1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ps4 version imminent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by JamesYZN, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makariel

Makariel Rookie

For me the clear highlight from the new trailer :)

nate and Quffy like this.
  2. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

I think it's fantastic news. Maybe they'll make me an offer to include Donington* in the console versions. :)

*licence available separately.

3. sirgaric

sirgaric Hardcore Simmer

Hardcore PC elitists can say what they want, but in two weekends, three guys that started with a PS3 game will participate in the real pinnacle of all motorsports events, and in the top category to boot :D

4. And those guys got there by wall riding in the game; what is your point?

5. Mogster

Mogster Alien

I'm not sure how I feel about this news really, I'm on the fence.

On the one hand if development is speeded up and more cash is available for licences then all's good. On the other hand I don't see how the same team can port to XBone and PS4 without delaying PC development. The console market has different expectations, AC isn't perfect right now but I like what we have currently and I'm concerned about a possible change in focus.

6. Quffy

Quffy Alien

Are you sure they don't have real life racing experience? Like in karts or other open wheelers? Because most if not all who go to GT Academy have racing background, and not just from video games.

Boris Lozac and Pascalwb like this.
  7. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

I still don's see the place for AC on consoles. Why would casual player choose AC instead of many console exclusives or pCars (with weather, day/night). Also even if Kunos love PC,are very enthusiastic and proud of their physics, there was never benefit from multi-platform games. I'm probably just sad, that they will focus on porting and not on features and polishing that are still missing. And yes it will bring money, but also takes focus on porting. I hope I'm wrong, I love AC, it's best sim for me right know, and I don't won't to see it end up bad.

Kunos did amazing job with small team, but now when some of them are porting it will be even more slow. And after console release there will be a lot of support needed. But well, I'm not game designer or studio owner, so I don't see into it. Hopefully Dream pack 2 won't be the last thing we will see.

But that F1 looked awesome.

8. 4yrton Senn4

4yrton Senn4 Simracer

I always thought the Online user interface looked a bit crude.

Interesting to see what they have come up with.

9. Pascalwb

Pascalwb Hardcore Simmer

I like current UI so I hope it won't be something like pCars cr*p UI with Icons big as your monitor.

10. Having D-pad support on my DFGT and not having to use a mouse when making a pit stop will be welcomed.

Dookie, garyjpaterson, Fear and 7 others like this.
  11. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

I find it a bold but interesting decision to complete with pCars on the console market. If it comes out as a win win situation all good on my side. And I do trust in Kunos. They led a very good EA campaign and held their promises so far.

12. endgame

endgame Racer

How about finishing the pc version first eh

13. esox71

esox71 Alien

Carefull you might get threatened with a ban!

14. endgame

endgame Racer

Has the climate changed here? Has Kunos gone all sms/wmd on us with the forum?

I havent posted much recently, losing interest to be honest.

15. Stereo

Stereo Alien

There's no change on Kunos's side, if the climate changed it's the users...

It wasn't exactly a secret that they wanted to put it on consoles. If people don't like that, well, good for them. No need to spread fud about what will happen to the PC version.

And maybe the reason nobody expects consoles to have 'sims' is cause they've been disappointed so many times... but if nobody builds a sim, it's hard to say that there's no market for it, or that 'all console users want is games'. Of course they're not going to decimate the Forza popularity. But for Kunos, 200k copies is a great success. They don't need to sell to everyone Forza does.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Dookie, Fear, burrito and 6 others like this.
  16. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

The only part that i find kinda annoying is the entire journey we already had, fixing glaring issues was something that not so long ago would happen on a regular basis, now things have changed, quite a bit, i would prefer a gazzilion times to have MP sorted and stuff like SLI exposure borked with last patches, fixed, then 10000 new cars.... it all seems to revolve around pictures of cars and whatnot... i respect all the choices they make, its their software, nevertheless I as a client feel a bit neglected with the lingering issues not beeing fixed for so long. I know, aparently multiplayer players are a minority and SLI users are irrelevant!

I read everything they post with curiosity and expectation, yet it really is a mistery for me that fixing blur for example is more important then for example, dunno, make the wheels of the car not be glued to the ground in multiplayer ? have proper result tables ? make cars not Warp 40 meters back and forward every now and then god knows why causing mayhem and making close racing totally a lottery?

What i read from this news is, nothing will happen regarding bugs before E3, we are focused on going there and showing AC to the world ( This is a very good thing done get me wrong), the rest can wait :) , yeah i know its not really what people like Aris or Luca would think but nevertheles it seems to be the practical result in short term.

Loads of positive stuff for sure will happen, but, slower and slower, adding more variables to the equation usually doesnt make them get solved faster, i can easily see that on PCars, not that i care much about it ....

Anyway, peace all and best of luck to all the good people on Kunos.

OliW, youwerelucky, Sandbox and 4 others like this.
  17. michael_

michael_ Simracer

I don't drive anywhere. I'm not suggesting people don't go by bus, just that someone was clutching at straws to suggest the PS4 is portable compared with a PC, and you're trying way too hard once again if you decide it's not taking the PS4 or PC in your car, it's getting them on the bus. You're not saying it with a straight face are you? :D

As for my card of course it's so old now because I pretty much play games that run well on old hardware. TF2, Borderlands 2 etc. These games run fine.

That doesn't alter the general issues that will make me avoid AMD hardware. Like, if I bought a new PC tomorrow, the current crop of AMD cards are ridiculously power hungry, their driver support sucks (especially for new titles, e.g Project cars type stuff today, Rage type stuff when that came out), the steamOS stuff performs terribly. Try playing TF2 using a 6850 on windows, 120 fps most of the time. Try on steamos with the same hardware and it's stuttering.

I did once have a progression of Nvidia cards TI4200/7600gt/8600gt/9600gt - I think the HD4850 was where I changed because nvidia had this dumb thing of having 26 gpus which were all effectively the 9800gt but all called something different and their power requirements were silly.

Since then it's swapped around. I stuck a gtx760 in my son's PC and it was just better. The software, the shadowplay stuff, the driver support.

It's like at one time I had an Athlon and then an AMD64 processor, but no one sane would buy an AMD processor today (and steam's hardware survey largely shows that)

Yeah we've already covered the price difference (and how that is largely a myth)

So now you are saying you should buy a PS4 because you're hoping to catch a bus and get mugged? :D
    The reason you give is that - well as far I can see you're saying you wouldn't really care if your PS4 disappeared. They are that good eh? :D "Please take it Mr...I've left my door open all week but the bloody thing is always here when I get back" :D

They're PCs in various shapes and sizes. They'll run whatever software a PC will run. Windows, linux, freebsd, whatever.

18. Nyowa225

Nyowa225 Hardcore Simmer

Seeing as this seems to be the only thread on this topic allowed to stay open for some reason, I guess I'll post my thoughts here.

This can be either good or bad, but without knowing all the details I'm worried and therefor default to expecting the latter. If Kunos has hired extra people to take on the console ports, while leaving the main PC dev team untouched so they can continue to develop the game, then things might work out OK. If some of the original team has been pulled away from their work on PC to work on consoles, then it will probably be bad.

I don't understand why people are saying it will "arcadize" the game, there's no reason for them to touch the underlying physics except maybe to tone it down a little only on consoles if they can't handle it. I don't own either a PS4 or and xbone so I have no idea how powerful they are, but consoles tend to be pretty far behind most gaming pcs. What I would be worried about as a pc player is that the pace of work on the pc version might get slowed down to allow them to work on the console versions.

Even then, I'm thinking they must have a huge update ready for the game that fixes almost all the issues it currently has, since releasing AC the way it is now, even with a ton more cars, would surely be an absolute disaster on any console.

EDIT #1 - Reading through this thread I just saw that Kunos itself will be handling the console port...

nate, Ethan Dean and Boris Lozac like this.
  19. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Check the patches for the last 5 months and remove content ( cars and tracks ), check how many features where improved apart from the flags ?

Its required in order to grow but to negate that it didnt or that it will not impact the PC Version ? Cmon ...

nate likes this.
  20. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

Pretty much. I'm not trying to whine that WE NEED MOAR FEATURES, and I know they're a small team, but I really don't see a console release going well with how AC is currently. Only some cars have working tail lights, you can't bind the D-pad in control options, and the celebrate/complain gestures are broken, among other such things. This is all super minor stuff, but it's still a jarring lack of polish. I also don't see the lack of night and weather going down well; all I have to say about that one is, look at the competition.

Superior physics will only get you so far when the rest of the game is, sorry, pretty much barren in comparison. However, I trust that Kunos know what they're doing with their baby, so hopefully they'll bring it together. As has been said, what we have here now is just a foundation - here's hoping that, with a console release on the horizon, Kunos are starting to lay the bricks and build the house on top of it.