1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Dirt rally

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Psit, Apr 27, 2015.

1. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

No problem(-: yes i have talk of this forum with him.. So maybe soon is here to answer directly your question(-:

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek Alien

see, d'accordo @miky, grazie mille. :)

miky likes this.
  3. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

A little tease guys.. From exbagboy (creator of the mod)
    "I got my hands on all the V1 physics and have discovered DOWNFORCE!!!!!!!
    I need to see how it affects the cars first before implementing it."

Dean Ogurek and paul_wev like this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

respect to this guy, for his never ending quest to improve/fix DR physics.

Could you ask him if theres anything that can be done with the ffb, maybe get a min force setting or something so it doesn't feel like a floaty mess.

paul_wev and miky like this.
  5. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I have ask him to register here, because I'm only a tester and I don't have all the answer for these question.. Have you tried with my settings?? This is maybe the five time that I make this question(-:

MsportDAN likes this.
  6. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

To be honest your settings are a bit weird, any reason for such odd configuration, is that what mod author recommends?
    Disclaimer: I haven't tried them myself.

[​IMG]

MsportDAN likes this.
  7. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Try it and make new sentences.. Maybe you don't like it.. But these are the settings that made "for me" the best feelings.. With no fake effects and with no to strong self centering and others bad effects.. Like incident ecc. I don't know what settings run the creator.. Aniway the FFB in my game is vanilla, so the mod doesn't affect the FFB.. If you want the ffb similar to assetto corsa, try this... If the wheel is to light for your taste, raise up the second and third settings.. Or the strength in wheels control panel

paul_wev likes this.
  8. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

To be honest, they feel pretty bad, don't know how you drive with such high Wheel Friction, it is known fidelity killer in Dirt Rally and Dirt4.
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=943998393
    There is a link to google doc in my signature with my settings for OSW, including best settings I've found so far for DR.

And for the mod, kudos to the author for effort, but unfortunately it's not my cup of tea, the only difference I've noticed is that car got super heavy, hard to accelerate, and plows into corners like a tank. May be it's more hardcore, don't know, but I can enjoy driving in game much more with the standard physics, may be I am just used to it.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
  9. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Sorry but you have posted a discussion with suggested settings for dirt4.. Not dirt rally... These are 2 different games and different physics and ffb.. It's OK that you don't like it.. Aniway my settings are made for consumer wheel.. So maybe is not good for your osw.. If you can replicate exactly the feelings with my settings, there is no reason for don't like it... But you don't have a T500 RS or similar.. For the physics, I completely disagree with you, but is ok(-: the world is beauty because is various.. Sorry this is a Italian style words but I don't know if is it comprensible in English.

10. paul_wev

paul_wev Hardcore Simmer

Am looking forward to trying your ffb settings Miki, as haven’t played dirt rally for a while . But at the moment I’m recovering from surgery so I am patiently waiting until I can get back in my rig without really hurting myself. Will keep you posted. (But I’m lucky if I am average on a good day unfortunately).

Ts-pc racer, t3pa with Bodin load cell brake conversion, t8ha, pc, htc vive, gt omega rig, etc.

miky likes this.
  11. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

I wish you a speedy recovery (-: I think you'll be fine with my settings. Maybe you'll have to slightly increase the second and the third value.. since your steering wheel I think is slightly less powerful than mine .. However keep me updated and let me know as soon as you try them.

paul_wev likes this.
  12. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

The problem with Wheel Friction was discovered in Dirt Rally, it just made its way into D4 as well as they are essentially on the same FFB engine, there was discussion on this on Codies forum.
    Drop it and see for yourself how much livelier and more detailed FFB becomes.
    There is no any secret sauce with DR or D4 FFB setting, except dropping Wheel Friction and optionally Tire Slip, with them at 0 it is as good as it gets, the other sliders can be adjusted to personal liking.
    I used to own T300RS and DR settings were essentially the same except higher gain.

miky likes this.
  13. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Ok Tomorrow i try with wheel friction dropped.. I think, however, that i have already tried both with low values and with higher values .. and at the end i stopped with the current values that i posted..I'll let you know Tomorrow(-;

14. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

I thought tyre and wheel friction you need the damper on. That's what cm suggested anyway. Otherwise you not feel both these settings. I've used damper in Dr to get the wheel to weight up a bit more. Cause just feels wrong on centre for me there's no bite to tyres and sorry milky I haven't tried your settings. Dr for me is uninstalled as of last mod test. I'm having more fun with wrc

15. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Ok no problem @MsportDAN.. aniway i just received new ctf files for all the cars with increased downforce.. so tomorrow ill try it and ill keep you informed(-;

MsportDAN likes this.
  16. I'm using a lot of wheel friction in DR with OSW. Cars feel horrendous without it on tarmac so I'm using it as a damping method to compensate the overdone SAT. Don't know what details I'm missing but I don't think I am. The wheel is just dead without it.

MsportDAN and miky like this.
  17. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Yes same here from what I remember.. But I re-try it for security(-: plus from my experience most of the time, in various Sims, the best ffb settings are made from yourself.. and not the most publicized on the forums.. Even in assetto corsa I put various slider at 0% unlike most of people and I have a wonderful ffb(-:

18. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

100% my work around to. Still does feel artificial but best we could do I suppose.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  19. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

Yes i have re tried with wheel friction at 0% and is not good.. the wheel is to much lighter..

20. miky

miky Hardcore Simmer

This is my first impression with new ctf files:
    "Ok i have tried the mod.. this is a first try ( i dont have try all the cars and all the locations ) but
    what I have tried was enough for me to understand.
    -WRC 2010 cars now are more difficult to powerslide in a slow corner ( like in 2 gear )
    I dont know if it is for the different powercurves or the new downforce.. maybe even the others cars are affected but these are the most evident.
    -Downforce seems affecting the cars a little to much at low speed ( how does it work? is actually increase or decrease with the actual speed of the car?
    -The Stall is present, and if you dont blip the trottle during downshifts, it happens ( i dont think is realistic for all the cars because with wrc cars in real life you dont have to blip it )
    -I have noticed a lot of changes in the audi sport quattro ( much more weight transfer, much more weight, inertia and oversteer during braking ) ps. I like it(-;
    -I noticed some different behaviour of differentials, maybe is from the setups that you have made in ctf files?
    i like it(-;
    -In summary i like the tarmac feeling, the only "bad" thing is that now, or for the downforce or for the new powercurves cars are more slow to accelerate ( especially the WRC 2010 cars ) in real life these cars eat gears like monster, in the game i struggle to arrive to put the 6 gear.
    The gravel feelings it has improved more respect the tarmac.. finland stage now are epic with the new downforce, and the landings from jumps are more "difficult and alive" I like it(-;"

MsportDAN and paul_wev like this.