1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ea, porsche and all the racing sims/games

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PAKFA, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Mods will come my friend, and for Ruf i think there will be plenty of models :D !

2. Porsche license won't be happening unless EA give up their exclusive license...

3. 3316V

3316V Alien

4. wedge_one

wedge_one Simracer

5. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

On the bright side lads, three news Rufs got announced, one with 800bhp

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Haakonen likes this.
  6. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

7. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

isn't Porsche oficially licensed in Real Racing3 ?? mobile game?

the deal seems to be only on PC

8. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Rr3 is ea.

Mogster likes this.
  9. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

yeah I realized that once I posted the comment :) but felt silly to take it back
    anyhow, with modding support I hardly see a big problem of not having officially licensed Porsches,

yes, official license can (sometimes) mean much more accurate data, but it's not always the case,
    some modder cars can match quality of officialy licenses content by Kunos, so why shouldn't Porsche mods do as well ?

Mogster likes this.
  10. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

well to be honest what kunos would do is get maybe four cars if the license so two race cars and two road cars, as porsche isnt italian they likely wouldnt ball out and get 10 cars like for lambo or ferrari. Even if EA wasnt in bed with them they would likely ask for a lot of money for a license.

11. I will post it here as it seems the most comprehensive thread about this matter:
    Porsche isn't really my cup of tea but even if I don't like it, almost everybody here 'round seems to have a freak for those german cars, so I became curious about this licensing thing. I understand that without proper license agreement isn't possible to "sell" modded content (they call it "commercial purpose") and this explains what's behind all the "darche" stuff down at URD...
    Anyway, I found on the web (and won't mention the url here) that there's a fully fledged site which sells (i.e. asks money for) a whole lineup of Porsche mods for Assetto Corsa.
    I wonder, how's that possible? They don't have a license for sure, so... are they really making this? I mean are they really modeling and making textures and physics and all stuff with an effort that can be wiped by a lawyer task force from Weissach? Are they really making all of this risking a boatload of money requests for trademark violations?
    They have a cool website, I have to admit, with lots of screens and closeups of fancy made textures and ultra detailed moving wings and stuff. To have access to all this (?) goodness it's mandatory to compile a form (with personal details and with desired cars from their roster) and THEN a "payment link" would be provided.
    All seems legit and professional and car lineup it's cool, if you like Porsches... but I can't stop thinking about this as another "grey" operation of ripping content from mainstream games.
    I'll leave here a screen of their site (without relevant details of course).

http://s27.postimg.org/49c0783ur/German_Cars.jpg

Last edited: Apr 7, 2015
  12. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

The offered content on this page is not legal, mostly ripped content from Forza or other games. it seems difficult to catch those people. Located in russia or other countries, almost not traceable. In the past, as i worked for Automaniax/Porsche, at this time allready such pages exist and Porsche lawyers tried to stop them, but it was very difficult. usually Porsche don´t know of the existance of such pages and if they have no own interest, like producing an own game like Automaniax did, they will do nothing about such pages. I don´t know how EA handles this, but i think it is more expensive to hunt these guy´s with lawyers than the damadge they create to their games...

This is why Porsche and other manufacturers did nothing against modders and other people, selling ripped content.

13. As our great friend aspec... who has a brand new site on which sells rips and states "all provided mods developed by our team. All you see on other sites - fake!" and takes care to warn his customers this way "please do not spread my mods publicly"...
    Closed the old one, opened the new in a matter of minutes...

Sent from my LG-D802 with Tapatalk 4

14. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

I don't see the point in using ripped content. Its usually of poor quality, with very bad physics. I downloaded a couple of things (without knowing they were ripped) then deleted them after trying them.

Mogster and Patrik Marek like this.
  15. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

and no surprise
    whole point of ripping content is to get new car fast, so why would the person bother with 3 weeks of finetuning physics, if he "finished" the model in a day

and selling ripped stuff for money ? .. well karma will take care of it eventually

Quffy and massimo0vacca like this.
  16. Using ripped content has a "sort of" meaning (but we can't underestimate legal aspects) if the ripper wanna have a car which he's not able to model and no one wants to model but works hard on other aspects (sound, textures, physics). That way the car would be a worthy replica, but this approach is more suitable for conversions. But since, as Patrik said, ripping is made to quickly have something then this work flow never happens and every single ripped car is poorly done.
    Leave alone the story of selling it...

17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

massimo: sometimes yes, but manytimes they hardly put any effort into it, they just make it out of available pieces - including sound + physics

if someone is really into sound or physics, he will try to find a modeller for his mod, so that he can release it oficially
    the only person I saw doing good job on mods but using illegal content is Malagoli

massimo0vacca likes this.
  18. Yeah I know what you mean. I agree with you. What I was trying to explain is that there could be a worthy ripped mod if the process of ripping would be made only to have access to the only missing part of the mod (the model) when all the rest is legit and well made. I for example know nothing of sound modding (I can learn it of course, given the proper amount of time needed). If no one wants to make a sound bank for me the only resort would be to rip the sound. It's just an example.
    And I suppose we're going off topic.

19. Quffy

Quffy Alien

In the case of this "modding team", they are selling you Forza content ripped over to AC. Models, physics, sounds imported from other games only make sense in those games, because the whole is like that. The forza models may look nice in forza, but putting them in the AC environment they look ugly.