1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Why such an so extreme Hardware claim ??? (aka "will it run on my pc?")

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Robert Gerke, Nov 9, 2013.

1. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

Merging.

2. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

not that it matters, but I do run it maxed out :)
    but I also dont' understand this obssesion with max settings,

if you want nice visuals, put all on max, if you want more FPS, reduce where you feel it's most forgiving to you

but if you want max visuals and max performance on not newest HW, screaming on developers isn't the solution

paulieGTR likes this.
  3. paulieGTR

paulieGTR Alien

I agree Patrik, but to get FSX totally maxxed out @stupid resolutions, frames would need to be limited.
    Even at that... 100% sliders AI, Airport Traffic, Cars, boats ferries and then the weather - rex/rex/AS2012.
    Me in the UK, i've got all "Horizon Generation X v3."

Of 'cos... we know fsx is totally cpu bound and gfx card isn't really as important although it does help.
    FSX... a good xtreme processor, nothing can beat it.:)

But in AC... for me it's all about the getting the highest number of frames i can possibly get.
    I'll never restrict frames especially in race sims, i just rather turn a few things down a click.
    I mean let's face it, no-ones looking @ the scenery while overtaking or fighting(cleanly) for position.
    It's nice for AC to look as good as it does, but i'd rather performance over candy.

AFAIK... GT6 has been dumbed down a notch graphicly in order to get better performance.
    Us PC folks are spoilt in a way, we can upgrade every year or two.
    Also we can choose the way we run the sim and it doesn't affect anyone else round about us.:)

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
    Patrik Marek likes this.
  4. Mattymdm

Mattymdm Rookie

Whats the maximum settings i can run at? Hopefully my signiture will help you guys out with my specs.
    Basically im rather new to pc gaming and bought assetto corsa as my first racing game.
    Some issues are, the game seems to be skipping slightly at high speeds
    Also when im out of the cockpit view the ground infront of me (100ft or so) seems very blurred and its like the ground is shaking , i know this game is still in the beta stage and this might just be the game or is my pc not powerful enough to run this smoothly?

Cheers Matt.

5. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

Is it serious? Looks like a joke for me.

Robilon likes this.
  6. I can run AC at max with consistant 60fps, but I have some issues with my airflow so my card would overheat over time. Just need better airflow and I'd be set. And I haven't even looked into overclocking yet!

7. Asilo_Driver

Asilo_Driver Racer

Just for contribute to stats, my specs are below. I can run 1920 x 1050 @140 FPS in most car / tracks combination BUT when I increase the cubemaps things (face updates?) the FPS decreases drastically. But not much lose of visual quality apparently. Other settings don't affect too much the FPS.

However, sometimes I got some stuttering (not always), I will try cap the maximum FPS via notepad and check if it fixes.

I can understand the OT concern, when weather gfx plus AI cars be on the scene maybe we'll be struggling to have a fluid FPS but let's not suffer in advance lol

VenturexGaming likes this.
  8. The Moose

The Moose Hardcore Simmer

The main thing i've noticed with AC compared to other sims i drive is there is no difference in lap time or FFB feel at 60 FPS or 160 FPS as long as you have some headroom at 60.

For example, I set it up with vsync off, unlocked framerate and adjust graphics settings until it runs at a minimum of 80FPS, then lock the FPS to 61. This way my GPU has plenty of headroom and my system isn't getting bogged down. Everything feels smooth and the FFB is still as quick and detailed as it is at over 120 FPS. Obviously you need to find a number to lock it at that gives you minimal visual tearing and that will differ for everyone.

In iRacing for example, i have it locked at 129 FPs for best fluidity and FFB sharpness. If it dips below 100 i can feel the FFB starting to get slightly delayed, and below 70 it's very noticeably delayed, mushy and my lap times suffer quite a lot. The same goes for all other sims I've tried.. FPS needs to be as high as possible to keep the whole thing fluid and FFB sharp.

Of course i would say 60FPS is the minimum you want in any sim, but in AC it seems 60 is plenty as long as you have headroom.

9. Petros Mak

Petros Mak Hardcore Simmer

Actually I misread his first post, haven't been back in a while so I didn't see this thread had gotten so many replies, WOW. I was actually thinking of the GTX 580 when I posted so that was my bad. Yeah the 680 is great. I myself have a 770 now.

10. Babis

Babis Rookie

Hi to all ,I recently buy a new PC just for Assetto Corsa. And i Have to say i am very happy .
    But i have a question , is this game sto hard for my PC to handle ?

I have everything maxed out, AA filters all of them, World detail,1920x1080, vasync on, blur maxed out , everything is maxed out.
    And i cant get 60 fps stable. I get 45-60 fps and ofcorse when vsync is on it goes from 30-60 all the time.
    I know that if i lower the settings ofcorse i will get more fps, and i know that if i have vsync off i will not have the 30-60 fps all the time.
    The question is : The 780TI is to litlte to handle the game maxed out ? with 60fps ?
    Shall i get 2x 780TI to get 60 fps locked at all maxed out ?

At the first i thought that maybe the CPU i5 3570 is to litle for the game, But i have make some bencmarks with HW monitor on , I use my old i3 3220 and i take from a friend an i7 3770 just to see if the CPU is the problem.
    And i see that i get the same fps minimum , maximum and averege with the i3,i5,i7 CPUS , I checked the HW info and i see that that even the i3 3220 has CPU maximum Load about 60% . So not so cpu depended game. it runs the same even with i3 at my pc with these settings.

I didnt try more ram like 16gb , to see if its better, but i guess it will not .

Again thanks for the great game, Please tell me if i have to get 2X 780Ti to play the game at maximum, If it cant run at 60fps locked without any other cars in the track , I wonder what will happen when the Multi player arives with 10 or more cars in the track, i guess i will not get 30fps on max settings.

Thanks and sory for my bad english :)

11. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

There's already a discussion about this. Merging.

12. Babis

Babis Rookie

Sory for that :(

13. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

What you need to do is set shadows to medium, AA to 4X, AF to 4X, Cube map to medium, faces per frame to 2. This will look as good as max and you should get over 200fps, I have a 780 and run triples and can get 160fps no problem. But my CPU is the K version and running 4.6Ghz.

14. Babis

Babis Rookie

Simon Roberts Thanks for the reply, i know that if i lower the settings i will get more fps, my question is why a single 780ti cant handle this game at maximum settings. Thats all.(its hard for me to understand a game like Grid 2 for example with animated enviroment highres textures and a lot of particle effects ,gets an 90 fps on maximum and AC dont)
    Personaly when i use your recomended settins i see a big diference from maxed out.
    I respect the work from the developers ofcorse, i just wondering thats all. I dont say that i dont like the game.Maybe just maybe all these low fps have to do with the loading times they seem to me very fast , also the gpu memory load is very small, maybe its buffer problem, i dont know just saying :)

Your CPU 3570k is at 4.6 mine is at 3.8 non K , But trust me this game has no diference at all from I3 3220 to I7 3770K the same pc and i dont see any diference at all, and for sure. At all my Bencmarks an i3 3220 on my PC and maxed out settings doesnt use over 60-65% CPU load.
    That tells me that the game is very gpu hungry and not at all CPU hungry even an i3 2 physical core is far enough to run the game.

Even my litle i3 2350m from Sony Vaio laptop doesnt have 90-100% CPU load in asseto corsa.
    So i guess the game isnt optimized for high perfomance CPU All of the tests that i make is with HW info.
    Its really strange for me to see a game that depends a lot on physics , not to be optimized for CPU power.

15. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Why do you need to run it at full?! Its a sim thats designed to last for the next 5 years, so i wouldnt expect it to run at full just yet. also dont forget this is early access Beta so isn't finalised and being changed all the time.

Things like cube maps at full etc and faces per frame at 8 r what ever will bring a titan to its knees at the moment.
    This is also a sim, Grid 2 isnt, so doesnt have all the calculations etc going on so can pump all resources into high frame rates.

16. Babis

Babis Rookie

Why do i need to run it at full ?

I guess like the most of the people we are trying to evolved from Race 07 to something that looks better, If we compromise for something less i dont think that we se any evolution at everything. Its a human nature.

I agree that is beta , thats why i asked i dont complain about anything.

Grid 2 is an arcade and AC is a sim ok we agree on that. But Grid 2 or NFS rivals has complex physics to ,Physics are just numbers and calculations , A game that is an arcade doesnt mean that it doesnt have complex physics. AC has values on the physics that is on the sim side. and Grid 2 has values that is on arcade side. AC physics will make calulations about tyre heat and NFS rivals will make calculations about the flying objects like Papers or Trees or anything else .
    So its a diferent think what the physics are on to AC tyres, air dynamics etch etch , And NFS rivals physics water,damages, etch etch.
    So AC and NFS rivals has complex physics . both of them.

Then again if the physics are so complex why the 2-4 or 8 cores cpus are sleeping ?

If a game is a sim or arcade doesnt have to do about the complexity of the physics.Try to change the values of tyre modeling on AC and you will see that from sim it could be an arcade game in just a sec. See the Shift 2 from Mad studios, the physics was really complex but the values and tyre modeling was very bad.

Again , i just wondering what is holding the 780ti from geting more fps thats all. Thanks

17. Simon Roberts

Simon Roberts Simracer

Even at medium settings with HDR on AC looks infinitely better than Race07 and pretty much any other sim out there.

Not saying you're complaining mate, just trying to help you, I think i have realised that i don't NEED to run this sim at full as thievery else (FFb, physics etc) takes over and the enjoyment of the sim is second to non. Plus it looks freakin awesome IMO.

18. djkostas

djkostas Hardcore Simmer

Simple answer is it isnt strong/powerful enough.
    Obviously AC requires more power than a 780ti can provide.
    Answer to why has been given by Simon!

19. Babis

Babis Rookie

Ofcorse its the best looking sim by far. I didnt make a compare with also my fav race 07, Even at minimum AC looks better.

We are just chating to find out if we can find a solution to get more fps with the same settings, i am sure that developers knows more and for sure the game will run better over time.
    Yeap i agree first of all FFB and physics , but after all that we care about graphics to :) .
    Anyway :)

20. Babis

Babis Rookie

Ok then Thanks for the answer , so simple 780Ti isnt strong enough to handle the game maxed out.
    So obviously AC requires more power , so the problem is the power and not the optimization .
    Good to know that.
    Because now that i know that is not optimization problem and it is power problem.
    I will not wait for better optimize from developers or ATI and Nvidia Drivers.

But if we see in the future more fps, with the same hardware same options and same gpu load what this will mean ?
    That is an optimization problem ?
    Lets see then :)