1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ps4 version imminent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by JamesYZN, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nao

Nao Alien

Yup Bold to enter console market, and i do feel like they will ride the wave together (AC will ride the wave of declining interest in pCats that could occur in the upcoming year that is :p hehe)

Anyways, I need to order a mountain of popcorn for all the boiling off that will start on the racing forums now. Especially for comments from non AC fanboys haha.

"Arcade game finally exposed, AC a console port!" hahaha
    <3 Kunos

Ace Pumpkin and TDS like this.
  2. Horus

Horus Alien

As all other thread even mentioning AC going to what some would call 'The darkside', I think it is worth reading this wonderful interview with Stefano. If you ever need to know a developer is more interested in the sim than his bank balance, then this says it all. HERE

Good luck Kunos, more money from sales to the console will equates to more of everything for us PC users and them, the console users.

3. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

Check the edit on my post. Now that I've read through the entire thread and seen that Kunos themselves will be handling the port to consoles I'm much more worried than before. Not that they'll "dumb down" the physics, but that the pace of development will slow. If Kunos was still working on pc only like they were and 505 or whoever it is was just taking that work and porting it to the consoles I'd be fine with it, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

At the moment the current pace of development seems slow, but they're obviously working hard behind the scenes if they have all those extra cars in game and claim to have all these other fixes ready, so who knows. I do know that I'll wait for 1.2 to actually come out before I get excited for anything this time. If they don't fix almost all of the bigger issues with the game (and most of the minor issues) before the console release it will absolutely flop. Until I know that 1.2 will fix a lot of the issues I personally feel are holding the game back too much right now I'll be pretty hesitant to pre-order any future dlcs as well.

nate likes this.
  4. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

..so, E3 is in less than two weeks, does this mean we're getting 1.2 and bonus pack in less than two weeks? I'd focus on that first..

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  5. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

THIS. All of it. Moddability and mod community put AC where it is. AC on consoles cannot do what AC on PC can do, ever. It will surely die quickly on consoles, but as long as it doesn't detract from the PC version, I say have at 'er. If it makes Kunos some extra money to continue working on PC, then I'm all for it.

6. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

Congratulations, Kunos.

This will bring in a revenue stream that not only secures your future for the coming years, but will ensure continuing development, growth of the team, and polish the PC version - while finally giving console users who love racing cars something better than Forza, GT or F1 20xx.

vladjak likes this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Im not trying to say that a PS4 is better than a PC - for me nor you. I just say that some people might think its better for them. I give up.
    [
    listen to me [REMOVED BY MOD]. I dont say that PC gaming is more expensive (in the lower end a console is better), hell, i even tell people to get a PC instead of a console. But you need to understand that some people just want it instead. Since in the lower end its...ehh what was it called? Yep, cheap compared to a PC even if you put it in a small box and call it bilbo baggins. I dont sit on the floor on a wheter people should pc nor a console, would love if those were more powerful than they are though. Read what I say ffs instead of changing it to other words.

most people on this forum is "pc master race" but youre so [REMOVED BY MOD] that you show it when it isnt needed. I dont want AC to come to PS4 but I can understand people who would buy it if it did.
    Wont answer more so no need to quote this

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2015
    WallyM likes this.
  8. DewCrew88

DewCrew88 Racer

9. beiacos_gr

beiacos_gr Simracer

ahaaa! :p :))

10. Guidofoc

Guidofoc Alien

I'm ok with AC on consoles, really. AC definitely is a valuable product. But as the game is developed "as one" for all platforms, this may shift the focus towards the "quick fun" side of the game (cool interface, rewarding career and single player) and away from the "fidelity" side (more simulated stuff like brake fade, fluids, wind, weather, night etc., advanced multiplayer/racing features). I think this is what a few people on this forum are worried about. I know, people on this forum are not normal people:p but if we spend lots of money on our rigs / lots of hours on this forum we expect the same kind of fidelity from the game, right? Good luck with this project guys!

11. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

You better stop it if you want to continue reading this thread. We do not have time for such immature behaviour. Behave or leave its simple.

Fear likes this.
  12. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

Please do not let this go too far. Ive removed some words which were inappropiate...

Thanks

kofotsjanne likes this.
  13. Kevin Knorpp

Kevin Knorpp Racer

Sorry didn't read entire thread but didn't pCars top some charts or at least sell well or toward the top of some charts because if so then that is a LOT of money because some video games take in as much money as movies do so that means ungodly amounts of cash no? How could KS resist that under any circumstances? It's just unrealistic to think they would give that up ; especially given that AC is fairly user friendly and thus I can see it being ported to console. All that is needed is a more robust career mode...

LeDude83 likes this.
  14. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

I highly overreacted yesterday, but my main worries still remain.

Has anyone confirmed if the servers will be the same for all platforms? I.e. will PS4 gamepadders play along PC wheelracers?

irfan.pratama and esox71 like this.
  15. Acuratl6spd

Acuratl6spd Gamer

They're definitely going to have to make a more in-depth career and improve AI drastically with this move, or AC won't do well on consoles. I hope that they know this, but knowing Kunos, I'm sure that they know what they need to do. This could be a great step for Kunos, they just need to prioritize and play their cards correctly.

Whitestar and LeDude83 like this.
  16. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, correct. It can step into the niche of that very special title that's a bit different from all the others but does one thing extraordinarily well (physics/handling/rumble feedback).
    It's BS when people say that consoleros don't appreciate sims. Nowadays daddies play on consoles when kids go to bed and I would have loved a title like AC back in the days on PS/PS2/XBox360. There really is no plausible reason why it shouldn't pick up, just nervous doomsayings based on gut feelings and stereotypes.
    IMO, the key here is to expand the reward system further. It doesn't seem too complicated to have a driving licence stage in the game. In GT, that always felt like a game itself to me. It also opens the opportunity to showcase the different car types to players that usually stick with one. They should just do the whole spectrum from acceleration and brake tests across track segments up to whole green hell laps. It's so rewarding to work your way up the licences.

As for content: It's enough with the tracks and cars announced. You can generate all sorts of events and careers with what we have now. I don't remember one game that's been bashed in reviews for lack of content...Metro comes to mind with just a handful of hours in the campain mode. And I don't remember a game being completely bashed due to graphics being slightly below state-of-the-art, either.

offcorsa, xystof and Whitestar like this.
  17. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

...well, look it like this. Imagine all this was happening 5-7 years ago, you'd have PC with good graphic/physic power on one side, and PS3/xBox360 on other side. Those two (three) platfoms differe a lot one from another, coding a multiplatform title was pain in the a** if you wanted for it to be good on all platforms.
    Today however is situation different, you have litteraly same hardware in consoles as on PC. You have a octa core x86 1.6GHz CPU and 7790/7870 on console side, wich is by far good thing.
    There was last year showcase of Turn10s' Forza 5 on PC running under DX12, it is in fact console game with PC executable running without a problem. I hope you know what this means?
    On the other hand, I see a lot of good things in all this. Kunos is known for their dedicated work, and till now, I don't see a reason why would the ly abandon their work. Most devs are looking to make this as proffesional sim as possible, and there is no reason why should't this game run just fine on consoles.
    Also, there are more funds for future development.
    And on our side, if they manage do combine players, we'll have more oponents.

I think this will all be good, game as AC needs to see more then PC. And console players need to get proper simulation. I likea lot GT series, but it laks a bit of that sim only...

We'll see... Cheers...

18. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Is brake temp still coming?

Leemstradamus likes this.
  19. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I've said it before and it looks like i will repeat myself.

As long as the physics don't change and as long as content creation doesn't slown down because of console development***, everyone should be okay with this. Look, the current ui is just a pain. Multiplayer definitely needs improvement and shadows/reflection could use some optimization. If the console revenue will help them achieve these, i'm all game dudes.

***I do not mean content equality across platforms. I mean this: "Guys, we're so busy with console development, we can't even create cars/tracks. Yeah, even the content team is coding now."

20. 6S.Manu

6S.Manu I'm Awesome! Staff Member KS Dev Team