1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's play Game Designer

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by stefanoCasillo, Apr 2, 2016.

?

If YOU were the AC Lead Designer, what would be your #1 priority for next update?

Poll closed Apr 9, 2016.
  1. Brake temp simulation

846 vote(s)
    17.7%
  2. VR support

1,195 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Steer ratio/brake pressure setup adjustments

236 vote(s)
    4.9%
  4. False starts/Engine stall

932 vote(s)
    19.5%
  5. Custom championships

368 vote(s)
    7.7%
  6. Possibility to change skin in "Pickup Mode"

124 vote(s)
    2.6%
  7. Sparks/Flashing lights

205 vote(s)
    4.3%
  8. Improved water/radiators interaction and simulation

221 vote(s)
    4.6%
  9. Time based races

217 vote(s)
    4.5%
  10. Pit stop strategy

457 vote(s)
    9.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lino Carreira

Lino Carreira Hardcore Simmer

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.
  2. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Is there a Jumpstart-MAFIA, or a Braketemp-MAFIA too?
    Learn to live with vote-results, learn to live with reality!

3. LeeTBTS

LeeTBTS Gamer

I'm not sure, you'll have to ask Stefano himself, as he penned the "vr mafia", no doubt because he could see the effects of a popular reddit post asking people to sign up -just- to vote for vr.

Not assetto owners, not sim racers, just members of a vr subreddit.

I say again, these aren't the voices that should be listened to, to alter the development path of assetto corsa.

If an arcade racers sub pointed it's users to post on our forum to ask for rockets shooting from the cars and that view sees popular, are kunos forced to implement it because it's 'reality'?

No, of course not.

I'm sure Stefano can alread see who has voted with at least a slight post history before the post on the sub was created.

4. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Try to sleep, for god sake.

5. LeeTBTS

LeeTBTS Gamer

Why would I do that, I've just woken up?

It seems like you don't have a reasonable response to my statement, I think I may not be the one requiring sleep.

nate and sacredaardvark like this.
  6. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Okay, then try to sleep longer! :D;)

Seria17hri11er likes this.
  7. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Nobody cares of your statement here.
    It's been almost a month of complaining and this survey is a Kunos initiative and they are free to follow the results or not. All your speculations are just boring, pointless and childish.

Go to reddit and insults all.

8. ears1991

ears1991 Alien

link to this post?

I was the one who posted a link to the poll on both oculus and vive subreddits, but there was no stipulation to sign up to vote for VR if you didnt own the game or have any intention of buying it. Many of them will have already bought AC back when it advertised "Partial VR Support" on the steam page and the official website, and had since uninsulated the game and felt like they wasted their money. Why shouldnt they have the right to be made aware that they can have their say in what should be looked at for the next AC update?

so, the /r/oculus post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comments/4d0y6g/assetto_corsa_official_poll_on_most_wanted/

46 upvotes, 10 people upvoted a comment saying they signed up just to vote for VR. that alone does not tell you if those particular ones already owned AC or not.

/r/vive post:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4d0y56/assetto_corsa_official_poll_on_most_wanted/

42 upvotes, 3rd highest comment saying "If you do not intent to buy the game even with vr support please don't vote."

so from the upvotes on the posts we could guess that around 100 people between those 2 communities probably came over and voted for VR, and have no way of knowing how many of them already owned AC, but for sure there are a lot, there was so much love for AC in the oculus subreddit back in the day. There were also quite a few posts throughout this thread from people who said they signed up specifically to vote for VR where we could see their valid AC license. VR mainted its lead of the poll even after they posted the poll on facebook to an even broader audience than just this forum and reddit VR enthusiasts.

and there is clearly a lot of enthusiasm for AC + VR, including those who dont yet own it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4fb1ka/assetto_corsa_devs_have_a_vive/

i posted this info a week ago, 175 upvotes. clinging onto the "mafia" thing is beyond desperate, there was some horrible behaviour from a few bad eggs interacting with stefano on twitter, but that is not representative of 99.9% of the other VR enthusiasts.

most importantly, there was no "asking people to sign up -just- to vote for vr." post, except this one posted on the assettocorsa subreddit which got zero upvotes... and look at the top comment.... hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.reddit.com/r/assettocor...ted_future_features_vote_vr_support/?sort=top

so IMO posting s**t like you are is worse than any vr mafia.

seriously just get over it, stefano has already spent a few days on vr support and got it working, which is already enough to massively please a lot of people, just to be able to experience this awesome game in VR again, even with the basic/limited support.

there was no "forcing kunos" to do anything, did you even read the first post of this thread???

o_O

ears, Bazdc2, Seria17hri11er and 7 others like this.
  9. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I have been a member here since Feb 2015 and mainly bought it for the VR implimentaion (and I like race sims).

I guess some people 'may' have joined with the sole intention to vote for VR and will never been seen again.
    But what is interesting is that when I voted near to the start of the poll, VR was on about 34% and then as time went on it dropped down to around 24% and went back up slightly.
    So, ask yourself how did this happen? did people join/vote with the sole intention of knocking VR down the list?

Also, it would be interesting to hear what the comments and reactions would be if AC were to drop support for triple monitors and then added that to the poll (food for thought).

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
    ZethGAF likes this.
  10. sacredaardvark

sacredaardvark Hardcore Simmer

11. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Yes, those of us that have been following VR closely for years are well past the point where we understand that widespread VR adoption will take far longer than we thought a year or two ago but, it's far from being "fail" worthy IMO. Oculus has tripped over their own feet in multiple ways since the CV1 launch but, given their lack of experience and expertise in hardware distribution, it shouldn't come as a surprise - especially considering that it's a totally new product in a niche market with a high cost.o_O

I agree that the projections for VR were totally overblown but, perhaps by design. Such projections likely spurred greater development, investment and interest in VR early on that are needed for VR to reach a point of growth and success (critical mass, not there yet) where it can grow on it's own, fueled by increasing high demand. Tempered and more realistic projections coming now simply shows that the atmosphere around VR is beginning to stabilize. This is very likely a natural part of the process with such an ambitious project, as are the anti-VR sentiments being expressed in various forums. Such views are a natural response to some very intense support being expressed in favor of VR from enthusiasts that are very excited for the new tech (for good reason IMO;)).

The fact is, VR needs support in many ways to be successful; one of those includes titles with actual VR support - something that is severely lacking right now. Of course, there are plenty of nay-Sayers as always, eager to pull the rug out from under the VR movement so they can watch the crash and then yell from the rooftops that they were right all along. It's very predictable human nature, after all.:eek:

In time, more and more people will experience VR and become believers. Right now, it's very early days and VR is too far out of reach for so many but, it's also beneficial for more of them to understand that having a certain amount of faith and openness is one of the necessary ingredients for having amazing experiences in life. VR can be one of those experiences and to think that we are capable of having it while Sim-racing in the comfort of our own home is totally amazing to me. It's also the reason that some of the anti-VR views seem so absurdly wrong to some of us. True Understanding comes from experience, not from simply thinking about the experience. IF and When people understand that, they will begin to get it.:)

12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

watching these vids makes me confused, How the F did the VR Dev community think these style games were going to fly and for 10-30$ a pop....WOW am i glad i never jumped on the band wagon upon release. (Not that i play much of anything else on my PC aside from AC and Dirt) but never the less these small VR games look like really Boring AS* SHI* to be bluntly honest.

13. The playerbase isn't actualy that bad for a highpriced enthusiast product. If you look at Audioshield which is initialy a Vive only game you see that it has according to steamdb around 28.000 +-4000 owners. It was the top 74 selling game at one time according to a the vive subreddit. https://np.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4g20g4/audioshield_is_currently_the_74th_best_selling/
    And it is even now in the top 100 topselling games.
    So we have around 28k Vive users after a month.

JO_DA_W.E.I.R.D. and ears1991 like this.
  14. M346ZCP

M346ZCP Simracer

Not saying VR shouldnt be implemented. I just think that there are more important things that should come first to make this game actually complete.

15. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

Wow. I watched that entire video. Every single "game" looked pathetic!! I can't believe someone would actually pay money for those games. Seriously. Just knowing that I would have to hold onto those dumb controllers at all times and have to be standing for the majority of the games shown would keep me from buying one of those headsets right now. Fortunately, I'm not interested in VR right now anyway. It will be super cool some day. Today is not that day. As far as VR in Assetto Corsa goes, I'm sure it will be a very cool experience for most people who use it. I mean, VR implementation is a very basic execution in Assetto Corsa - the game works the same way it does without VR - you just get to look around at any angle you prefer. You don't have to walk around and climb into your car or reach for a VR shifter... I guess for some people that's worth the price of the equipment.

16. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

Yeah, all VR haters out there, lets band together!
    Perhaps we can stop the evolution!
    We don't want evolution!
    We don't want new things.
    We don't want to give new technologies a chance!

We want to play Tamagotchi on monochrome displays in 2D with 8bit-sound!!!

17. pika4u

pika4u Hardcore Simmer

Ah ah ah! It's a joke? We got to post every video where people enjoying playing games like never before thanks to VR?
    You guys are so ridiculous… VR will spread waaay more than 4k in no time.

But you haters can still play 2D. Nobody will miss you, i guess...

18. ALB123

ALB123 Alien

I'm not interested in VR at this point in time. However, when the polls were open in this thread I voted for "VR Support". I think adding VR support to AC will be good for the game - bringing in some new sales which is important for the longevity of the game that I love. Just because I'm not interested in it doesn't mean I'm so selfish that I would put my own desires before the things that I personally think will help Assetto Corsa in the long run.

19. Andrex

Andrex Gamer

I know now many people who tried the VR out and got after 10 Minutes playing sick, always people with PC Gaming experience.
    Before I buy one I would try it out first

20. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Isn't it a matter of habit?

pika4u likes this.