1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

OK DLSS 2.0 - Promising technology that ACC could benefit from

Discussion in 'ACC Hardware Discussions' started by XzzDSA, Feb 18, 2020.

1. Kevin Tanton

Kevin Tanton Racer

Best I'm hoping for is ACC 2 maybe :)

2. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Sounds like more DLSS updates coming to the Unreal 4 branch at the end of the month, which supports DLSS with VR. I had heard someone mention in the past that DLSS was harder to use with VR but I guess this is addressing that....

https://news.developer.nvidia.com/new-features-to-dlss-coming-to-nvidia-rtx-unreal-engine-4-branch/

Kunos, if you are working on adding DLSS to ACC behind the scenes, please consider incorporating this new version if possible, as better VR performance would go a long way in improving the ACC experience for many. Thanks.

Ale Robles likes this.
  3. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

Would be great..

houssen likes this.
  4. houssen

houssen Racer

ale Dreams come true in vr but not acc
    impossible to implement

no ray tracing no dlss 2.0 no vrss

they had to put the three screens because if not the community would kill them

aris already said many times that they don't implement something just for vr

Fabio Luchetta I think he is in charge of working on this section

ale you have to steal an rtx 3090 ja ja ..

Ale Robles likes this.
  5. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

I will!!!!!!!

houssen likes this.
  6. Whitestar

Whitestar Hardcore Simmer

I'm hoping the performance difference between the 3090 and 3080 isn't that big and that a 3080 is enough to get at least decent performance in ACC VR.

7. anthonylroy

anthonylroy Hardcore Simmer

8. seb 6th gear

seb 6th gear Simracer

9. Voodoo 2

Voodoo 2 Rookie

Omg we need DLSS in VR so bad...

KToMmi likes this.
  10. Apparently, DSLL support is only for from unreal 4.24.3. ACC uses 4.22.3.

Considering that it is already well customized by Kunos, I find an upgrade difficult, not to mention impossible, at this point in the project.

upload_2020-9-3_10-53-13.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  11. houssen

houssen Racer

return to earth

kunos will not implement ray tracing dls 2.0

we have debated this for a long time

conclusion that a comb

12. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

If I'm not mistaken, DLSS 2.0 is UE 4.25 required and what the post you linked is about surely make use of DLSS 2.0.
    https://news.developer.nvidia.com/g...time-ray-tracing-and-dlss-in-unreal-engine-4/
    https://developer.nvidia.com/unrealengine

So, to make use of any of those new features, UE 4.25 or higher must surely be used, thus meaning Kunos would have to change from the current UE version used (4.22, I believe) to 4.25 or higher.

13. I thought that DLSS was not compatible because of the rendering method as discussed months ago?

14. Brado23

Brado23 Racer

Kunos have upgraded the Unreal engine in the past from 4.20 (iirc) to 4.22, not long before the 1.0 release, so it can potentially be done. However, that was before they did the customisations for triple screen support so I suspect that will make it more complex, but still not impossible. Will just require extra time and testing which I hope they have time for.

With what looks like a massive influx of RTX 3000 series users coming in with all of the excitement around that (along with the attractive pricing), I think the investment in time would be well worth the effort if they don't have other more pressing priorities.

15. anthonylroy

Its not on the main Branch of UE4, and its specifice to Nvidia and RTX what about non RTX and AMD cards

16. eracerhead

eracerhead Hardcore Simmer

I think it’s in Kunos’ best interests to support this tech, even if it has to wait for an ACC2 to roll out. The game itself is pretty solid at this point, and the only real criticism it gets - apart from it being solely focused on GT - is the performance issues people face.

That said, DLSS has been shown to be advantageous even for non-VR users, so perhaps they will look at the adoption rate of this new generation of cards and use that to determine whether it’s worthwhile to invest development time on re-coding the existing game engine or not.

17. anthonylroy

My only issue with DLSS is that it is specific ,i.e. specific to a single ompany, as far as i know its not generic and cannot be used by other card manufactures like OpenGl or directx. as a company a small company you would have to consider lots of options. Choose DLSS invest a high percentage of your resources on a new and not yet proven technology, not yet available on the vast majority of your clients hardware you would have to commit you software to a specific card manufacturer. And if UNREAL engine introduces new better technology there is no guarantee that it will be compatible with NVIDIA UE4 branch.

18. anthonylroy

19. Voodoo 2

Voodoo 2 Rookie

For sure there are more ppl that would benefit from dlss than triple screen support...

20. Ale Robles

Ale Robles Racer

I think both are necessary for a magnificent simulator as ACC. Still are many people that doesnt want to play ACC because the lack of performance, specially in VR.

I think this feature could bring many people to this sim.

Voodoo 2 likes this.