1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 182 - Get the Existential Experienz

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Just reading @Biner 's post about being smoother really chimes.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ 's word have been ringing in my head as I lap (in a very positive way,) and the word that really stands out is "flow."
    I'm starting to feel it.

Also, thinking about his points on accuracy, that is an aspect of practice.
    As GoodGame says in the intro, for the Nordschleife, he practised until he had all 73 corners comfortably perfected.

Mustang 500, Peggy11, Biner and 2 others like this.
  2. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Wow, nice one! :eek:
    Hmm, with the ABS on or off? If on, that's weird. If off, why would you not want it turned on? (If the factory want you to have it... ;))

3. Obviously, I tested it.:rolleyes::D
    And it took a little bit of time.

Tested with ABS off, to find reasonable foot pressure at which you expect the wheels to lock.
    If you mash it at 89%, ABS off, they will lock, but at 100%, if you even very lightly feather the brakes over a bumpy surface, it was locking the wheels, which seriously effects control.
    And, you can't feel the over braking with ABS on, but it's costing time.
    In the end, ABS off, 89% feels about right. Then pop the ABS back on to cover clumsiness.
    I'm now feathering the 89% brakes, where before I would give a good push at 100%. And I'm getting better slowing, with more control.

There is absolutely no way I would attempt a hot lap around the Nords with the ABS off.:)
    But I have done an 8.47.0!:D;)

Mustang 500, P308R, Peggy11 and 2 others like this.
  4. It might seem like I'm really going for D.o.t.Week.
    Which would be true.
    :D

5. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Peggy11
    8:47:105
    PC

MX5.png

I don't think I've ever been so happy about anything sim related! After 3 hours of trying and failing this morning, having nearly every lap up on my previous best time only to make a silly mistake towards the end (sometimes right at the end :mad:), I have finally broken the 8:48 barrier.

Hopefully I get chance for another go either later today or tomorrow, but regardless I'm a happy simmer this week :D

6. WHC 182 Current Standings -
    Saturday’s Status

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 8:33:801 PC
    2. Pretend racer - 8.36.569 PC
    3. Leif - 8.39.732 PC
    4. Bastian Boillot - 8:39:938 PS4
    5. Total Wrytoff - 8.47.072 PS4
    6. Peggy11 - 8:47:105 PC
    7. Neilski - 8.48.225 PC
    8. Alexis_RS_MKII - 8.49.148 PC
    9. Moodyryder - 8.49.300 PS4
    10. Biner - 8:49.428 PC
    11. Laughing Gravy - 8.55.977 PS4
    12. HandyAndy1962 - 8:59:697 PC

Friday's action has shuffled the leader board, so worth a quick update:

@LeiF drops in for a lap and casually snatches third off the very hard working Bastian.
    By a couple of tenths!
    Judging by this and his race results, AC is the place to be!:) Congrats from your fan club!
    @Biner improves and breaks the fifty! It's just not quite enough for a place, but there's a day and a half to go!
    Dreams can come true - Wrytoff is up to 5th!:cool:
    The also hard-working @Peggy11 puts in ANOTHER improvement, shaving a further second off his time... It's just not quite enough for a place, but there's a day and a half to go!:rolleyes:

For those of you who feel your practise at the Nordschleife is complete, that's never, ever going to be true. But there is WHC 183 coming up later, with loads of power and loads of space. Light relief in other words!

Happy Saturday, may you find many tenths!:)

Mustang 500, Neilski, Biner and 4 others like this.
  7. LadyTW

LadyTW Racer

LadyTW
    PS4
    upload_2020-6-13_15-9-37.png
    This is more fun than I expected.
    I have now done four laps and improved from just under 16 mins to 12.31

I'm calling on all lady drivers and AC widows to come and join me.:)

Mustang 500, Neilski, P308R and 6 others like this.
  8. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Peggy11
    8:45:674
    PC

MX5.png

I'm not quite sure what I just did, or how, I've amazed myself :eek:
    The first lap was 0.5 second better than my previous, then the second lap was 1 second better again.
    I had a Senna at Monaco moment :confused:

9. Haha!!:D

Welcome to the WHC @LadyTW !!:cool:
    What a coup!
    I thought it way beyond the realms of possible, rather like an 8 mins 30 lap.

Congratulations on your impressive improvement, please can I have my game back now...?

Biner, Mustang 500, Neilski and 3 others like this.
  10. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    HandyAndy1962
    8:58.322
    PC

After a couple of days away from the challenge I thought it was time to give it another try. I changed the steering rotation so that I wasn’t turning the wheel so much & after a few offs I finally managed to improve by about 1.3 secs so I’m quite happy with that.

Attached Files:

Mustang 500, Neilski, P308R and 4 others like this.
  11. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    HandyAndy1962
    8:57:246
    PC

Another improvement of almost a second. I keep making mistakes so I know I can still be faster but I think I will make this my last lap as otherwise I could be here forevermore. I’ve enjoyed taking part.

Attached Files:

Mustang 500, Neilski, P308R and 3 others like this.
  12. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Improvement
    Alexis_RS_MKII
    PC

I think you are rigth, I'll need to try a sub 48 now... I was SOOO close to it! :mad:

whc_182_2.png

Last edited: Jun 13, 2020
    Mustang 500, Neilski, P308R and 2 others like this.
  13. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Noooo!
    Don't give up, I promise you there's lots more left in the tank than you think. Aim for a sub 8:55 and see where that takes you, you'll surprise yourself I guarantee it.

This could never be more applicable than this week :D

Mustang 500, Neilski, P308R and 2 others like this.
  14. @Alexis_RS_MKII - are you posting an improvement above?:)
    Sorry, it's not entirely clear, surely you wouldn't stray so far from the proper format....

Mustang 500, P308R and Peggy11 like this.
  15. No probs, we'll be here!

Great to hear HandyAndy. Only a couple of hours to wait for WHC 183 and you'll have a fresh challenge to tackle!:)

16. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

17. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Now that is a surprise ! Well done and welcome :)

TW and the misses on the same forum. I expect some "grab a popcorn" moments :D

Mustang 500, LadyTW, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  18. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Attagirl ;)

P308R, Mustang 500, Neilski and 3 others like this.
  19. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Improvement
    Neilski
    PC
    Wow, I've spent more time on this than I had planned/expected. Some tricky damn corners and complexes. I've gained almost 5 seconds since my last time was posted, and none of my improvements have been under a second :eek:o_O:confused:... so I think it's fair to say I haven't quite mastered this yet. (The fact that I'm ten seconds behind the leader is another clue, perhaps! :p:D)
    I still can't quite summon the enthusiasm to learn every corner's secret by watching the tuition videos out there - seems like less fun than just driving it ;)
    I *might* have another go, but not feeling it right now.

upload_2020-6-13_23-9-31.png

P308R, Biner, Totall Wrytoff and 4 others like this.
  20. Mustang 500

Mustang 500 Hardcore Simmer

Mustang 500
    XB1
    IMG_1744.JPG

P308R, Biner, Neilski and 4 others like this.