1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Ps4 version imminent?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by JamesYZN, Jun 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SupermightyZ

SupermightyZ Racer

2. I could be wrong, but aren´t physics handled by the CPU and the graphics by the GPU? I know they are related, obviously, since they are both dependable on each other but I was led to believe that PC physics are more than possible on consoles due to this situation.

Also, DX12 will make the port to the Xbox One easy. If MS isn´t lying. Right Aristotelis?

3. Cefa

Cefa Hardcore Simmer

yes it is.

4. John514

John514 Hardcore Simmer

So, I spy with my little eye:
    Audi R8 LMS Ultra
    Lamborghini Countach
    Nissan GTR Nismo
    Scuderia Cameron Glickenhaus SCG 003
    Toyota GT86
    Ferrari F1 Car (dunno what year! :p )
    Audi Sport Quattro

Warlock and Turk like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

That's all I saw in the trailer, my eyes lit up when I saw cars not in the game.

I wonder would the Ferrari F1 be competitive with the Lotus T125 or would they be worlds apart?

6. John514

John514 Hardcore Simmer

I think the real F1 car will be much faster but I don`t know.

7. Ethan Dean

Ethan Dean Hardcore Simmer

8. Dennis S.

Dennis S. Racer

9. Bill Wiskins

Bill Wiskins Hardcore Simmer

This is a genuine question: for those claiming that there will be 'dumbing down', 'pandering' to the console market to the detriment of us PC users because that's what 'always happens' - care to provide a source? I might very well have missed or overlooked something but I can't think of any existing titles that were released as a 'proper' sim and then simplified to sell more units on another platform...

I can't see much of a downside to this - but when I saw the video pop up on my YouTube subscription list my first thought was "oh, the forum folks are not gonna like this...!" That was shortly followed (and over-ruled) by "mm, shiny new things". Congrats Kunos, wish you every success with it.

LeDude83, Sean and Vítor Sousa like this.
  10. Aristotelis

Aristotelis Will it drift? Staff Member KS Dev Team

Wait, are you actually suggesting that instead of asking money for a client job, we just asked for a license...?
    Can't be true, all we care is money.

Dookie, xystof, Fear and 24 others like this.
  11. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

Project Cars springs to mind.. , although you wouldnt of known that unless you was in the early development team

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  12. yusupov

yusupov Alien

project cars is a different case, from my understanding. its a much more complex tire model &, from what the backers say, it was actually simplified for dual-core PCs & not consoles.

either way its apples & oranges as AC is known for having a relatively simple tire model & pC for having a very complex one.

13. Ricky Reject

Ricky Reject Hardcore Simmer

Ok, now what the flying f**k?!?! I havent found any exact post stating my worst fears, but...is AC up for release on PS4?! Please say this is not so!!! Come on...and if it really is so; surely we wont be sharing servers? I have enough trouble finding a server without a dozen crashed cars a lap already...dont need arcaders to join in the mess that already is...

14. c172fccc

c172fccc Gamer

The only thing they changed for the console (that affects the physics) are the cars' default setup. Nothing was dumbed down per se.

15. burrito

burrito Alien

Congratulations to Kunos!

More sales across more platforms means more content for all of us :) I am a little worried about the release and the workload shift to consoles but think of it this way. A console racing game needs to have career and in depth story, a better UI and a more appealing method of introducing more players. The core game (the sim itself) is great but for me some of the more gamey features in the menu's and things are missing. I look at this as a way of kunos making AC finally play as well as it simulates :)

A big thanks. Although we (the community) may not say it but we really love this game, and I am sure I can speak for a few of us here and say, trust in kunos. The naysayers will move on, but we will stay :)

Dookie, Fear, Whitestar and 10 others like this.
  16. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Hmm, not sure what to make of this. I just hope it doesn't impact on the PC version in a negative way. I have seen it countless times before that a developer jumps to the consoles and after that the games are never the same again. I can think of very few examples where this isn't the case (maybe Rockstar - but even then PC didn't get Red Dead Redemption). I really hope i'm wrong on that however ive been burned too many times before by developers pretty much abandoning the PC platform so I approach any such news with "caution". I also fear slightly for Kunos themselves, didn't the (abandoned) 2005 release of GTR on the XBOX360 and then RACE Pro nearly bankrupt "SimBin" (or actually did partly bankrupt them)...?

If it can work out then great, i'd love to be proven wrong.

Darren Blythe likes this.
  17. ChrisR

ChrisR Alien

If you say so..

JamesYZN likes this.
  18. Dennis S.

Dennis S. Racer

When you say it like this, I have no idea what I was thinking when I wrote that :D:D:cool:
    Either way good luck with Assetto Corsa on whatever platform! You guys deserve all the success you obviously have with it.

PS.: I so cannot wait for SCG003C (and the street Glickenhaus cars ;))

19. Bill Wiskins

Bill Wiskins Hardcore Simmer

Fair point, and I wasn't involved in that at all - but did the console release have a direct impact on the quality of the PC version? Can it be said that the port to consoles was definitely the reason, or would it have ended up that way regardless? Again, honestly curious.

20. McNappa

McNappa Simracer

I see it only as a good thing.
    Take for example warframe by digital extremes, I have played that game since before the public beta. When they announced warframe will be coming to consoles everyone kicked up a stink saying pc would be neglected. Well same situation here with Kunos. Another dev is handling the console ports much the same as in warframe. Pc version still gets updated first. Since launch on console the game has come on leaps and bounds. It's more streamlined. Has a waaaaaay better UI and because they make more money now it's on consoles it just gets better and better.
    I think Kunos is definitely going in the right direction. With more money means more staff and possibly bigger license deals .Well done all at Kunos...kudos to you all :)

7he4Ce, Morten Nelson and g4b1bb097 like this.