1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Non dlc players playing with dlc players?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Jynnantonix, Oct 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Turk

Turk Alien

There's this concept that most businesses use called capitalism. Basically you try to make profit through trade. While making people happy is always nice, the bottom line is you have to make a profit or nobody's happy.

2. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

While this is absolutely true, I wouldn't say that Kunos does obey capitalism more than absolutely necessary. We would see much more arcadish stuff, fancy things and less realism and detail. And btw. not a sim :D

In the contrary, they life their dream (as simracers, not financees).
    But the abstract concept of resources does apply to both. In order to maximise profit or doing the "perfect sim" you have to manage resources and decide very similar.

Glaurung and SpriGgy like this.
  3. SpriGgy

SpriGgy Racer

ANd where do you get your expertice that this is the best business model? We brought up enough reason for it to backfire. So this doesnt even account as an argument against it as we use it also.
    All we know is that this will screw up MP more and more, and this cant be good for business. When i have the DLC i still want to be able to drive and play with everyone and not only against DLC owners and other DLC Cars.
    Forcing people to buy may work for one half but the other half wont like it.

Also we get more and more road Cars and still have only one Road Track. Doesnt make much sense as well.

ears1991 likes this.
  4. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

The community fragments itself in many other ways. You don't need to look beyond this forum alone to see that.

Fun fact:
    I recently had a conversation with someone who paid $15 for two mod cars, which turned out to be illegal rips. Go figure.

Sleeper Service and Minolin like this.
  5. Turk

Turk Alien

Probably through education and real world experience.

6. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Irrelevant.

ears1991 likes this.
  7. Minolin

Minolin Staff Member KS Dev Team

I didn't say this is the best. (important!) All I tried is to bring a new view to an discussion. To be precise: I would never claim to judge if this is best or not from the outside. Your turn.

8. So the very second post in this thread was this:
    and yet 14 pages later there are still three people that are like
    [​IMG]

9. Fortunately, we are almost at the end, Michael ;)

Sleeper Service likes this.
  10. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

So if we make a couple more spam posts the thread gets closed?

11. baboon

baboon Alien

Still 1.5 pages left.

12. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Could be earlier since Stafano took over some Forum work.

Where is Kevin btw? Vacation?

13. The top of page 15, and then we're done :) Of course, "non DLC players playing with dlc players 2 - The Sequel" will make an appearance shortly after that, followed by one or two permabans ;)

14. Vítor Sousa

Vítor Sousa Alien

This community is so stupid...

Rui Santos likes this.
  15. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

Don't read threads you're not iterested in. Just a tip.

CheeseDanish and Vítor Sousa like this.
  16. Don't you find hilarious that a guy that can't even be bothered to shell out 8$ for what people have being working their asses off for 2 months is expecting to give marketing lessons and dictate what the software should do?
    I guess nobody is going to miss him.. I won't for sure.

This forum is an important communication channel between devs and users. In order to remain open, the separation between the 2 roles has to remain clear. Otherwise the only result would be devs leaving this place be, and you'll all be talking by yourself if that happens.

Users bringing negativity and disrespecting devs will be immediately banned without warning.
    Plenty of places on the internet where you'll be able to **** on us freely, but you won't be doing on a website paid by us.

Suggestions and alternative views are welcome as long they don't become stalking and obsessive behavior and don't cross the boundaries between devs and users.

We've been shown time and time again that we like to hear from you and care about what you suggest.. the 1.3 feature list should be a testament to that, many things that have always been regarded as "no plans" did actually make into 1.3 .. and so it will continue happening as long us, as devs, remain in love with our job. Think about 64bit, server messages just to name 2 features that were NEVER on our radars.

Having to face constant negativity and confrontational attitude in these forums has the only result to make us want to think "oh just go to hell, I'll go to the pool".. and I really don't want that to happen.

Nobody wants to take your freedom of expressing yourselves away.. but never forget this is a place where you DIRECTLY interact with the very people that put in 12+ hours a day in this project and really.... really... really.. you might never step outside the lines with these ppl, remember that, remind yourself to use extra education and extra care every time you interact and name one of the devs and things will be fine... otherwise, you're just not welcome here.

Having Assetto Corsa doesn't grant you the right to be a part of this community.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
    Easy, Dennis S., witoldinho and 20 others like this.
  17. nonnex

nonnex Alien

Well that could be a good example to explain the meaning of irony.
    ;)

18. Sakai

Sakai Simracer

I'm sorry but are you for real? Are you a kid posting on reddit for shts and giggles, or are you a grown up man, part of a professional dev team that sells their game to hundreds of thousands of people? Have some respect for god's sake.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  19. poet

poet Hardcore Simmer

"Shell"

20. fixed :)

21. bigbawmcgraw

bigbawmcgraw Alien

If we're being pernickety it's actually "shell out"

.... I'll get my coat