1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #25 - Turbo Era

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Graveltrap, Mar 26, 2017.

1. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

2:08.261 (Improvement)/ PS4

Assetto Corsa_73.jpg

Just when I was starting to get a good feel for the car (in stock trim). I was too eager to get moving along to stop and set things up. Next thing you know (after an hour-half) it's too late and I'd keep everyone around me up all night if they had to keep listening to my rough shifting with the TH8A. Easily lost 2-3 secs (probably even more) in the last chicane, coming too steep into the right and just holding the left wheels within the edge of the midsection to keep the lap valid. Disappointed with the final result and never been more frustrated with myself over any type of challenge/adversity in a LONG time! Quite possibly over a hundred restarts were necessary tbh. But regardless, no excuses and it felt damn good to establish a rhythm with this beast!

Kembro, svenvangent, Fab85 and 2 others like this.
  2. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

I really have no idea, I don't think too far ahead ;)

Looking at the tracks coming we have a little run of classics, the Redbull ring and a couple of road circuits (these need to be looked at and discussed due to penalty situation).

The Nordschleife is also looming (maybe over Easter) but I already have something in mind for that...

I am not sure if I will host a third "season", with custom lobbies on the horizon it is time to think about actually going racing...

Stevesixty7 likes this.
  3. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

I think there's always room to continue this as not everyone is able to commit to organised online racing. This allows everyone trustful of time availability and driving ability to have some fun wuth this sim :)

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Stevesixty7 and Traks1 like this.
  4. Fbrg90

Fbrg90 Hardcore Simmer

1:54:240 ps4 improvement 20170402_110348.jpg

5. svenvangent

svenvangent Alien

Graveltrap ,

Perhaps the Porsche 911 Carrera RSR 3.0 at Silverstone 67 or Red Bull Ring GP for next week .

Naamloos.jpg

Kembro, Stevesixty7 and BrainsBush like this.
  6. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

2m02.910s
    Ps4 standard controller

Hello. I only just joined the forum. I hope I haven't breached any major etiquette rules. I was reading the forum with interest, saw this thread and thought I'd have a try. I used the standard controller and the roll-bar camera so I'm definitely no hardcore player. If nothing else it was good fun, I enjoyed having a go. The info screen is on the end of the video.

7. XinSoul

XinSoul Gamer

That challenge was real fun to me. Felt like Senna, when taking the eau rouge flat out.
    Such a beast of a car...

Stock trim
    2:06:347

Attached Files:

8. MakaveliA7X

MakaveliA7X Hardcore Simmer

Nice lap Bob .
    Nice to see the 2nd gear trick in the first and last corner is working for u :cool:

Tonydoc10, HavanaB0B and Stevesixty7 like this.
  9. XinSoul

XinSoul Gamer

2:02:913 with Bobs setup
    assetto corsa hotlapchallenge spa.jpg

10. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

Took a little tweaking of the gears for me to get comfortable, but you were right it is way more consistent.

11. Turbocharl

Turbocharl Hardcore Simmer

image.jpg PS4
    T300
    1:50.951

And yes my car is lying on its roof. Was'nt planning on giving it a second run, but in the end quickly spent another hour of driving. Needed some more time on this one to mix it up with the big guns though.

12. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 1:52:683 - PC - Dualshock 4
    [​IMG]

I think i'm done, seriously drug combo :eek:, i spent too much time finding the right traction in first and second gear :confused:

13. ohjeah

ohjeah Hardcore Simmer

1:52,860 - PS4

[​IMG]

14. Stevesixty7

Stevesixty7 Racer

Doubt that I'll improve due to the beer consumed while watching BTCC. :)

15. eclipsee

eclipsee Simracer

Well done, that's sick, I've tried with a Thrustmaster gamepad I have here and I could barely get into the 1'56's
    What are your DS4 game settings?

Fab85 likes this.
  16. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    1m59.375s
    Ps4 standard ds4 controller

Noob alert. Very ragged. Very pleased to get under 2 minutes.

17. Jezza819

Jezza819 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 1:55.660 XB1

AC Wk 25 5.jpg

I'm going to step away from the WHC for a while until I can figure out something with this Fanatec wheel. Supposedly there is an issue with the way it interacts with this game. There was an update to the PC side I believe and I'm hoping it makes it's way over to the console side soon because as it is right now it's costing me a lot of time in these challenges. It's just not allowing me to turn cars properly. There's way too much steering input required. Plus there is now the issue of the Xbox not recognizing it as a controller.

18. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

On lotus 98t i have speed sensitivity on 50 %, speed steering 47, gamma 3.6, filter 0.95 and deadzone 0.01, but my driving style isn't very smooth and i need to improve this side, and every gamepad i think needs its proper settings; anyway since 1.12 i don't know why i need to change the speed sensibility and the speed steering on every cars, maybe i need to reinstall AC.

eclipsee likes this.
  19. HavanaB0B

HavanaB0B Hardcore Simmer

The amount of wheel I am putting into the car is exactly as much as you see in the video. Slipping and sliding isn't an issue for me on entry unless I downshift to quickly and lock the rears. On exit it does slip and slide in a few places, but a little bit peddling solves that one quickly.

Jezza819 likes this.
  20. Hammerpgh

Hammerpgh Hardcore Simmer

Frustrating little session tonight.. as soon as I started I could feel everything was off.. FFB had changed.. much stronger and had to exit the session to drop it 10%, setup felt different.. I was losing the car in areas the I didn't on Friday and then even stranger partway through the session the wheel position had shifted.. never experienced that before is there some button combination that changed that? New to meif there is. And also had less straightline speed.. so much so that I was 2 car lengths behind my ghost by turn 1 .

Anyway, result of all that was a very minimal improvement, had hoped to get into the 55's but this will have to do..
    1:57.667
    Xbox
    Thrustmaster Ferrari 458 TX[​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk