1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 182 - Get the Existential Experienz

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 6, 2020.

1. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

I had feeling I had posted wrongly after submitting my time. Hopefully my improvement is more acceptable.

Mustang 500, Neilski, P308R and 2 others like this.
  2. Very acceptable indeed @HandyAndy1962 !

Just 5/10ths off.... oooh!:D

As I say, have a look a one of the videos for some tips and keep going!:)

3. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    HandyAndy1962
    8:59:697
    PC

After a few crashes & restarts I finally broke the 9 minute barrier by a few tenths. I was almost off the track a few times & was desperately watching the lap delta towards the end. I’m just pleased to get below 9 minutes as I never thought it would be possible after my first lap. I think I need a rest now.

Attached Files:

Mustang 500, Peggy11, Neilski and 3 others like this.
  4. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

What if she gets hooked and sets a faster time than her husband :eek: Very cool she tries it out though. My wife gets quickly nerved behind the virtual wheel but irl she always wants to drive and has a pretty heavy right foot o_O

5. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Laughing Gravy
    PS4[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

6. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Wow!! Nice one :) I've tried (and failed) many times to get my wife to give sim racing a go.

ROFL! Now there's a question :D But would we ever know? :cool::cool:;)

7. Firstly, that's an area I'm not getting into on our polite forum @Neilski , but perhaps you need to work on things...:eek:;):D

And secondly, since she eclipses me in every way, I would be open and proud to be beaten.
    Reality is, she doesn't like going too fast and likes getting to the end safely. Just like me.:cool:

P308R, Mustang 500, Peggy11 and 2 others like this.
  8. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Thx for uploading. I will list my findings below:
    0:32 - too hard over the kerb, ran a bit wide.
    0:40 - turned in too early and lost speed by hitting the kerb too hard.
    0:46 - you can turn in a bit later, that will allow you to be earlier on the throttle and carry more speed for the straight
    2:03 - bit late on the brakes caused understeer and finally snap opff oversteer. You lost the traction & speed for the next straight here.
    2:20 - you can upshift into 5th and take the corner with a small lift in 5th.
    2:33 - again, you might want to upshift. Everytime you run into the limiter it will cost you, unless it is really for a very brief moment.
    2:59 - maybe a bit too much sliding. A cleaner line might gain you some time.
    3:13 - too late on the brakes and understeer into the turn.
    3:23 - that mistake cost you some precious time. Try 95% throttle coming out of the turn, just when you hit the small bump and you are fine.
    3:39 - you wanted to turn in early, had to lift off a bit. That sacrificed some speed up the hill.
    4:50 - might upshift into 4th.
    5:20 maybe a bit too wide.
    5:44 - try to take the corner by positioning your car much more to the right. The left hander is a bit banked, so you want to maximize a later entry.
    5:53 - upshift into 4th.
    6:21 - just a bit too wide, the friction on the front tires will drop your speed too much.
    6:35 - avoid any contacts with kerbs on straights. The tyres will bounce and you will waste speed.
    8:00 - see 6:35
    8:06 - you can use 2nd here if you like, the revs might drop too much in 3rd.

That is a small list and I see you can easily gain 2 seconds overall! Nevertheless, that lap is impressive and it looked like a 8:35!!! Well done, just like the rest of you pushing your limits. :cool:

Neilski, P308R, Mustang 500 and 2 others like this.
  9. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Wow everybody is pushing hard this week, good to see.

I still need to try and get that sub 8:48, but I was rather unexpectedly taken out of furlough late Wednesday afternoon so have been back at work as of yesterday morning, massively reducing my available time to have another go :(

Hopefully I can sneak in a few attempts over the weekend :D

10. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-6-12_11-35-40.png
    Made mistakes but kept ahead of the ghost, so more time to come. Presumably.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2020
  11. @GoodGame.eXistenZ - that's a very generous amount of time you've spent on that very interesting analysis. Thanks on behalf of everyone reading!:)

Trying to distil the advice down, the key things seem to be - improve accuracy/ brake a touch earlier, avoid kerbs and in Bastian's case, use the gearbox a bit more.
    The main message I'm getting is to be accurate. Precision is key.:cool:

@Peggy11 - congratulations and commiserations!:D

12. WHC 182 Current Standings -
    Friday Leader Board

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 8:33:801 PC
    2. Pretend racer - 8.36.569 PC
    3. Bastian Boillot - 8:39:938 PS4
    4. Leif - 8.40.671 PC
    5. Peggy11 - 8:48:123 PC
    6. Neilski - 8.48.225 PC
    7. Total Wrytoff - 8.48.403 PS4
    8. Alexis_RS_MKII - 8.49.148 PC
    9. Moodyryder - 8.49.300 PS4
    10. Biner - 8:51.217 PC
    11. Laughing Gravy - 8.55.977 PS4
    12. HandyAndy1962 - 8:59:697 PC

The list of improvers:

Bastian (@P308R ) gets into the 8.30s! He's posted the vid of his thrilling ride. It’s now 6/10ths @LeiF !
    Big thanks to @GoodGame.eXistenZ for his analysis!
    @Peggy11 improves by 6/10ths, moves up a place, one tenth ahead of @Neilski and has his hands around the throat of a sub 8:48. But the poor chap has to go back to work!
    @Alexis_RS_MKII improves by 1.6 secs to keep the rivalry going. He confesses that his secret objective is an 8.48. Obviously a typo, surely he means a sub 48!:)
    It feels a bit unseemly, but to blow my own trumpet, I’m up two places, from an 8:50.6 to 8:49.2 to 8:48.4. A prize to the person that get the next number in that sequence correct.
    (Tip: it is likely to be a larger number!)
    The handsome @Laughing Gravy improves by an impressive three seconds, or the impressive Laughing Gravy improves by a handsome three seconds, take your pick, both options are correct. :DGood lap LG!
    And welcome again to @HandyAndy1962 - he's clearly a WHCer and has the bit between his teeth! Starting off with a 9:03, he's broken the barrier and now through into the 8s! Great to have you onboard, I'm sure everyone is wondering what the 1962 represents. Or is that just me?:D

Don't forget:

---------------------------------------
    **WHC182 Driver of the Week**

This week a "Driver of the week" will be declared in the Final Standings on Sunday.

@GoodGame.eXistenZ is very kindly going to review the entries to see who he thinks is most worthy.

Two and a half days to go, this is where the practice starts to pay back!:cool:
    Hopefully.

Mustang 500, Biner, Neilski and 4 others like this.
  13. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

Thank you very much for giving it a look and also taking the time for your proper feedback. It really helps since others look with different eyes to your personal lap. I'll try to put everything in use as you advised. However this week has been an absolute rollercoaster personally (positive) so I am not sure of I'll make it to the track once more. I definetely keeps all the advise in mind. THANK YOU! :)

14. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Did somebody say my name?
    OK then... :)
    Just one lap, have other things I need to practice.
    Had 3 league races this week, basically almost no practice for any of them :O .. two of them in ACC - got a 3rd and then 17th (*one mistake :D ) and one in AC, pole and 1st

Improvement
    Leif
    PC

upload_2020-6-12_18-18-10.png

Mustang 500, Peggy11, Biner and 4 others like this.
  15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

That gap between those of us on ~8:48 and the ~8:40 crew is still there... Nobody gonna fill it? (I will be trying but I have limited confidence!)

16. Trying for you @Neilski !:D

This is what things have been looking like, coming towards the end of, what are really, quite decent laps.
    upload_2020-6-12_19-18-49.png
    :D

17. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

With that dedication I expect at least a 8:46:xxx :cool:

18. :)
    That's a big ask Bastian!
    1.5 secs....?

How about 1. 4 secs?:D

19. Biner

Biner Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    8:49.428
    Biner
    PC
    WHC182_3.png

Yessss!! Sub 8:50! I have had several sessions this with no improvement but I have been generating green numbers on the Performance Delta app but often lose my gains with small mistakes. This time, I had a net positive result and attributed that to relaxing more, being smoother on the inputs, not braking so hard and deep (read all the comments made by GGE in previous posts) and focusing on maintaining momentum. I'm getting it bit by bit and doing a better job of regulating heel toe braking. Very addictive this track. A few weeks ago, I knew maybe 1/3rd of the corners. Now I feel familiar with the whole track. And slowly, I am able to exploit that knowledge. Have learned much....great to be back with you all.

20. Improvement
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-6-12_20-6-5.png
    BOOM!
    To answer your prayers @Neilski and Bastian!
    A one lap wonder (for me,) but was disappointed to see this wasn't an 8:32 after I crossed the line.
    Still some minor mistakes, so there is a 46, but it is becoming a Zen thing.:)
    Settings - Brake power at 89%! It still locks up. HUD off until I cross the line.
    And, sorry to the purists, I dropped the H-shifter and used paddles for this lap.:rolleyes:

Mustang 500, Peggy11, Biner and 3 others like this.