1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ea, porsche and all the racing sims/games

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by PAKFA, Feb 9, 2015.

1. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

just because they don't have the skills, you can use the car and it can look even betteer then Kunos cars, but you would have to spend a week on it, and they don't care

massimo0vacca likes this.
  2. Also in the case of the brand new 911 gt3 RS (991) recently presented at Geneva Motor show this year I found the model the used. It's neither from Forza nor any other game, you can find it on the most known site and it's very highly detailed (exterior 200k polys, interior 300k polys). Seeing the shots on their site they spend good time on shaders and stuff, dunno about physics.

Sent from my LG-D802 with Tapatalk 4

3. Quffy

Quffy Alien

It could be a 3d model purchased from a webshop that creates and sells 3d models of cars, bikes, buildings etc. And they don't have the license to sell those models for commercial games. But those very high poly models are too high for AC, so they still need to be lowered.

4. I've seen models as high as 1 million polys working flawlessly in AC. In hotlapping mode. Racing with opponents and online it's a different story though.

5. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Whatever it is, Kunos nor the major AC community will accept ripped content from other games or content from other modders without permission. You are obviously free to get the non-legit mods and even pay for them. But at least now you know the reality between those mods and the ones where the project is shared in the AC forum, because is built from scratch. Sovers is also an AC modder, but he made legit cars, though he has his own website where shares his content.

6. Rodrigo Pires

Rodrigo Pires Simracer

Did they actually did something? i remember registering my email in a fancy website to get news, and nothing so far...

7. Just to say that I never bought illegal content, nor did I have any intention to start buying now. I'm active on this forum since very early days and I'm building my own scratch project (Ferrari F50) when my work gifts me some free time.

8. alex72

alex72 Alien

Its funny cause these EA games doesnt do their cars justice. Looks real, sounds similar and drives nothing like a Porsche. I guess it doesnt matter to them though. As long as the name is in a game the kids think its awesome - even if it drives like crap. They could have had their brand in proper sims and get more mature buzz around their cars...

There was a time when EA was seen as a good, high quality company. Too bad they went psycho on us.

jc1993 and F430_458_F12 like this.
  9. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Porsche can cancel their responsibilities right........................................................NOW :D

alex72 likes this.
  10. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

unless their contract says otherwise.

11. St3fan

St3fan Alien

I have NFSMW2010, Titanfall, and BF4 on my Origin and I hate all of them (OMG I bought them on release day). I'm not buying any more EA games. After reading this long post, I really hope they run bust and lose that Porsche license thing.

Also I think Panamera and Cayenne are ugly, but they're everywhere on the road. I also had quite a few unhappy incidents with Cayenne drivers who showed no respect to other drivers.

I used to dream about Porsche when I was playing the original NFSMW. Thing's changed.

12. Kevin Wolfe

Kevin Wolfe Racer

Doesn't being a cock come with the badge?
    it's like being blind is necessary to drive a Camry, being slow if you drive a Volvo, or being smug if you own a Prius.

St3fan likes this.
  13. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

BMW: Indicators? Never heard of those
    VW: Look neighbour, I bought a car with value
    Skoda: I buy VW tech for half the money
    Seat: I buy VW tech for half the money, and omg it looks so sporty!!!11
    Audi: You can't do 180kph while overtaking a lorry? Maybe pulling up to you bumper makes you faster.
    Lada: LOOK AT ME NOT CARING ABOUT BRANDS!!!!
    Dacia: Either it's cheap and I know nothing about cars or it's cheap and uses old trusty Renault parts
    Porsche 911: nononono, I'm not compensating for something else
    Porsche Cayenne: either my back won't allow a 911 or my husband bought me this
    Chevrolet (in Europe): I know nothing about cars or feel my inner American

All based on personal experience :p

kofotsjanne and St3fan like this.
  14. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

sigh, so now we're laughing at people driving different cars .. :-/

I personally like both Cayenne and Panamera, not the original version but after face-lift they are both good looking, and unlike stupid big SUV like Q7 or X5 (and I'm not even talking about rubbish US tanks like Cadillac Escalade) they drive shapr and are full of modern technology

you can find idiot in any car , I'm meeting most in Priuses these days, saving the world by going 20mph more then anyone else

15. Berry

Berry Alien

I agree, cars are not responsible for their stupid drivers, even though most stereotypes are true in some situations, it's not always the case.And, also, that's what haters come to when they see nicer cars than their own :D.
    I actually had a very nice chat with a 991 C2S driver a week ago, I was just walking by and stared a bit at his car, because I love 911's, he asked me if I like the car, and then it just went on and on.My point is, people are different, they will always choose a car based on subjective things, but people who really love cars will respect each and every one, and their proper owners as well :).

Patrik Marek likes this.
  16. F430_458_F12

F430_458_F12 Alien

Indicators are European for turn-signals :)

17. St3fan

St3fan Alien

That's true... That's why I hated the Cayenne drivers I mentioned. They drive much nicer and much more expensive cars than I do (although I truly feel Cayenne is ugly from the bottom of my heart, my Celica is cute and cool:D), and they are the typical rich and rude people.

I think their cars may feel sad being owned by them.

18. Berry

Berry Alien

Well, Cayenne's are made to be driven by rich people who want a proper well-made car, that's safe and offers a lot of space, that's why women love it as well, it's more of a symbol than a car.The bonus to that is that even the Cayenne's and Panamera's are still Porsches, and if you ask people how they drive compared to their competitors...yeah, they're much better, they have that sporting heritage hidden somewhere in them, it's not as relevant as in a GT3, but it's still there.
    Still, cars represent our personalities in the end, but you really can't always judge a book by its cover :p.

Patrik Marek likes this.
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

I know many friends with quite expensive cars and total idots with unsafe old scrap-yard rejected ones, .. so it's not as simple as money

MrPix likes this.
  20. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I bet that Porsche doesn't like this deal anymore. You can't really blame them for signing a contract with EA, because back then EA wasn't that awkward and after all Porsche Unleashed was a really good game. It even made a step into the simulation direction and since there wasn't much going on with regards to simracing back then (GPL mostly), you could even say that it was leading simracing. But ok, maybe that's too much. ;)
    First I thought and hoped that it was a 10 years contract, but since the situation hasn't changed (and it's approx. 15 years now), that doesn't seem to be the case. So my bet is, that it is a self-extending contract of some sorts. Maybe it extends if EA releases one game featuring a Porsche per year. Which would of course mean that we will never see the light...

I doubt, that the current situation is pleasing Porsche. Of course, they are featured in NFS games (if there are any) and those mobile racing games, but to my experience, this isn't good marketing after all. Why? Because it's too arcade.
    When I played NFS, it really didn't matter to me what car I was driving, because they all felt the same. Ok, the sounds were different and they looked a bit different, but apart from that, there was barely a difference. So where is the possibility to show that you are different from other car manufacturers? In those games, it isn't really possible to do that.

For example, I don't really like Ferrari. That's not necessarily because the cars are bad (they aren't), but mostly because the sort of person buying a Ferrari seems quite often arrogant and posing. Ok, you could say that for a lot of sports care makers, but in some way, they are different. In AC however, I sort of fell in love with the 458 (in the given variations). It's so wonderful to drive. So I'd recommend looking at it if you'd like to buy a supercar (including the fact, that the sim doesn't neccesarily represent the reality, but should be close ;)).

Apart from that, the only thing that bothers me at the moment is that the 918 is missing from AC. Otherwise we could just overcome that ridiculous Ferrari/McLaren power lap embargo on Top Gear and do the lap times ourselves. LaFerrari is there, the P1 is there, only the Spyder is missing. :(
    (Pretty sure somebody will release Dunsfold as a mod.)

Also, it's unfortunate, that the arcticle doesn't mention two other games that featured Porsche: GTR2 and GTL
    Both gained access to the models by the series licence, so I don't see why Project Cars wouldn't be able to do the same if they have the licence for the LeMans series?
    The steam versions don't feature Porsche and Ferrari, I know. Not sure what the problem is here, apparently some licence ran out?