1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 182 - Get the Existential Experienz

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

Welcome. Given that you've well and truly jumped into the deep end of the pool I heartily recommend that you be awarded Driver Of The Week.
    Now I'm off to convince Lady Gravy to join in.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

2. There isn't really enough time before Final Standings for a leader-board update so....

***WHC 183 NEWSFLASH*****

@Mustang 500 goes very very fast! He nails an 8 mins 35.5 to take 2nd place!
    Has he been practising all week, or has he been keeping his powder dry?
    Can his only challenger @Pretend racer find those promised improvements????

@Peggy11 pulls off a HUGE lap! - Whopping great improvement.
    There you go everybody! Yet another example of the power of persistence.
    Well done Peggy11, I really think you should open a bottle of champers.:) Pop one in the ice bucket.:)

The power of persistence!
    We have a lady driver in our midst!! I feel I deserve some sort of award for persuasion and I realise I have got one! I have a wife that laps the Nords! And having managed to persuade my wife to register on the forum, I'm now on the easier job of preparing a pitch to Jeff Bezos for a free 50% stake in Amazon.:cool:

Great to hear that some of you, at least one of you, is/are in the early stages of grooming lady recruits.;)
    Thing is chaps, LadyTW quite enjoyed the Mazda, once started.
    That's the trick.
    Getting them started.:)

3. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

I'll have to keep the champers on ice for a little longer!

Improvement
    Peggy11
    8:44:609
    PC

MX5.png

I have a few more goes left before I'm personally out of time this week, I'll let you know how I fare (or don't) :D

P308R, Biner, Pretend racer and 3 others like this.
  4. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

6 pages ! That is so nice to see :)

@Peggy11 Is on fire!

P308R, Biner, Pretend racer and 3 others like this.
  5. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Peggy11
    8:44:163
    PC

MX5 2.jpg

A couple of times over the last few weeks Content Manager has crashed on exiting the track and froze my PC. So I have been taking a photo of the screen with my phone as well as the usual screen shot, just in case. Boy am I glad I did as it happened just now and without the backup photo this lap time would have been an urban legend :eek:

That's definitely it from me this week, I've run out of time to have another go. I have enjoyed myself immensely, and surprised myself even more :)

6. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    HandyAndy1962
    8:56:149
    PC

After a few more attempts I’ve finally managed to improve by just over a second. That is definitely my final lap as I should do other things. I’m pleased to have improved by 30 seconds over my first lap which I was too embarrassed to post.

Attached Files:

7. No you don't.
    :)

8. Alexis_RS_MKII

Alexis_RS_MKII Simracer

Improvement
    Alexis_RS_MKII
    PC

whc_182_2.png

9. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

I tried to have another go at this, using Goodgames tune. But it felt too grippy, I felt like it was scrubbing speed in the corners too much. Probably just my imagination though. I just didn't have enough time to get in the zone...

10. upload_2020-6-14_18-3-2.png
    WHC 182 Final Standings

1. GoodGame.eXistenZ - 8:33:801 PC
    2. Mustang 500 - 8.35.568 XB1
    3. Pretend racer - 8.36.569 PC
    4. Leif - 8.39.732 PC …………………..up from 8:46
    5. Bastian Boillot - 8:39:938 PS4 ..up from 8:47
    6. Neilski - 8.43.345 PC……………… up from 8:58 (Stewards’ enq.)
    7. Peggy11 - 8:44:163 PC………………see below
    8. Alexis_RS_MKII - 8.45.485 PC… up from 8:56
    9. Total Wrytoff - 8.47.072 PS4…………. up from 8:50
    10. Moodyryder - 8.49.300 PS4
    11. Biner - 8:49.428 PC……………… up from 8:51
    12. Laughing Gravy - 8.55.977 PS4.. up from 9:05!
    13. HandyAndy1962 - 8:56:149 PC…..up from 9:03
    14. LadyTW - 12.31.459 PS4……………by far and away the most attractive of all.

Congratulations to our podium! The mid to high 30s is where the air is thin and rarefied.
    @GoodGame.existence, @Mustang 500 and @Pretend racer would make an unbeatable 3 man 24hr team….. great laps and really well done!

There are only 7 people in the world on the RSR in the 30s, we have five of them, so there has to be a podium sub step this week.
    Step up @LeiF!
    Step up Bastian! (@P308R)
    Both improved to break into the 30s. Great driving

There will not be a single person that disagrees with the thought that we should ask GoodGame for another challenge in future!
    What an excellent week, easily one of the best in the 70 WHCs or so that I’ve done.

In the WHC intro, there is the sentence –
    It (the WHC) is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa.”

Harmoniously, and usefully for the alliteration, GoodGame’s challenge embraces and embodies the existential essence of what WHC is about.
    And does it show?
    OH YES!

So many of us inexpertly flapped around at the beginning of the week and by the end of the week, we are carving out very decent times:
    - Those below 8:45 are in the top 20 world’s fastest drivers,
    - Those below or around 8:56 are all in the top third fastest times posted….
    Not only that. This week the improvements have been off the scale! Value and volume.

Personally, I’m absolutely delighted to see GoodGame pleased about this. As you would expect, it’s been a real pleasure to put this challenge together with him over the last couple of weeks, I’ve enjoyed his quality thinking and appreciated his timely and generous response. Let me tell you, he is clearly a very top pro in all areas!
    He really deserves to be thrilled with the reception and he deserves a mighty thank-you! I’m sure you’ll all chip in below with your own. Thank-you GoodGame!
    But I didn’t let him off with just the challenge, as you know, I also asked him to select a Driver of the Week.

This was looking like a tricky pick. In particular:

@P308R Bastian has been amazing - energy, effort and raw speed
    @Neilski has been really amazing, 15secs!! (if we get over the “clearly sandbagging for 58” thought!)
    @Alexis_RS_MKII (wow, talk about keeping the pressure on!) has been amazing, eleven seconds up!
    @Laughing Gravy, a “ten-seconder” has been amazing
    @HandyAndy1962, seven seconds up, has been amazing in his first week! Welcome and really well done.
    @LadyTW, is always amazing.

The Driver of the Week:

No Brainer.
    Head and shoulders better?
    In fact, at the end of the day, he is ahead by a complete lap of the Nordschleife.

Step up @Peggy11 !

upload_2020-6-14_18-6-42.png

Congratulations @Peggy11
    His effort this week, his driving and his times have hugely impressed GoodGame.
    Just writing that brings the hairs up on the back of my neck!
    Cool!:cool: He more than deserves it!

Just take a look at this:

@Peggy11 and a week at the Nordschleife:

8:56:098
    8:51:156
    8:50:775
    8:49:878
    8:48:687
    8:48:123
    8:47:105
    8:45:674
    8:44:609
    8:44:163

Just awesome.
    Talk about “smashed it!”
    He absolutely, completely and thoroughly deserves this award. What a week, what a spectacular effort…VERY WELL DONE @Peggy11
    (Presumably.... it’s at the right temperature now….)

Once again, thanks so much to @GoodGame.existence, I’m very grateful indeed.

And a very big thanks to all of you for playing, sharing the pain and joy and making our WHC such a good laugh.

Onto next week, the lap should only take you half as long….

Last edited: Jun 14, 2020
  11. From one of @Peggy11 's posts this week:

Lessons for us all -

Firstly, the "surprised" bit:

I'm running the risk of repetition, but have a look a @Peggy11 's improvement over the course of the week.

If you discount the slightly erroneous 8:56, the first half of the week was spent in the high 40s.
    Then, look at the improvements as the practise starts to pay off.
    The jumps become big.
    Four whole seconds in the last few days.

That's no surprise @Peggy11 !
    All you've done is simply followed GoodGame's advice and reinforced the WHC Mantra -
    As you sow, so shall you reap.

But what's more?
    He said:
    "I have enjoyed myself immensely"

That comment... in the thick of Hotlap action and with such superb simplicity..... shows clearly the heart and soul of the WHC.:)

12. P308R

P308R Hardcore Simmer

@Peggy11 absolutely deserves being the driver of the week. Well done and some great dedication. Congratulations :D

@Totall Wrytoff Lovely write-up as usual and you can read the exitement between the lines ;)

@GoodGame.eXistenZ Thanks for this combi, it has been great fun :cool:

13. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

Wow!

I don’t know what to say, apart from thank you. :)

Thanks to @GoodGame.eXistenZ for the combi.

Thanks to @Totall Wrytoff for the organisation and as ever the superb write ups right through the week from beginning to end and everything in between.

Most of all thanks to all of you for taking part every week, so many times I record a lap and think ‘that’s a pretty decent lap I’m happy with that, I don’t reckon there’s anyway I can go quicker’.
    Then I look at all of your times improving, improving, improving and realise I’ve got to try again and go faster or get left behind.
    Plus all of the mega helpful tips on set up, and videos of laps I can only dream of driving that you guys post each week to show how it’s done. They all help us go that little bit faster than we think we can.

14. GoodGame.eXistenZ

GoodGame.eXistenZ Hardcore Simmer

Thank you all for taking part in this combo.

@Totall Wrytoff Perfectly sums up this challenge and thx for giving me the opportunity to choose a challenge.

And congratulations to @Peggy11 for the driver of the week - your progress is really amazing and I am sure you could have gone even faster. While @P308R also put up great lap times!

@Pretend racer Yes you are right, my setup is grippier than yours, but I guess it allows me to drive a bit mor aggressive in some places. Would have been interesting to see what I could have done in your setup : )

15. LadyTW

LadyTW Racer

wrong week!

Attached Files:

Totall Wrytoff likes this.