1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the twitter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MrDoedel, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    • No need to make dramas
    Slowly we're all being kicked out of the forums, only the fanboys cant see this. First went the modders, now the facebook thread is getting shut. Order of the day: Make room for the console kids...

AccAkut, nate and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  1. Warlock

Warlock Hardcore Simmer

I feel with you, sadly some of the people waren't nice, and that happens.

Regarding controllers, for a sim, wheel will always be a true input device, I did a lot of AC playing with DS4 controller, yet, whenever I really wanna play, I switch to my either DFGT or G29. There is no better controller than wheel.

Cheers...

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  2. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

Sadly I have to agree partly, hardly any reason to come here anymore. If they want a support forum only, they need to say it and make things clear. I think a simulation needs a room where people can "chat", sometimes on topic, sometimes off.
    Well, we still have RD.com, but that doesn´t reach the atmosphere we had here some time ago. And I don´t know many people there, would mean a total restart, I´m not sure if my racing sim interest can cover that (close to 900h in AC and counting, but still).

A clear statement would be nice.

mxu79, grandepunto, Lawndart and 7 others like this.
  3. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Couldn't have said it better.

Lawndart likes this.
  4. Mike1304

Mike1304 Alien

I liked the Facebook-thread (no matter if it was off-topic sometimes, okay most of the time). I think the renaming of the thread-title (and the following discussion) sealed its fate...

grandepunto, Lawndart, xedrox and 2 others like this.
  5. Open a Interact thread then, though this thread was kinda dead already

Sent using Tapatalk

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

But calling it for the most participants seemed right!

7. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Same here, it was my go-to thread to find out general AC news and witty banter and I quite enjoyed it even if we did stray off-topic occasionally (which wasn't hurting anyone). Now I have no place to go to scratch that itch, not sure why Kunos thinks witty banter about AC (or things loosely related to AC) is such an evil thing. I thought about creating a "AC General Discussion" thread where we could discuss all random topics, but I presume it would get shut down and I may receive a warning/ban.

I also agree that the petty re-naming of the thread didn't do it any good.

mxu79, Lawndart, Mike1304 and 3 others like this.
  8. TheBestBeast

TheBestBeast Simracer

I like to invest my money in other things because I don't feel a need for the wheel :)

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. dermonty

dermonty Hardcore Simmer

Would be nice to have thread like this pinned on the top of the chit chat forum.

10. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

What? THE thread is gone? Well I dont see the console-conspiracy but this forum sure got very uninteresting lately.

R3V3NG3 BR, Lawndart, xedrox and 2 others like this.
  11. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Yep, apart from Apps and screenshots subforums, there's pretty much no reason to visit the forum..

Lawndart and nate like this.
  12. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well,knowing what you mean.
    But nothing to get the AC community back here!

13. AC Support

AC Support Official Support Staff Member KS Dev Team

There's no the same atmosphere like time ago for two reasons:

- Ten times the number of registered users (not the main problem)
    - Toxic behaviour by users that like to make dramas (warnings delivered)

Of course AC is a huge community nowadays, it's impossible to compare the same atmosphere of when we were only 20k users.

14. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

EDIT BY MODERATOR:

Remember, the community is made by YOU. If we continue here to spit each other in the face, is't obvious that the topics and thread get removed and the atmosphere becomes toxic.

Let's try to start from scratch. If something is not right, use the report function and leave personal wars against other users out of the forum. This message is for everyone.

15. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Well said, mister! No pun either way!

16. esox71

esox71 Alien

17. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Except the Facebook thread hadn't really been toxic the last few weeks, it was good jovial banter between AC enthusiasts. Sure, it wandered off-topic regularly but that led to some other fun discussions that some of us quite enjoyed. Oh well.

Fear, Lawndart, ZethGAF and 3 others like this.
  18. AccAkut

AccAkut Alien

Do you have numbers about the daily post numbers? I feel like the overall daily post number is fraction of what we had before the modding subforum ban.

nate and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  19. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

This is what I mean...
    Conquer those ****ers!