1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Let's discuss iRacing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by bud01, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Looks like honey moon is over..

2. Orne

Orne Alien

HAHAHAHAHAHA hilarious! Although the rear wheel position of that car would suggest some sort of damage.

Wheel spin is not an issue in other cars on a traditional track, curious indeed !

iR certainly lacks nuance in the FFB its nowhere near as communicative as the FFB in AC

Last edited: May 8, 2017
  3. Orne

Orne Alien

Just tried the Dirt Legends Ford '34 Coupe at USA International speedway dirt track and had no problems with wheel spin . Must be an issue with that particular car and or track.

Leonardo Ratafia and LeDude83 like this.
  4. I wish we had this kind of replay system here, a proper zoom, not inverted as it is, zooming to the car when it's on apex. :)

baboon likes this.
  5. chakko

chakko Alien

Whenever iRacing gets wet weather, i will renew my subscription again. Hopefully, until then, they implemented some decent FFB too.

6. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

Sim physics - bahhh; the car's frame should have been resting on the ground after that. :p:D

7. norbs

norbs Alien

That is a function of the cam files. You can have it zoom in or out depending on camera placement.

8. Nice,
    So it's possible to achieve that effect then

if there were some tutorial it would be nice.

Thanks

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  9. norbs

norbs Alien

10. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

Here is my feedback.

I'm back from iRacing after having spent 16 months driving mainly with the MP4-30. I decided last month to give some credit again to AC (I left it aside beginning of 2016 to test iRacing).

For those who are interested, bear in mind I'm just aiming at remaining factual in my comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.

Graphics: AC > iRacing (even if I admit iR has progressed a lot since Dx11)
    FFB: AC > iRacing (iR is very good but too linear, AC offers more detailed effects)
    Physics: AC = iRacing (both platforms are offering real data based products)
    Tracks: AC = iRacing (laser scanned tracks are both top-notch)
    Modding: AC >iRacing (iR is a renting platform without modding capability)
    Multiplayer: AC < iRacing (the iR machine offers a more consistant platform)
    Price: AC < iRacing (iR costs more but you pay for the service to run)
    Rating system: AC SRS < iRacing SR/SOF (AC might clearly progress in that area)

Conclusions:

Those who are looking for an exclusive multiplayer platform with an efficient rating system will choose iRacing.
    The others looking for maybe better graphics and feeling but with some great multiplayer capabilities will easily adopt AC.

It's purely a matter of choice and personal feeling.

I bet you know mine now... ;)

Orne, Jaood, Kristaps and 6 others like this.
  11. bud01

bud01 Racer

I agree,

I always play AC, some times rarely playing ir.

But.....
    The mirrors in ir are just amazing. I mean in VR they are just as ice cream to use.

When will Ac have mirrors like ir.

( ir has as real with head movement rear mirrors)

Cote Dazur and DaveS78 like this.
  12. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

The one thing that could lure me back to iRacing for a time is the RallyCross stuff; aside from that, AC satisfies much of my racing thirst. :)

13. emha76

emha76 Gamer

14. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

His final analogy pretty much sums it up - "Rock Star to Loser" status once the money runs out. :eek::p:D

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

What a nice post! Thanks.

Olivier Prenten likes this.
  16. Jaood

Jaood Racer

The only thing for me so far that Iracing has over AC is dirt :D so fun and the immersion is amazing. I wonder if a "dirty dlc" couldn't fix that.

Dean Ogurek likes this.
  17. Olivier Prenten

Olivier Prenten Simracer

In terms of immersion "without VR", I really find AC better...
    With it they are both equal.

18. Salad Fingers

Salad Fingers Simracer

Ehhh, last time I played iRacing I found it to be the least realistic simulator when it comes to actually driving the car. Everything around that is awesome, and it really gives you the "I'm a racer" feel, but are you really calling AC a "toy" compared to iRacing? AC's physics are heaps and miles beyond, I don't get the point you're trying to make. RFactor is also another superior sim when it comes to physics. Have you actually played Asseto Corsa at all?

19. Raikku

Raikku Racer

iRacing is good. Have been member from '09. Although I'm worst driver from Finland, have won one (1) race during these years.

But in general my opinion is that you have to have all sims which are available, thats why I have AC, Amobilista, rFactor 1/2, iRacing, RRE, Dirt and what else there are now. Every sim has their own strong points, so it would be stupid to not get them all.

20. EPR

EPR Rookie

Haha! Pleased to meet you. I knew there had to be one somewhere. Of course, one's still suspicious. ;)

There are a lot of real racers in iRacing, but one doesn't know how much of it is the online system as opposed to the physics. But the level of competition is unequaled.

One thing that drives me crazy about AC is the replay system - enough to put me off altogether. I can't stand not being able to control what I see from the external view as in iRacing, and every other sim.

iRacing tyres feel more complicated over the limit somehow. There's something too predictable and linear about the oversteer behaviour in AC. That said, there's a better feeling of weight and rotational inertia about the AC cars that makes it more immersive to drive. And iRacing tyres have always been problematic. At the moment, a small slide and you're overheated for a few seconds. The whole point of their elaborate modelling was supposed to be able to deal with the demands of racing. Since it's no longer a "new tire model", one has to say it failed.

iRacing sounds horrible to me. Cars sound like hairdriers and the skid noise conveys no sense of rubber scrapping tarmac. We're told this is due various technical limitations (usually at our end). But if I can recognize a V8 or The Who rock band (both of which I've heard in real life) from a rubbish youtube vid recoded on a phone or cam mic, then why doesn't iRacing ever sound recognizeably car-like in or outside the cockpit? Big immersion killer.

Whether you prefer iRacing or AC graphics will be a matter of taste I think.