1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hot Lap Challenge 264

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Feb 26, 2022.

1. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

On the PS5 I notice the track temps pick up more than on PC - 28 degs for myself and SGA versus 34. I wonder if that is the 1.8 update making the difference (which I believe is coming to console soon)?

2. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

It must be.

It appears the console definitely has an unfair advantage here.

3. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

AC
    TinPeach
    2:45:872
    PC

This was fun, first four laps of what I hope to be more!

Attached Files:

4. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

I’m going to try and get the Series X reconnected to see if I get any improvement - if I can find my pedal lead!

It may just be you’re pretty quick in these conditions - although I’m never a strong bench mark for these things.

5. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi Hardcore Simmer

Great time!!! I need more seat time!

6. SlowGrayAudi

We're neck in neck here

7. SlowGrayAudi

I got the ps5 updated and its version 1.7.7.5

Pc is on like 1.8.12 or something

The updated 1.8 patch slowed all the laptimes down significantly. I cant hit 1:48s at monza anymore. I've done 49.1 as my best. Used to do 48.5s

8. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Yep. The 1.8 update was a big one, they updated pretty much the complete physics models (especially tyre) and warned peopled they would lose a couple of secs per lap which aligns them better with real world. It’s promised to be coming to console - I feel it makes the cars feel more natural over larger bumps, like curbs, but the tyres are more difficult to keep in the window.

9. SlowGrayAudi

Its a huge improvement. Not that it was bad before by any means. But now you can feel the tires more. It's incredible how much they have achieved with the physics model.

I had to rework all my setups. 1.8 launched I would roast my tires with my old setups. To be like one to two PSI too high and just overheating everywhere

10. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    AC
    TinPeach
    2:44:867
    PC

Took five minutes before a presentation I need to give - found a second!

Attached Files:

11. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

Pretty happy with just one quick session but was a sec faster and blew it.. had to leave it and that's me for the week. One evening is pretty much what I'll be able to do from now on but can't complain. Ok a little bit but had a great time last night. Maybe when I'll settle in the job I may be able to have a second evening going wrecked to work..
    Had the same experience with my eldest daughter Moodyrider. She is 18 but when we took the real car... didn't work out very well.. maybe a bit too much horsepower! Anyway good to read all the post. Nice battles going on.

Attached Files:

12. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - just!
    ACC
    TinPeach
    11:00.355
    PC

Decided to go back to what I know - the 488. Only a slight improvement but I feel this has a lot more to come and is just nicer to drive than the BMW. Might give the McLaren a run as well at some point.

Attached Files:

13. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    ACC
    TinPeach
    10:57.232
    PC

Couldn’t resist one more go. Nearly lost it on the first lap forgetting to stay left at the top of Eau Rouge - dam that pesky puddle - so definitely more time to find. 10:46 seems an awfully long way off though!

Attached Files:

14. SlowGrayAudi

Im not sure ill be able to get near that 46 either lol

15. Laughing Gravy

Laughing Gravy Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Laughing Gravy
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

16. SlowGrayAudi

Improvement

ACC
    SlowGrayAudi
    10:52.325
    PC

Still very difficult. I dont know how you got a 10:46.xxx moody!

Maybe tinpeach and i are just too slow on this one lol

20220302_201226.jpg 20220302_201218.jpg

17. SlowGrayAudi

You have cloud cover on as well as raining.

I think they're supposed to be off.

But you're still faster then me so great job!!! Really good driving

18. TinPeach

TinPeach Hardcore Simmer

Blimey, that means it was set without a drying track - that’s even more impressive!

I’ve run a few laps in the McLaren and I think I can do a 1:50 ish, but a 46, no.

19. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

The track condition does improve drastically as the stint goes on.

I've tried a half hour race with the AI under the same conditions.

Even though it's still raining the track just gets faster & faster as the day (time x48) goes on.

Towards the end of that race I lapped in 2:33.

Something isn't right. I wouldn't be faster than the other players on a level playing field. Conditions or something I must have it wrong. Maybe I've hit a lucky sweet spot in the set up.

I did try the Audi (!) but didn't even get to Pouhon on the first lap. I am allergic to that car though. :)

In the virtual Moodyverse Pier Guidi has now asserted the patriarchy and gone a second faster than Doriane Pin. A bit of a shame really.

Only a matter of time before I'm caught and left behind.

There's always a bigger fish.

20. SlowGrayAudi

I think the physics are probably a big factor the old.tire physics are probably helping a bit.

Still very impressive