1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Difficulty of special events/achievments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Henkz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

Thank you so much!

I am happy though that you haven't changed the original ones like "You were flying over the kerbs out there" since these are a true test even though the two achievments with M3 GT2 @ Imola might need some tweaking since not even aliens are able to do it...

So satisfied that I finally made the "Way better than him" yesterday though, super nice challenge and very good tuning!

Best regards

Trezoitao38 and Serge M like this.
  2. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

Nice! it's back to where it was.

3. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

I guess I'm the only person who was looking forward to the Special Events being possible to complete now. :) (I struggled a lot with any of the hotlap ones.)

Ah, well. I'd given up on ever beating any of them anyway. :D

Octane and Kembro like this.
  4. Serge M

Serge M Alien

@6S.Manu thank you for fixing so quickly
    Happy new year :)

sissydriver likes this.
  5. Berry

Berry Alien

I like the "git gud" approach of the events, certainly appreciate some of them that I don't just "Gold" on the first attempt out of the pits :D.

evil_overlord likes this.
  6. Octane

Octane Simracer

"git gud" is great for those that have 25hrs a wk to devote to AC. ...and I'm not looking for Gold in every event the first time out, much less ever on some of them. Something changed (in general) a few months ago that made the hotlap events more difficult. I've had fun with hotlap Achievements in the past and wanted to devote more time to them. Now it seems they are so out of reach at times that I don't see myself ever getting close so what's the point. Could be me. I was out of action for a few months. Could be in the sim, don't know. Its not just that the times needed to make an achievement are inherently hard. Its like something else changed. Yeah, I know..."git gud".

7. Berry

Berry Alien

@Octane: I understand that, but challenges should be challenging right? If 90% of the community could get the "alien" achievements, there's not much to them then right? (they're not at alien level now either, so it's kinda fair)

8. Henkz

Henkz Gamer

I have decent pace (a WR with the Tatuus and some other none important) and was able to make almost all of them before this update, will try to record as many as I can with the pedal app so you can get an estimate on where to brake and gas if you want to!

If so, would you prefer the cockpit view? :)

9. Octane

Octane Simracer

Over half of the achievements are at 0.4% or less so they aren't even approaching 1%, much less 90%. Hard to say though because it doesn't specify if this is based on attempts or total players that own the sim (or something else). I must have already gotten all the ones that aren't at alien level for hotlaps :). Looking back it was when the Porsche DLCs dropped that something changed (for me anyway) so it was more than a few months ago.

nate likes this.
  10. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

I honestly struggle to get the bronze level of many of the hotlap challenges. I'm not even aiming for the alien ones.

In Gran Turismo 6, I could get most of the gold challenges and convinced myself I was a pretty decent driver. AC has convinced me otherwise. :)

What's weird is that I can do many of the races at medium difficulty, but the hotlaps are just so completely beyond my abilities that I've given up on them.

11. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

For GT6~GT5 they went in the easy way, but AC difficulty is similar from the previous GT series on PS2 & PS if you forget the added value.

12. Blizzier

Blizzier Racer

Medium races sets AI only at 94%, so it's normal that you can't achieve golds in hotlaps if you are not able to beat 98-100% AI (depends of car and track). Practice is everything and some golds needs hard work to be done as it should be.

Probably it's because changes in tire model. I remember when it was really easy to fly on Spa in GT3 car at 2:16, when now, even whether I'm better driver I struggle to get under 2:20. This means that those old events may be harder.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  13. Robert M525

Robert M525 Gamer

I'm not talking about gold, I'm talking about beating them on bronze. IMO, Easy AI races should be roughly as hard as bronze hotlaps. They're not. At least not for me.

Take "Meet the Champion." It requires you to use the '98 911 GT1 to set a laptime of 1:57.00, 1:58.00, or 2:00.00 on the Nürburgring GP. My fastest lap with that car on that track (back on November 28, 2016) is a 2:03.831. I'm not even close to the bronze time.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  14. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

For me is the exact opposite :D I miss only 6 hotlaps, and I already got silver on them so its just a matter of taking them up to gold, while instead my races total trophies are much worse. Might be that I did not dedicate myself enough to them.

15. RReed43

RReed43 Hardcore Simmer

It certainly depends upon the event. Some are easy and some are very difficult or impossible. What I don't understand is why they don't utilize a resources like LiveTiming. If they set the alien time at the 5 percentile, gold at 12 percentile, silver at 25 percentile and bronze at 50 percentile then it would encourage everyone to give it a go. If you can beat half the drivers you get an award. That's a lot easier then figuring out on your own where to set the times and the values can be changed if upgrades impact the speed of various cars on various tracks.

Robert M525 and Octane like this.
  16. Serge M

Serge M Alien

That is one o the very hard ones, always has been. I do believe it’s doable. My best currently is 1:58.560. I haven’t really spent too much one with it yet or tried any set up work. Large part is to not over rev that car. It’s got a lot of tourque fairly low which drops off a lot in the high revs

17. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

The hards one are setup bound. They aren't that difficult if you have the right setup & driving method.

18. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Thought I would give this one a run as its been a while. Got 1:56.946
    Setup was just soft tyres with pressure set (aim I think for 30psi after 2 laps), 10L fuel, 4 clicks down on rear ARB which helped the oversteer a bit and one click taller third gear

19. Tried the same. Default setup but for soft tires and lowered fuel (15L or something) and I managed a 1:56.616 in three or four laps...was on for a 56.1 but overshot the chicane. A bit of setup work (dampers and ARBs) could probably take a few more tenths off.

I think the new Laguna Seca ones are harder than most of the old achievements, which isn't really a bad thing.

MrDeap and Serge M like this.
  20. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Nice time, can’t say it was hard and my lap was far from perfect. I remember it being harder before but nothing changed as far as I know other then a heap of AC hours and some hardware

mclarenf1papa likes this.