developers managed to build us a version, that I can actually enjoy, in case I have to race on it. - And this is a huge compliment. :)

Anyway, back to the point.

The guys name is: Daniel Ruiz Garrido [ESR] - Just in case someone had similar experience with him.

Here is the Original incident.
    I managed to spin the car, and do some damage to it, so I was getting lapped. (I am in the Black-Red Porsche #910)

We go into the first corner, the Porsche, and the above mentioned guy in the Mercedes approach, i try to give them as much room as possible.
    Yet the Mercedes does not stick to the inside, (Where I left him plenty of room), he pulls to the outside.
    I refused to go onto the dirt, and we touch, he spins.

Video here:

Another view:

So he decides to hunt me down....
    He waits in the last turn, and gives it a try:

He then goes into the pits, repairs hes car, and gives it another go:

So I drive into the pits for repairs, (he too), and get this message:

20200225225816_1.jpg

So, as this is still not enough, he gives it another go at corkscrew:
    (I already anticipated it, so i tried to cut the corner as much as possible, but was not fast enough, as you can see.)

And just for fun, another view of this - he even broke the game. :D

I really don't think the original accident was so bad.
    I think I really left him as much room as I could, and I don't think anyone should expect a slower car to go onto the grass/dirt just to let a faster pass.
    MAYBE I could have waited, until he is in front of me, but I thought he will get a good acceleration out of the corner, and end up in front anyway. (He did not).

We are all amateurs, and try our best, but sometimes things just don't go that well.
    Sure I am disappointed too, if I get spun, but that happens even to the top Pros, and they drive the really expensive cars in real life...
    So I really don't understand this behaviour.

But I am still happy, as I finished the race in 10th place.
    My SA actually increased from 85 to 86 :eek: - Would have expected it to drop.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2020
    AndyK70, chksix and After_Midnight like this.
  19. matt_had

matt_had Gamer

Small incident I was part of the other day. It was light raining for 5 laps at this point. Was this just a racing incident?

https://streamable.com/2pj56

20. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for your reply.
    It must be difficult finding races when you are as good as you are.
    I wish I too could never make mistakes.