1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Difficulty of special events/achievments

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Henkz, Dec 25, 2017.

1. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I believe the rest, except for the 3~4 laps. :p

2. 58.5 on first, 57.3 on second, spun on third, 56.6 on fourth, 56.1 would have been on the fifth lap.

3. Serge M

Serge M Alien

Mine was about 30minutes worth of driving. Need to keep it on throttle as much as possible keeping the turbo spooled. It hates curbs but wants a very small amount of oversteer through corners to help rotate it

4. Berry

Berry Alien

@MrDeap: If you don't believe mr.F1 papa, I've done it in 12 laps (5 were just for fooling around) on medium tyres a year ago(1.56.98) :p.All the hotlap events are possible to complete on Gold, there's a lot of people that are faster than me, so I don't think the standard is that high.Also, my driving was a bit loose and sloppy, so there's definitely room for improvement, even on medium tyres.
    In the races against the AI the game does encourage you to kind of smash them to get the Golden Glory achievements.

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  5. Serge M

Serge M Alien

As soon as you say that something can’t be done here a bunch of people (me included) will do whatever they can to prove you wrong... lol

6. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@Berry You should read the post at #37.

You simply need to read carefully my post. You guys aren't proving anything except trying to figure something to contradict something that doesn't exist.

7. Berry

Berry Alien

@MrDeap: Well that's the point, I'm no driving god, and that was on stock setup, medium tyres, straight out of how the event is set up.I would say 17-18 laps including fooling around to feel how the car slides is decent for the "Gold" achievement, for some people it's going to be more, for some it's going to be less, for the fast guys who can make a good setup it's going to be a warm up + 1 or 2 laps, so I'd say the events are fair.This one and the Lotus 25 are among the hardest imho, the rest are quite easy.
    The only thing I'm trying to contradict is people saying they should be easier, because that would mean I wouldn't get any excitement out of them when I get to play AC (and that is quite rarely now)

@Serge M: That's true about most things in life though, isn't it? :p

mclarenf1papa likes this.
  8. Serge M

Serge M Alien

@Berry

The lotus 25 steam achievement “Faster then Jim Clarke, Chapman would be proud of you” is prety epic. Very satisfying to get that one, does take a bit of tweaking (for me at least)

9. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

@mclarenf1papa Just made me realize something silly about driving in sim racing.

To get that excitement you need to know where it lack of grip. Without it, you're doing it blindly without much result. :rolleyes:

I suppose I should add it in my guide...

@Serge M have point.

10. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Yeah, i am missing 0.5 secs for the "Gof of the wind" gold.
    Boy, that Huayra BC is such a joy!

sissydriver likes this.
  11. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

first "gold medal of shame" is done - forbidden record 6:50.xx -:)

dunno how long it lasts....greedy and now i have this to do....o_O:rolleyes::confused:

12. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

At least the event name checked out on that one :D

sissydriver likes this.
  13. pankykapus

pankykapus KS Dev Team Staff Member KS Dev Team

Just my 2 cents:
    In addition to money, competitive sim racing or real-life racing (doesn't really matter) HEAVILY relies on skill and the time you can invest. Naturally, there are people with this hobby who don't have the ability to get a gold achievement simply by being skilled enough or having 25 hours to invest in a single track/car combo, and thus fail to achieve a medal, but it's COMPLETELY FINE. If it's the achievements someone's after and is reluctant to accept the requirements and keep working for them, then this type of game/competition may not be for them, which again, is completely fine.

It's the harsh reality of skill-based sports that some people are just not good enough to be awarded in them. I'm terrible at darts, so any sort of award is out of question, but it doesn't stop me from having fun or trying to improve (and breaking nearby windows).
    Some people have a natural talent to be fast in the very first lap in any given car, while others have a talent to keep improving with conscious and focused practice. The achievements in AC are generally balanced in a way that either way they should be possible to attain, sometimes with less sometimes with more energy invested. And then when you're happy that you got one, you look at RSR and see that there are still 150 people who are faster than you.

foppaldo, Berry, chksix and 6 others like this.
  14. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

nr2 - 7:19.29 with the superfast at nords :)

15. Serge M

Serge M Alien

100% accurate, hence I’m not a fan of making them easier. Happy new year :)

16. leon_90

leon_90 Hardcore Simmer

Down to 4 now :D:confused: the Laguna Seca ones are much harder than the rest, and "Drying the Lake" is still an hard wall for me :mad:

17. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

I watched a lot of people playing AC... In my high opinion, in a lot of scenario, it's not even skill related. The special events are as difficult as Gran Turismo. Sure there are people who are bad at Gran Turismo, but if you're not bad at it, you shouldn't either for AC.

If you play competitively in arcade racing game or simulator, the difficulty is basically the same. All have their quirks.

One thing that is more difficult in a simulator is drifting, which the skill requirement is a lot higher. :cool:

18. PhilS13

PhilS13 Alien

I use a meme technique.

MrDeap, Neilski and mclarenf1papa like this.
  19. Have you ever drifted a real car? Because I very much disagree with your last statement....

Neilski likes this.
  20. MrDeap

MrDeap Hardcore Simmer

When I play Need For Speed or Burnout, I don't need to countersteer(I mean the steering doesn't countersteer) & the car drift by itself.

I did many different slide on different weather, but no actual drift on a track.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017