1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Discussing ACC Safety rating

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by Pitralon, Feb 6, 2019.

1. BTL.357

BTL.357 Gamer

Thanks for clearing that up. :)

2. WITHO @ U.K

WITHO @ U.K Rookie

online can you disable the back bumper sensors for the SA decrease punishment if you get rammed into from behind ?? it should only register on the front bumper bonnet wings and doors i do think the total rear end of the car should have no sensors at all so if you get rear ended you dont get punished from the other driver not breaking as as they hit you with there front end. hopefully you will think of something like this in the next patch , inf1 they only penalise the driver at fault not both cars ?? thanks for reading this hopefully its a idea you will discuss in the team cheers alex

Pirro likes this.
  3. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

Maybe it can be taken into consideration but I think racing is not so clear-cut. For example there is a thing called "brake-testing" where you intentionally slow down to prevent being overtaken. Or you could change your line during braking, or just close the door to an overtaking car without checking the mirror. The general principle is that you keep your line, keep awareness of the surrounding cars and behave in a predictable way. Risking both car damage and rating cut should be enough to keep your eyes open. Just avoid contacts with other cars, check your mirrors, make sure your lap times are comparable with the people you are racing with, do not attempt overtaking where it is not advisable to do so. Most people care about their rating as much as you, so they will do the same.

Also, if you get hit a lot then try to learn the car-track better. This will help you in 2 ways: 1) you'll be towards the front of the grid, fighting with higher quality drivers 2) you'll know the track very well so during racing you will be 0% focused on how to drive around and 100% focused on racing the cars around you.

4. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

Should not happen. Example: me behind a blue flagged, slower BMW, he did not seem to give room or step aside for very long, mostly a complete lap, my benz is a bit slow at exit so i was stuck but faster. This guy then thought its a good idea to touch brake or step from throttle on the ideal line at exit so i was on full throttle and close behind. Of course i was in his trunk, both receive OBWP. Thats fine by me, i stay on SA 99 all the time ;) but that is clearly the fault of the car in front.

5. chksix

chksix Hardcore Simmer

I'm an expert at being blue flagged and I learned both from Aris videos and the hard way how to behave on track. Just drive normally and wait until the faster car steps out to overtake you, then lift off to let him pass safely. It helped to set mirror view distance to 60 m or more to avoid getting jumped by the fast cars. Once they bomb you in the radar it is too late to react.

The_Bad_Fasterd, ricxx and AndyK70 like this.
  6. Sirpsicho

Sirpsicho Rookie

This message is hilarious, stricter? But please....

You are constantly bombed on T1 in monza and when it happens you loose 2 points gained with a lot of effort in 2 or 3 races, but maybe you are a pro player and the server you go in are full of platinum pilots, angels and waiters that when they see you in the rearview mirror let you overtake welcoming, but from my side i race in calcutta server like.
    I don't have the time that no brain kids have, i have a family a job and kids and my goal is to have 1 hour (because in one day this is the only time i have) of good and exciting driving simulation but is almost impossible, i want to be fair and take care of this SA system they made, but it is a actually a joke, so i decided to treat this game as an arcade one and not the great simulation advertised everywhere.

Last edited: May 5, 2022
  7. budgetek

budgetek Gamer

Reading your opponents behaviour and staying out of trouble in T1 is part of the race craft. If you dont manage to stay away from it you should practice more. T1 accidents happen IRL as well. Look at Vetstappen x Hamilton in Monza last season.

8. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

Well, I’ve had races where also happened to drop places due to incidents, even from 1st to last, in T1 race start (Monza and Nurburgring are the tracks more prone to happen) and never, I repeat, never SA dropped due to having other drivers severely pushing me off track.

Very probably your issues aren’t only how others race but very much also how you race, which is causing you to lose 2 or 3 point in a single incident, because, as it shows with your comments at the end of your post, it is probably very much about how you approach online races.
    Never 2 wrongs made 1 right, and don’t expect to be different if your race attitude towards others is levelled by the worst that can happen to you.

Regarding the others remarks you made in your post I’m not even going to bother to spend my time with them, so outrageous they are.

Kennifer, Wolkenwolf and AndyK70 like this.
  9. Winston

Winston Hardcore Simmer

SA should work on reverse i.e go negative for a lapped car in front of and in close proximity to an un-lapped car. Should you un-lap yourself, you should make rapid progress and get away to minimise the losses.

10. almarm

almarm Racer

Hi. My stats, medals, time laps, etc... are not being updated when I play in single player (quick race and custom race weekend).

What I´m doing wrong?

Many thanks.

11. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

AC2-Win64-Shipping_2021_01_01_16_16_RatingNotes.jpg

Wolkenwolf likes this.
  12. almarm

almarm Racer

Many, many thanks friend.

Any way to restart all or part of stats?

13. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

No, it's part of your account.

14. Sirpsicho

Sirpsicho Rookie

This is, if possible, even funnier that what Branco said.
    Have you ever seen T1 in Monza in a noob server with 20 opponents? It is really funny to watch, believe me, I'm aware incident can happen also in real life, but you mean....everytime? And with other opponents, after you were bombed, continue to push you out off track? This is not a simulation, technycally seems to be, but driving style is ridicolous for most of the drivers, i mean, this game is ruined by them and by this SA count system that simply does not work, if the purpose is to avoid people to be a bad driver. Do You know what is the more frustrating thing? Immediately after you were bombed and your car destroyed, you have to wait at the pit for 3 minutes at least, so summarizing...you bombed when you was, for example, in 3rd position (after you did 15 minutes qualification) , go back to the pit and stay there for 3,5 minutes (in a race of 20 minutes long) the result is that you are out of the race and 40 minutes (of the 60 at my disposal) were throwed in the bin, and at least 1 point SA is lost as well, what do you think? This is fair for you? I think that those 2 are the worst points against this spectacular game, without them this could be considered the best race simulator ever made.

Lastly i want to respond to Branca for what he wrote on the last message, you're simply a liar my friend (or you live in a parallel universe), and that's it.

My attitude is always the same, i'm a fair driver, i can make mistakes this is for sure, i'm not a top player like you, but at least i'm honest.

15. AndyK70

AndyK70 Alien

Kennifer likes this.
  16. almarm

almarm Racer

Many thanks friend.

17. Booster

Booster Racer

...things already known.
    First of all I would like to thank all the developers of this amazing simulator, the only flaw is the system that assigns SA points.
    The rules of calculation are deeply flawed and unsporting.
    You can lose 3 or 4 points at the first corner of a race for reasons that are not your fault.
    Then you can do a 30 minutes race starting from the last position and arriving on the podium, doing 22 overtakes without touching any other car and without ever leaving the track and receive only one SA point.
    But the most painful thing is to see so many people that in order not to lose SA points start last even if they qualified in the first 4 positions, this is really meaningless, frustrating and diminishes the value of this simulator.
    I hope that one day the developers review this situation.

Peace for all

18. The system doesnt work on a per race basis, it works over longer periods of time and it works fine.

If youre getting into accidents every race you need to start learning how to avoid them.

Kennifer, pdf3108 and Wolkenwolf like this.
  19. Wolkenwolf

Wolkenwolf Racer

like starting last on open servers ... :D

Booster likes this.
  20. Ive tried that when the game just came out with mixed results. :D

Eventually just driving safe and avoiding dangerous situations got my SA to 99 real fast and I dont have any problems staying there, even though I do get involved and even cause accidents from time to time.
    Its all part of racing.

Kennifer likes this.