1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 210 - Pinpoint precision and a pastis

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Jan 16, 2021.

1. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

The GF got me a new Milwaukee circular saw for my bday so i put it to use and added some lateral bracing to the rig. The wheel deck is definitely stiffer now. Had a little bit of movement before. Rock solid now!

20210115_152520.jpg 20210120_201218.jpg 20210120_201212.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  2. SlowGrayAudi

Hopefully i can get some laps in tonight for this challenge!

3. SlowGrayAudi

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:12.370
    PS4

20210120_233238.jpg

4. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

AC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:10.755
    PS4
    20210120_234532.jpg

5. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:02.589
    PS4

I absolutely hate Paul Ricard

Dry tires. Green track

20210121_003023.jpg 20210121_003029.jpg

Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  6. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    2:02.433
    PS4

I still hate Paul Ricard
    Dry tires, optimum

20210121_005808.jpg 20210121_005814.jpg

7. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

@SlowGrayAudi - optimum means - rubber on the track. rubber + rain --> slippery.
    so always choose green track when you have wet conditions.
    If you have race or hotstint, the rubber is washed out by the rain, but it takes some laps.
    On console AFAIK about 2-3 laps, after the last update on PC its much longer now, moren than 10 laps.

8. SlowGrayAudi

I ran it with both, i know about the rubbering and water on top etc. But honestly with the light rain i felt more comfortable with optimum. The front end just wasn't as sharp with the track green. Maybe if it was medium or heavy rain then it wouldn't work out with optimum.

Im also still trying to not hate this track, and I've never driven the 2018 Porsche. I had to work on the setup a lot to get the front end i wanted. Im still trying to get the rear end tamed a bit though.

9. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

This looks fantastic. I am so bad but managed to have a go. Had to get rid of the second chair and use the sofa as a support. I'll have to come up with some better..

Attached Files:

10. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Well. That was amazing. Definitely rusty but it will come back. Just great to be back

Attached Files:

11. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Great stuff Lewis

12. @SlowGrayAudi - That Milwaukee is a piece of work!! Your GF obviously trusts in the stability of your relationship! :D
    I see you ran your AC laps at 11DegC... have you discovered something we don't know?

@Emmanuel Tubbiolo - since you've been away, we've fiddled with the Ambient Temp rule.
    We have been running at 10DegC Ambient.
    The Ambient Temp choice is now free, but I think you'll be quicker at 10C. :)

13. Improvement

AC
    BenBB
    2:07:110
    PC
    s1.PNG
    @Lewisxbone inspirational time, took me 3 days and 3000 tries to beat it ! If that's rusty for you... ;)

14. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    Rod100
    Xb1

Lowered the suspension a bit further. Don't know to what extent the improvement is due to driving or setup, or both.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

15. ACC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-21_16-21-2.png
    Giving ACC another try and still learning this track.
    Default Wet set-up.
    The car seems to have the turning circle of a bus and the rear tyres are red hot and over 35 psi after half a lap! That can't be right... I put TCS on and it made no difference to the temps.
    For these laps I was running 23 psi at the rear and they were at over 30 psi by the end of a lap.

Any advice on tyres and turn-in from the gurus? I'd be interested to try again with a sorted car, or at least, tyres in the right window. :)

16. HandyAndy1962

HandyAndy1962 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    HandyAndy1962
    2:13.783
    PC

Attached Files:

17. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

tyre pressure - just watch how they are after 3/4 lap - should be not too much > 31.0
    Optimal wet tyre pressure is 30.0
    If tyres are red or not is not important on hotlap - you nearly cant do anything (brake ducts, but they will cost you time on the straight)
    I disable all HUD stuff except the lap times - can highly recommend to focus on the driving and not on all the numbers.
    TCS on? That confuses me. Why should you put TCS off?o_O

Edit: Its normal process in ACC to adjust pressures.

18. Thanks @sissydriver - the pressures were way too low then.

19. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement
    AC
    Lewis
    2:06.537 - SX
    7F763FB3-A9F7-4A04-B1B1-4B2F2EC3CAFE.jpeg

Thanks Ben and Emmanuel.
    i reckon that’s it for this one.
    Goodgame.eXistenz video helped loads, love how you double apex, Sir you are one hell of a driver.
    I’m gonna try ACC again tomorrow.
    ive just read sissydrivers post about the tyres and that’s exactly what I needed.
    I tried a few laps on Tuesday but didn’t have a clue about pressures so I give up, also I couldn’t get below a 2:03 hence why I give up.

20. Improvement
    ACC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2021-1-21_17-51-29.png
    It works much better with the right pressures. Thanks for the advice @sissydriver :)