1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Oh really? Open letter to the community, this time from a dev...?!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Aristotelis, Aug 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

The game is incomplete, so people spends time asking for features and options. This is why Stefano'streming episodes were loved by all, because we had opportunity to see some nice features in action and we felt listened by devs. So basically, if we will have a complete game we will starts more "driving threads".
    And changing some forum parts as suggested here will help too...

mrk1001, 7he4Ce, OliW and 4 others like this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

well, its completed with missing features ;)

Pumbaa666 and f_deutsch like this.
  3. I understand what Snoopy (and others) mean about the shadows, but I don't even notice those fuzzy edges when I am moving. It's only when I am stationary in the pits that they look a bit odd at times.

As for a lack of rewards in multiplayer racing, that is also true. Some kind of ranking system would be nice, together with a record of wins and podium positions (although I am only interested in these with relatively full grids). Nevertheless, public server races online are still immensely enjoyable when everything works. It's the wreckers and idiots that spoil that particular party, but it is not a universal issue.

snyperal, Jimmy2x2x and zaratul like this.
  4. plaid

plaid Alien

@Snoopy

I believe there is a list of things you can ask for in a sim and things you aren't allowed to do, at least not without people are free to belittle or insult you.
    I would rather purchase a arcade-game, there rules there are less restrictive.

Trees and 3D-spectators are two of these, btw, if they look like from over a decade ago, its totally fine, only thing important is shiny cars, even both don't fit well together. Thats my interpretation at least.

Jimmy2x2x likes this.
  5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Do you care to explain what kind of unlocks there should be or even why a podium would matter since you race different people all the time. What is the lowest number of other racers that would give you a podium?

There is steam achivements if you want it.

6. Ah, the sweet scent of sarcasm ;)

7. plaid

plaid Alien

What there should be? The respect some people expect other people to show towards the devs, towards everyone else.

I don't care about unlocks, a podium not necessarly either, but I would like to see SP-pits (that should be ok), but more pitstaff and 3d-spectators partly animated and a small intro and outro (depending on the results, rather then the podiums), showing the track and grid for a few seconds that you can skip (thats not allowed, even they created allready music and videos for the career, mind you) at least for SP. Undependent, what he wishes for I respect it without questinioning it, I expect the same from him.
    You know how the discussion went in the PCars-thread and I believe you would agree, that it wasn't necessary, right?

I don'T like unlocks cause they break the immersion if they show up (which is why I like more cosmetic features, cause they add immersion at least for me) but I could imagine for example, that this can be a feature being necessary for being more successful on consoles (maybe, I dunno) which I would benefit from, as technical optimisation cause hardwarelimits on them.

And it fits in this thread, cause the talk about missing features or flaws get a pretty harsh tone sometimes, while thats cause some provoke it, by belittling or insult people. MAybe the devs think similiar about some features, but they act respectful towards people wanting them.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  8. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

youre right.

9. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Just a thought. Record statistics for the number of wins, average qualifying position and the average finishing position. Let others see these stats when they mouse over a players name. That in itself will become a big motivating factor for most people. That is one big reason for the popularity of the RSR app for hotlapping, because it lets the users showcase what they achieve. The number of folks having RSR as their signatures shows that people love to record statistics and share/brag about it.

snyperal, Lazybug and Turk like this.
  10. Jaye

Jaye Alien

We got car mods ending in the game as official content, we got track mods ending in the game as official content. Why there shouldn't be a handful of the best apps (like RSR, Helicorsa, Spotter, ...) being part of a default installation of AC. It must not be called official content and sure there will be questions which need to be solved (e.g. updates), but why not?

11. Watoh

Watoh Gamer

(apologies, not read thread - surely this has been already suggested)

What this forum desperately needs in my opinion are sub sections dedicated to such threads.

Now all we have is chit chat. as everything else is either news, bugs or modding. Give us a place to concentrate such threads and they will appear! :)

12. Lazybug

Lazybug Simracer

To be honest i believe this .. since most aliens are into some virtual racing team so it doesnt make sense saying they willing to share their secret so that the other teams have a better chances to beat them.

Do you guys think Kunos will share their physics programming secret with Slightly Mad Studio or Codemaster or the other ways round ?? :D

By the way i like to take this opportunity to ask about the in game "Suspension" app .. This app still not showing the actual camber or toe value properly in replay mode .. is this going to be like this forever ??

Thanks first

13. I think the more likely scenario is that aliens use setups that feel like **** to the rest of us :D

Nao, TCLF and Jaye like this.
  14. Manorba

Manorba Gamer

uh shadows.... i forgot about these. yes they are a mess and totall distracting while you drive... i really hope kunos fixes them, but for the moment if you are on nvidia just use inspector and put AA and SGSAA to 4X. that cures it, although you need a fast gpu. my 660ti can't cope and i really hate those flickering shadows and armcos...

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  15. mangal

mangal Hardcore Simmer

<<sad face>> that you're all (many) talking wishlists and missing features in this thread, again. Back in Italy, a physics dev sheds a tear.

Y'all just can't help yourselves.

nate, Fat Rich, Ace Pumpkin and 10 others like this.
  16. Tberg

Tberg Alien

Sad but truer

17. dauntless

dauntless Alien

Well I bought ac for online racing sim. I waited until the online feature was available because without the game would have been useless for me. It never said anywhere on the steam page that "ac is intended for purely offline driving.. alone". If that is still your vision for ac then surely you have failed spectacularly to get that message across! I think it is kinda sad to think ac just as driving sim. It is like a racing sim with the best part taken out. I don't see any reason to even think about making pure driving games nowadays unless you make it a special niche type of game. Like that 4x4 offroad driving game or bus or truck driving game.

When I started simming I mainly played offline because back then all we had was modems. Online gaming was not only difficult but expensive. So naturally most of the stuff I did was to race against the ai or later downloading modded cars and tracks and then do short races against the ai. Or just hotlap. Get my gplrank to negative. Then with lfs I finally started playing online. And despite offline racing can do something for me... most of the time I prefer online racing against real opponents. I don't really get much enjoyment anymore from "just driving around". I did my time hotlapping in gpl and even back then it was the best thing I had. Not because it was the best thing but because the best thing - online racing - was not a possibility.

I'd really hope kunos puts more effort into the mp side of things. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say that simply driving is not enough anymore. If you feel pure driving in ac is undervalued or something then maybe you should have never added ai or mp at all in the game? At least in that situation it would have made more sense to read this rebuke post about how the players use this sim. Even as a car modder I'd much rather race my cars than to just driven them.

Maybe there would be a discussion about the long race distances and the c9 if the game supported doing distance races properly. Or maybe there was setup discussions if there was a setup sub forum where we could discuss about that in organized manner. If skinning deserves its own sub forum then surely setups too? I'm glad the skinning and car model forums were finally separated into 2. Did it add clutter? No. As long as the sub forum has a purpose it will have people posting.

As a one random player of ac I can't help but feel this some kind of reluctance/resistance from kunos all the time. This is not that kind of game. This is not that kind of forum. You should not be racing, just focus on driving. Mp was not planned, this or that was not planned. You should discuss about this and not this. Reading the post just made me feel there is a right and wrong way to use this game and using it for racing is the wrong way.

It is kinda strange how almost every decision about the game development seems to be about adding things that are most wanted and can be added quickly (popular&easy content) but as soon as the community asks something outside of easy&fast there is this hesitation. And instead of answering no we get the "this is not that kind of game". It is kind of strange answer because I'm pretty sure even the devs themselves don't know what kind of game ac is. The lack of roadmap and long term goals does in a way prove that imho but surely if you keep saying "not that kind of game" then you should know what kind of game it is.

I've always said that if you build a game based on purely statistics and only focus on adding features which see the most use then the first thing you add is more intro videos and the first thing to remove from the game is the options menu. Coincidentally that is what seems to be happening on consoles... anyways... While the difference between a racing sim and driving sim can be seen as semantics I think there is still a definitive difference. I don't think people want driving game. I think people want racing game. The fact alone that people talk so much about racing and the missing features that would make racing better and possible surely should highlight that fact? I don't think that the want for better racing environment in ac will go away just by trying to tell people that's not how to play their game or that's not how to use the forums...

18. Octane

Octane Simracer

I have to agree with what you have said here. The biggest header at the the top of the page says "Assetto Corsa support forum" and I have read before that this is a support forum in response to a question(s). Then I look at the forum sections and there are seven sections dedicated to bugs alone and seven for modding with the lonely Chit Chat Room for everything else.

At the risk of offending someone involved in this great driving simulator I'll state that this still looks like an Alpha/Beta reporting forum for a game that's getting ready to go to market. Be willing to take a step back and take a look at the main forum page. It all gives the appearance of "bug squashing". I've done beta testing for MMO expansions (with NDA's) and that's what it reminds me of. It's just not conducive to the types of threads that ask for or explain setups, driving lines, braking points, etc...

I asked a question in the Chit Chat Room recently and got great responses, but I felt guilty and worried if I was overstepping my boundaries. I felt a need to preface my question by showing I had searched everywhere and I didn't have a clue as to where to find an answer. Nonetheless, my question was answered politely and was extremely informative.

This is far and away, hands down, my favorite driving simulator (game*) so please don't take any of this as an insult, please. Hopefully it gives you insight from my perspective. Headers with sub sections for the different aspects such as Setups, Driving Techniques, Circuits, and any number of other aspects at the top of the main forum page would be welcomed in my opinion.

Keep up the great work Kunos! I'm on your side.

PuffTheMagicBelgian likes this.
  19. TCLF

TCLF Alien

Take the league threads as an example. Before all those threads were thrown in the chit chat section. That caused only a few league threads on this forum which all were washed away by all the other threads that were created in the chit chat section. now there is a sub forum for that and boom, 3 pages of league threads with the most active ones on top. That's why I think it's usefull

20. kevin.maatman

kevin.maatman Staff Member KS Dev Team

League threads is one thing, and discussion threads is another thing.

This is an Official support forum to ask for help about the game so the devs/users can respond, people should appreciate we have a chit chat room section where even if not following the rules stated they post whatever they want.

Simple as that.

The more people get the more they want and I really dislike that as for why I'm totally against that idea.

If they do not even follow the rules of the Chit Chat room what guarantees us that they will in the rest of subforums? One subforum with lots of pointless offtopic threads is enough, this is a game support forum and not a forum community to discuss about any random stuff. There are team forums and other forums for that.