1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ps4 version imminent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by JamesYZN, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liakjim

liakjim Alien

In my country, the costs are these :

1. PS4 : 350€
    2. PC (i3+8GB ram + 750ti + HDD + case ) = 500€

If i was someone that my needs would be to have a portable solution when not at home and my main rig, a PS4 would be an excellent choice.

2. michael_

michael_ Simracer

The total cost of ownership tends to be much higher on the consoles though because the fake discount on the retail price is pulled back by Sony (and MS on the xbone) by adding a license fee to the games - i.e console games are typically £10 more than the PC version (not counting steam sales et al)

Plus the experience sucks when so many games don't run at 1080p and 60fps and you can't upgrade or do anything about it.

I wouldn't buy either option in your post. I'd spend around £500-600 and get 8gb ram / i5 4690k and a GTX970. Not the least because this is the spec Oculus have suggested to devs to target for their VR headset.

Which is about the same amount of money I spent for the computer in my sig 8 years ago. Which is still playing games like this one today (albeit it's
    not great for this title, for most of the games I play - TF2 et al - it's great) - and, of course, you can use the PC for so much more (Although I guess a lot of people use smartphones for these kind of things now)

Pascalwb likes this.
  3. liakjim

liakjim Alien

4. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Right, you just carry a 50" HD TV and a 240v generator with you :D

William Sebastian likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

If you go away for a weekend and visit family/friends its easier to bring a PS4 than a PC. Same goes if you need to travel a lot in your work, hotels usually have a TV. :)

Octane likes this.
  6. michael_

michael_ Simracer

Well, no it's not. You're just clutching at straws. You can build a PC that's barely bigger than a ps4 and, if you have a car, it's really no easier to carry a PS4 in it than even a full tower PC.

Valve have more or less spent the last year developing this concept further with their 'steam box'

Let's not delude ourselves a PS4 is not "portable" is it? And it really has no advantages at all over a PC - because the PC is nearly infinitely more capable of being adapted to suit whatever purpose or choices you want to make - performance, size, shape, colour, blah, blah, blah.

All you get with a PS4 is everything that's bad about PC - "AMD hardware"

You can plug a PC into the TV too.

The only 2 things you can do with a PS4 that you can't do with a PC is (A) regret buying it and (B) throw it out the window to get rid of it (well, I suppose you could throw the PC out, but why would you?) :D

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
    Yellow888 and Fear like this.
  7. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Or if you have a steam box. But that will be from 2016 onwards, with steamos, steam controller, steam vive.

8. yusupov

yusupov Alien

im sure itll work on PC. from what we know about it tho i have no idea who with a wheel for PC will benefit from it though. seems like its made for the ps4.

9. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Even if you build a mitx system i bet it will weight more than a ps4 which can be difficult if you travel a lot (train, bus etc). Please dont make this a "pc master race hurr hurr". Even if I myself prefer PC gaming above console gaming you need to see that it can suit some peoples needs better than a PC. And its funny that u bringing up AMD hardware when u using a 6850 yourself.

I guess you can buy a laptop to play your games on if you travel but some people dont want to and prefer a PS4 and im pretty sure u couldnt get a laptop for that kind of money that u buy a ps4 for (that would play games in the same quality/framerate)..
    Do AC play with Linux? I dont know much about steam os but isnt it built out of that and the games that being played on it need to have linux support?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2015
  10. michael_

michael_ Simracer

It's not funny, it's necessary. If you say things are rubbish then you have to have experience of them. I speak from bitter experience.

As I say though you're clutching at straws. Now we're on a bus? It's going to be a bicycle next isn't it? :D

As you suggested, a laptop. Or hardware like this http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=5252#ov - as I said whatever you imagine a PC can't do - it can. It can do anything you want it to. It can be any size, shape, weight, colour or whatever you want it to be.

The only thing limiting the PC in terms of building one that you can carry using your pet camel to your grandmother's house is your imagination.

Not even Christopher Hitchens could win a "PS4 is better because..." debate.

Oh and steam boxes will run windows or steamOS (of course because they are PCs!), so it's moot whether AC runs on linux or not.

11. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

People doesnt only travel with cars if thats what you think, people can actually travel by bus. And you have been using your card for so long and have had issues with it, must suck even though u said yourself that it worked good:
    I know that u can put a 970 in a mitx pc, i dont know what u want to say with that? thought about the weight? the price of the total pc? I rather see a fairly cheap console dissapear when im out than a pc with more expensive parts in it.

Keep going with that pc master race bull**** back at reddit.

I havent followed the steam boxes. I thought they were all about steamOS.

12. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

I wish.... :D

But Laguna Seca is some 300 miles+ from LA, and would be a 5 hour drive. If that's what he was coming to Cali for, he'd fly to SFO, San Jose, or even Monterey itself.

13. kosh

kosh Racer

PS4 has a different Framework, it takes lots of recources to port games to playstations.
    The Xbox would be much easier, because it uses DirectX and a similar architecture.

Since Kunos' recources are very limited i dont think they can put so much effort into this.

14. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

And be sure we will hit the FORUM BAN button too ;)

15. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Is it not allowed to start a riot on the forum? :( I didnt see any rule against that when I signed up! :confused:

16. It's happening.
    [​IMG]

da1507, arthur666 and Fred Joseph like this.
  17. Fred Joseph

Fred Joseph I'm watching you ! Staff Member

Try me ;)

18. It was only a joke Mr geography man :eek::D

mangal likes this.
  19. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I will keep a safe distance if this will be announced. I dont want to get in the crossfire.

Fred Joseph likes this.
  20. Turk

Turk Alien

I just get my butler staff to carry my pc for me. They always complain that I should bring the headphones rather than the 5.1 surround speakers. That's when they get a paddling.