1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

From the twitter

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MrDoedel, Oct 12, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You mean...I can kill you all now! ****ers!.

2. Seanspeed

Seanspeed Hardcore Simmer

Yep, I agree.

If there's the odd trouble-maker, that's what the job of a moderator is for. Handle it and let everybody else keep enjoying themselves.

Why ruin things for everybody just because of a few? It's like taking multiplayer out of AC because some races have crashers in them.

TTM, liakjim, AccAkut and 3 others like this.
  3. Luca, what could be more toxic than developers that pay more attention to jerks (and trolls) like PRC than to modders that create fine legal free content?

AccAkut and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  4. BrandonW77

BrandonW77 Alien

Let's stop before this thread gets locked too, it's our last bastion of fun.

nate likes this.
  5. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

One kendo, trying with a well balanced wood sword... Hey, I got beaten to the core!!!

6. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

Maybe just create a "talk about everything here" thread, pin it, write a nice opening post with some basic rules. There would be a place to just chit chat instead of spamming all over the forums in every thread. I know it's not a magic cure but you could be less strict for OT posts (lol all of them would be on topic in an off topic thread) in that "talk about everything thread here" and more strict for OT posts in all other threads.
    That way finally FB thread wouldn't be a thread about everything (yeah right)...;)
    @AC Support
    support

Christopher Low and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  7. Jim Layhee

Jim Layhee Simracer

My two penneth ,

This place is probably the least toxic game forum I've even known and by a large margin! The disagreements have been generally relatively well tempered with almost no racism or xenophobia. Unless there has been a handful of spiteful forummers spamming the devs with over hyped complaints I really struggle to what the problem is.

The occasional mass spat like the VR voting is bound to happen occasionally and is astoundingly rare for a game forum.

The FB thread was never entirely on topic and as it ended up being the de facto AC chat about stuff thread why not leave it as that ?

So is it time for us to move entirely over to RD and leave the devs to build their game in peace and quiet they seemingly crave ?

I hope not but I'll respect their wishes.

8. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

Surprised it got locked. It was just friendly chit chat 99% of the time... A random chit chat thread needed.

R3V3NG3 BR and Lawndart like this.
  9. esox71

esox71 Alien

Maybe full-time lawyer part-time sim racer came in for some help and got absolutely slated for it and threatened legal action.

10. Horst1

Horst1 Simracer

I also think that the most toxic days are long gone, propably since Stefano's streams. Such a big forum in the simracing world ... it would be cool if they dont trim it down to really be only a support forum. Closing the modding section for sure took away a great chunk of this forum's charme. Oh man, why did they do it again?

11. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I'd also like to have a clarification in terms of "off-topic" for real-life motorsports-related posts and threads (like my onboard video thread and threads about racing series like WEC, Blancpain GT and SuperGT). I thought it would be good to get the community to engage and talk about those in the environment of this forum, as they're clearly related to the content of the racing simulation, but I'm not sure if that's actually welcome.

I get the amount of work this forum is for such a small team, Kunos, but still... just be wary not to kill off your own community. Don't pull the same thing as Bioware and others before them. Whatever they might say but in all reality social media doesn't replace a good old forum platform. =\

12. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Well I understand the devs especially moderators.
    Luka has not only to make audio for game, but also provide support and moderate a huge forum.
    I was a moderator once for a tiny forum and I know how hard it can be.
    Small company, many tasks.
    It's ok.
    On the other hand, a free chat thread is needed for sure .
    People don't have always facebook, Twitter etc or just want to share the hype .
    It's good for the game, it brings sales and attention.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

IMO huge amount of posts was exactly the problem. You couldn't count it, but what really decreased is amount of exciting and interesting posting, from core community members.
    I guess, Kunos prefered less weight and responsibility on their shoulders caused by hyper active community, especially demanding modders. It had negative effects. For example posting became more vain.

We still have General modding support forum, and RD for shameless showcasing our eternal WIP's :D

But really what happened, I think, Stefano got mad that nobody mods 250GTO for him :D Maybe thats the main reason why AC supports car modding lol

[RRRV] JuggernAlz likes this.
  14. Mr.Mugel

Mr.Mugel Alien

That is true of course, about the number of users in total, question would be the number of active users.

It´s your forum, so totally your decision.

15. pmc

pmc Hardcore Simmer

Most likely facebook thread wouldn't have been shut if Michael hadn't acted like a spoilt brat throwing his dummy out the pram.

16. Brownninja97

Brownninja97 Alien

DaveS78 likes this.
  17. So it is my fault that guys like you can't stay on topic for more than two posts? Sounds legit.

Tiago Lima and murderous972 like this.
  18. norbs

norbs Alien

In 2016 I can't believe there are people that expect threads to stay strictly on topic.

Just like real life, conversations meander all over the place. I understand the personal attacks being a no no, but jesus, a strict adherence to a thread topic is ridiculous.

Jim Layhee, Fear, Ace Pumpkin and 2 others like this.
  19. Tom 00

Tom 00 Simracer

I thought this thread was about Twitter? :p

20. norbs

norbs Alien

I see what you did there. Here, have a like!

And, twitter!