1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic They want to shut up !!!!! read before they go off !!!!

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by ALR Ricardokil, Nov 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TitzonToast

TitzonToast Simracer

That's great, for you, happy days.
    What about the thousands of other players that love to race online though?

the-D- likes this.
  2. Plato99

Plato99 Simracer

That must be a record. Whenever I look there's about two people bouncing around the Nurburgring.
    Online is a ghost town. It's on its arse.

MBK72 likes this.
  3. AC_CM505

AC_CM505 Staff Member

Hey guys... C'mon, please remain friendly with one another and don't wind each other up!

4. Birdorf

Birdorf Gamer

Ban 'em. Ban 'em all....

5. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

lol its all friendly on this thread at the moment. Just a quick question though when you look at pc gamers pictures at left hand side, I'm guessing that p1 is Porsche pack 1 p2 is pack 2 and pack 3. How come some people have p2 and p3 when they aren't out yet on pc.

6. TeKnO-_-91

TeKnO-_-91 Racer

its the internet, what do you expect :cool:

7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Some people bought all packs at once and some people buy them one by one. :)

8. JMR1985

JMR1985 Racer

well a bought mine off xbox store front for £40 foolish yes when a could of drove to tescos or asda and saved my self a tenner but was lazy that day as couldnt be bothered with the screaming kids but wait on is this forum my local tescos and asda as this forum feels like it at times

9. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Thanks was just curious.

10. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

It was £40 to download and most internet outlets in uk were around the £30 mark.

11. MBK72

MBK72 Hardcore Simmer

No that's not the case, I have all purchased all 3 packs and they are associated with my Steam account but don't show up on my profile. I wonder if there is another reason? ;)

vlado Cro likes this.
  12. So they never sold it at AAA price then basically?

I know when I started playing and realised there wasn't a great deal of content in the game the fact I didn't pay as much as usual made me feel kinda ok with it, infact it actually explained alot about the price lol. If I'd paid 60 quid maybe I would be a bit more angry.

For me the driving feel and physics in this game are ridiculously good. There are some very basic features missing but I'm in this one for the long haul and am gonna be patient, support Kunos by buying dlc, enjoy the game for what it is at the moment and look forward to the day when it is a more complete title.

Just imagine this game with the features and content of say forza? 30 odd tracks n 600 cars? Wow. The way I see it games are only getting bigger and better and 5 or 10 years down the line this is gonna be more than possible but only if we support these guys from the beginning.

Food for thought:)

Ace Pumpkin and Horus like this.
  13. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Did you buy the Porsche bundle?

14. Dyr_gl

Dyr_gl Racer

I´ll never understand this sort of apologism. The situation is really simple: Kunos released a poor product, people are mad about it. This is how life works: you do a good job, people are happy, you do a sloppy job, people are mad.

People don´t care if Kunos are "passionate" or "a small team". They are video game developers, not your cousin in a High School Tech project. No one cares if they´re nice or not, or if how much resources they have. People care about the quality of the product they get. SMS tried to sell the same image... "we are no regular developer, we go by community feedback and create the game people want, we are cool guys". Then they released garbage tied together with tape as a "complete product" and had to spend 6 months to make it stable. This is going exactly the same route, everything smells like it did with Project CARS, from the terrible premature release, to the apologist fanboys, to the developers attitude ("coming SMSoon"). The difference I can see is that at least SMS shills got some investment profit back for their shill work.

This is SO simple... They released a racing game and it sucks, so people are going to be mad. People ended up with a game that lacks features that were state of art 12 years ago, a game that grinds to a stop if your car lifts a cloud of dirt going wide, a game that goes all over the place FPS wise if you play a replay, a game where the button assignment can´t be changed, where AI can´t race for their lifes and multiplayer is dead on arrival, where you can barely see the track if you set weather to overcats. And you want people not to air their frustration because "Kunos is kool"? PFFFFT. Good luck with that, but you can bet sane people don´t develop any sort of emotional connection with companies they buy stuff from, so they don´t condone a poor job just like that.

SMS and Kunos had a huge chance to introduce sim racing to a wide audience in all its glory. Both dropped the ball big time

TheGT500, Luke7, the-D- and 4 others like this.
  15. Horus

Horus Alien

The great wall of tirade. In your opinion! Many other console dudes are enjoying AC even with its limitation.

Tomcul likes this.
  16. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

Horus how do you get the p1 p2 and p3 tags. Is it because you bought all 3 or because you have all 3 downloaded. I've only noticed 3 PC users with these you, pumpkin and jebus.
    All this talk about a/c has made me try out the hot lap challenge today, quality car/track combo I'm well of the pace though. Shame there's no leaderboard or download a ghost of someone who's quicker, I find that's the best way to improve on racing sims. I could only imagine how good that car/track combo would be in a private lobby with a load of mates in a race series, would be quality.

Horus likes this.
  17. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

Theres alot of users with all 3 in the pc section. Its not weird that you havent seen more with all 3 since you dont have access to the pc section. The ones that typing here are a very small minority.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2016
  18. Horus

Horus Alien

As Kofo said, I bought the Porsche Season Pass. So all three will become available to me when they are released. AC is just too good to miss out on a DLC because I might not have the money at the time and the bigger reason to continue supporting Kunos. :)

19. ppbucko

ppbucko Hardcore Simmer

I will buy the season pass when the game gets updated to a acceptable condition.
    I think p cars has a good system for dlc online. If the host has purchased it anyone in the lobby can use it, but they can't tune or alter the cars.

20. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I dont agree. If a player havent bought content he shouldnt be able to use it. That system is very generous by SMS but not something that anyone can expect other developers to use.