1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 172 - Ode to No Combo for Old Man

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Pretend racer, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Improvement
    William Nortje
    1:44:917
    PC

20200330232253_1.jpg

A lot of laps to get under 1:45 :) Enjoying the setup videos and the crib sheet - thanks.

2. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Mustang 500
    XB1
    IMG_1585.JPG

3. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    365gt
    PS4

It seems my plan is working:Dalthough some credit goes to @Pretend racer and @GoodGame.eXistenZ,cheers guys;)
    Hopefully I'll be able to scrape into the high 43's.

IMG_1030.JPG

4. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

moodyryder
    Ps4

20200331_203130.jpg

One tanks worth and more invalid laps than the Paralympics.

Vorsprung durch bollocks.

5. Stan Getz

Stan Getz Simracer

stan getz
    1:46:810
    PS4

its only tuesday!

Attached Files:

6. Improvement
    William Nortje
    1:44:415
    PC

20200401015450_1.jpg

Very happy with that - still time to hopefully get into the 1:43s.

7. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Keep the videos coming - we surely can find a few tenth :)

8. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

:D:D:D

9. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

(Mid)Weekly Hotlap Challenge standings!

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ 1:41:247 PC
    2. Mustang 500 1.41.934 XB1
    3. pretend racer 1.42.361 pc
    4. DriverModFTW 1.42.382 PC
    5. Neilski 1.42.645 PC
    6. 365gt 1.44.198 PS4
    7. William Nortje 1:44:415 PC
    8. Alexis_RS_MKII 1.44.607 PC
    9. Totall Wrytoff 1.45.248 PS4
    10. Peggy11 1:45:311 PC
    11. moodyryder 1.46.581 Ps4
    12. stan getz 1:46:810 PS4
    13. Laughing Gravy 1.51.022 PS4

I think some of these old men went back to school and learned how to master this lap combo! There has been some significant leapfrogging going on. Maybe not everyone has had a chance to watch the setup vids? Still plenty of time to buckle down and get your homework done before the deadline. :)

10. Pretend racer

I had a session the other day where I spent all my time just trying to adjust the setup to be optimized according to the information given in the videos. Unfortunately, there's not a whole lot of adjustments available to this car. In order to get my tire temps balanced across the tire I needed to lessen the camber in the front quite a bit because my inside edge was hot compared to the outside edge. Each time I took some camber out I noticed that the front end would slide a little easier but my overall tire temps were becoming more even.

Next, I tackled the overall temps of the tire. The ideal tire temp range of the semislicks 75-95. I was aiming for an overall tire temp of 85. My rear tires were 10 - 15 degrees too cold. I ended up maxing the toe out in order to try and raise those temps. In the end even with max toe out I couldn't really adjust the rear tire temps.

For the front tires I needed to lower my overall temps so I increased neg toe. I was able to get the temps down but I need to have different toe settings for the left and right side.

I also tried putting the diff power up to 1. It seemed to lessen the understeer slightly.

Now I'm not sure why but even after doing a bunch of laps I wasn't able to catch my ghost at all with the "optimized" setup. The front end would slide too much and I wasn't hitting my marks. So after the frustration set in, I flipped back to the old setup from the setup market, and I was able to keep up with the ghost much easier.

Not sure what that means in the grand scheme of things... Today I'm going to try out @GoodGame.eXistenZ setup and see if I can catch @Mustang 500!

Attached Files:

Mustang 500, Peggy11, Neilski and 3 others like this.
  11. 365gt

365gt Hardcore Simmer

@Pretend racer =That's some nice detailed info there.With my set up i'm literally using your set up and @GoodGame.eXistenZ and adjusting within your parameters.As I can only drive for 15-30 mins at any given time I cannot spend x amounts of laps testing etc which is a real shame buy hey it could be a lot worse.

12. Pretend racer

Improvement
    pretend racer
    pc
    Desktop Screenshot 2020.04.01 - 12.58.02.36.png

What a workout! I started with Goodgames setup and it felt pretty good and right away I was very close to my ghost. I noticed that the front end was kinda under steery and I didn't quite have enough confidence in the front to grip the way I needed or wanted it to. So I went back to my old tried and true method of adding toe to gain more midcorner grip. That helped a bit but not enough. I then added in a few clicks of negative camber and that helped lessen the push in the front. With the car feeling the best it has yet I then had to put in more than double the amount of km's that I already had done in order to best @Mustang 500! Setup at the end of the video which should be ready in a couple of hours or so.

365gt, William Nortje, LeiF and 6 others like this.
  13. GoodGame.eXistenZ

That is a clean lap @Pretend racer - nicely done. Yes, sometimes adding more negative camber helps in order to make the rear turn in better, on other cars I sometimes reduce it to turn the car mid-corner. I notice a few differences between mine and your line, especially through T1. I make more use of the track and you definetely turn in earlier while I try to make sudden steering movements in order to unsettle the car and rotate it.

I do not fiddle with setup all that much in general. I can adjust my driving well to different cars and how I have to position them in order to get through the corner as I want it to. So, often I do 1-2 laps to recall the behaviour of the car from memory. Then I memorize all things I will have to change next lap or where I was not happy with my line. The third lap is my actual hotlap and it is more or less muscle memory. I can recommend to not always try to focus on setup all too much, but also try to look for weaknesses and strengths of the car. For example the Quattro does absolutely not like braking and steering at the same time, that is why I have positioned the car to the inside of the first corner. It will reduce the steering efforts required through the first corner plus you can accelerate earlier. Also, the Audi likes to nose dive under braking, but again try to take advantage of it, by giving small lifts at corner entry in order to rotate the car - make use of the body roll and weight distribution. Don't be frustrated, try to adjust, it may take a while but you will be rewarded. : )

14. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

15. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Screenshot_20200402-085839.png

Bikes, cars, simulators. You've either got it or you haven't.

LeiF, Neilski, 365gt and 5 others like this.
  16. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

17. Pretend racer

Some excellent advice here, thank you. I had a hard time finding the exact braking point I needed for T1. It seemed like a bit of a crap shoot each time I hit the brakes because I could never really tell if I would under steer past the apex or end up braking a little too effectively and having to take the line I did through t1. You can tell by my ghost that my first split was slower than what I was capable of. My ideal line is more like what you suggested. I just couldn't make it happen every time lol.

I noticed that you seem to coast a lot more through the apex then I do. I don't have an H shifter so I use both pedals to try and balance the suspension though the apex. I have a hard time learning to coast like you do because I have trained myself that as soon as I'm off the brakes I need to be on the gas so coasting makes me feel like I'm going too slow. I suppose that might be why I also experienced more understeer than you because I get on the gas too early.

Now how do I teach this old dog some new tricks?

18. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Bit late to the party...
    Just an incredibly quick go for now. Went out on default, tyres were so over psi it was ridiculous.. restarted and took some air out before they exploded and then a really quick 2 laps, back to pit and a bit more air out then steady outlap and another 2 lap session just to get on the board. Oh and had music playing so couldn't hear the car :D

Leif
    PC

upload_2020-4-3_18-9-2.png

upload_2020-4-3_18-10-41.png

19. GoodGame.eXistenZ

Coasting has the advantage that it keeps the car steady and stable. Applying throttle or brakes will always alter the balance of the car a but, which can be used to rotate the car, but you need to be careful, espcially with a spongy car like the Audi. I do coast more with AWD or FWD I assume as the cars have more weight in the front it will put more load on them through turns, giving them max grip. And than slowly apply throttle continously to pull it out of the corner. With RWD you can apply throttle more effectively to turn the car early on.

20. Improvement
    William Nortje
    1:44:173
    PC

20200403213426_1.jpg

Close to breaking into the 43s! Was on a few times but the pressure saw me mess up the last 2 corners. Glad to jump a few places - suspect I may be doing the most laps here but I need the practice! Been bouncing between a few of the setups - enjoying Pretend Racer's last one.