1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 264

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 26, 2022.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 264

Assetto Corsa Hot Lap

Car: Lotus Exige 240R
    Track: Highlands
    upload_2022-2-26_19-45-47.png
    upload_2022-2-26_19-46-3.png
    This week you can use the throttle with impunity!
    In fact most of the lap is flat out. The Lotus, on this empty, rural road, sounds like a crying baby, but it is in its element.
    The key to a good lap time here is down to skill on the brakes, particularly at Mount Florida and Barrowlands. I managed a 2:44.3 testing it out.

Tyres:
    ……. Semislicks - 29psi front - 31psi rear

RSR Fastest Lap:
    ….. 2:40.465 A sub 2:48 gets you into the top 10.

Assetto Corsa Competizione - 10 mins Hot Stint
    upload_2022-2-26_19-46-59.png
    Car: *** FREE CHOICE - 19-21 Season cars*** :)
    Track:
    Spa Francochamps

It is hot, dark and wet…. and you can drive what you like.
    All you have to do is last for ten minutes..

Conditions
    Time of day: 03:00
    Time elapse: x48
    Weather type: Custom
    Dynamic Weather: Disabled
    Cloud: n/a
    Temp: 35deg C
    Grip level: Green
    Standing water: 30%
    Wetness: 50%

---------------------------------------------------

How to take part:

To enter, select Hotlap and choose the car, (conditions for ACC) and Circuit as above.

Please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    * Challenge type (AC or ACC)
    * Improvement (Only if you have already posted a time)
    * Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leader board)
    * Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx.
    * Your platform (PC Xb1 PS4)
    * Screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment.
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, lap mode, weather and of course the car being used!

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa. All Platforms are welcome.

Deadline: Sunday 6th March 2022
    Chequered Flag will drop around 6pm.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2022

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 270 Apr 16, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 269 Apr 9, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 268 Mar 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 267 Mar 19, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 266 Mar 12, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 265 Mar 5, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022

3. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2022-2-26_21-3-33.png
    I am in already!
    2/10ths slower than my best when I tried out the challenge, but I fluffed Barrowlands.

4. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

10min hotstint for ACC?

x48 is the highest multiplier i can do

5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Same.

x48 is the maximum on ps5 too. I did a run with it on that last night.

Starts in the dark then gets light early on lap 2.

There must be a bump or something near the pit exit on Kemmel straight. I never noticed it in the dry. It had me in the wall early on before the tyres had come up.

6. x48 it is!
    I have edited the post.
    (Since the disc drive in my PS4 now doesn't work, I can't check details, so I had to guess.)

Emmanuel Tubbiolo likes this.
  7. bennorz

bennorz Gamer

Haven't driven Highlands in a minute, but it's more fun than I expected. Took me a couple of laps to get a general understanding of the possible speed.

RSR #10 will do for now. I'll be back and start touching the default setup

AC
    bennorz
    2:48.129
    PC

20220228123906_1.jpg

Track is quite pretty so I took a couple of screenshots:

Screenshot_lotus_exige_240_ks_highlands_28-1-122-13-7-2.png

Screenshot_lotus_exige_240_ks_highlands_28-1-122-13-15-17.png

I also setup an online server, so if any PC-aficionado wants to take a spin: https://acstuff.ru/s/q:race/online/join?httpPort=8087&ip=157.90.123.35
    It's a bit more mellow - outlap, no ghost etc. - but it might be fun to not tackle Scotland alone ;)

8. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

I know it's late, but I am officially a PC GAMER!

9. Congrats @F1415182235 !

I'm interested to see if you are now faster! :)

Emmanuel Tubbiolo and TinPeach like this.
  10. SlowGrayAudi

What season are we running in ACC? 2021?

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  11. SlowGrayAudi

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    11:01.267
    PC

Best lap 2:41.852

Difficult to say the least. I did 2021 season

Started with base wet setup and tweaked a little.

20220228_121421.jpg 20220228_121414.jpg

12. I propose a completely free choice.

Is there a faster car, or is it personal preference/ familiarity that gets the best time?

13. SlowGrayAudi

I think there are different bop for different years so there might be some slight difference in performance in the earlier years I think. I'd probably just make everyone do 19-21 that way they get all the newer cars as well if they have the 2020 package obviously.

Totall Wrytoff likes this.
  14. BOP!
    Good insight @SlowGrayAudi , thanks.

19 -21 Season it is

SlowGrayAudi likes this.
  15. SlowGrayAudi

16. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

My ham fisted approach to driving will make Balance of Performance totally redundant.

The only thing I balance is the level of embarassment felt at the time of posting my time each week!

17. As long as you keep 'em coming @TinPeach !
    And good to see you in both challenges :)

18. moodyryder

ACC
    moodyryder
    10.46.608 4 laps
    Ferrari 2020

ps5

Screenshot_20220301-215808_YouTube.jpg

My eldest daughter is nearly 16. I've been encouraging her to try using the wheel & pedals, just for fun before she learns to drive next year.

She likes to use the "Iron Dames" pink Ferrari.

I got this run out of it. I've tried three times with Pier Guidi to beat it and crashed every time.

Doriane Pin it is then.

Girl Power.

Drag Racing?

New ps5 update:

FOV adjustment changes the game. Also the "look with wheel" looking into the corner is great. Slow, tight corners like La Source or the chicane are so much better now. Offline racing is fantastic with 30 AI cars and rock solid performance. Multiplayer isn't working properly but hopefully it might get fixed. I don't do much Multiplayer though so I'm very happy with the update.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2022
  19. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

ACC
    TinPeach
    11:01.070
    PC

I take that back, I seem to have done OK in the wet.

I went for the BMW M4 with safe setup, wet tyres/brakes and reduced brake pressure. The M4 was my choice due to missing the WHC when it was the star, I not getting around to trying it since - turns out it is incredibly stable in the wet.

Attached Files:

20. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I’m going to boot up the old Series X and see what difference there is in the new ‘next gen’ update.

21. moodyryder

By the way, here's Fred showing me how to drive the Lotus on the Highland Circuit.