1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #80 - The champion without the crown

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, May 13, 2018.

1. BrainsBush

BrainsBush Hardcore Simmer

2. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Cheers, mate.

I'm using a full charge between La Source -Eau Rouge/Raidillon. A little bit out of No Name (Turn 11). About 80-85% out of Stavelot (this is a guess because I can't see the digital readout in the cockpit because of my FOV settings). The rest I leave for the exit of the final chicane.

3. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Yeah same here mate. although I have been using a tiny little boost between 9-10 so maybe I need to save more for further on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uelas_77 likes this.
  4. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I sometimes do the same between 9 and 10 if I haven't carried enough speed out of 9. I didn't on my fastest lap though. Saving it is better, I think. You definitely need to have enough left to get to (or very close to) top speed along the uphill straight after Stavelot. I'm still not 100% certain about after the final chicane. I always save some, but maybe there's a better way to use the extra power in sector 2. I'll test it later.

StyleF1re, uelas_77 and Lewisxbone like this.
  5. uelas_77

uelas_77 Simracer

improvement / 2:03.813 / uelas_77 / PS4 / T150

Assetto Corsa_23.jpg

well... not that much of an improvement, but slightly better! is also just fun to see how you beat each other down to milliseconds :D big rezpect as always!

6. uelas_77

uelas_77 Simracer

improvement / 2:02.315 / uelas_77 / PS4 / T150

Assetto Corsa_24.jpg

7. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

First attempt after too long away from AC! Have to admit I’m struggling a fair bit with setup and the rest so far. Possible improvement over the weekend..........maybe

2:04.923
    upload_2018-5-18_19-42-5.jpeg

8. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Congratulations to the3ws for being the first to break the 1.58 barrier,lets see how Graveltrap (and others) respond...if they can!Welcome back to @Peggy11 , you're late to the party by 2 challenges (i think you would like the #78 ;) ) And thank you @BrainsBush for the nice photos,your laptime will now be included (if you post any!) :p

Current Standings

1- 1.57.970 the3ws- PS4
    2- 1.58.333 Graveltrap- PS4
    3- 1.58.918 Lewisxbone- X1
    4- 1.59.708 S.Gravarg- X1
    5- 2.01.124 Plastic_Manc- PC
    6- 2.01.471 StyleF1re- PS4
    7- 2.02.002 Neilski- PC
    8- 2.02.315 uelas_77- PS4
    9- 2.02.551 Justray2000- PC
    10- 2.02.959 DonZmeuheu- PS4
    11- 2.04.237 Laughing Gravy- PS4
    12- 2.04.923 Peggy11- PS4
    13- 2.07.025 Totall Wrytoff- PS4
    14- 2.10.772 Chaos_Cris- X1

9. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

20180519_092511.jpg
    Ps4/T150
    Making up the numbers. Feels weird having a boost button, makes it seem like I'm playing a computer game. :) I can't get my head around it so just left it on Hotlap mode.

10. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Improvement

1.58.532 - X1X

[​IMG]

11. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Improvement - 1.57.235
    upload_2018-5-19_14-13-11.jpeg

I'm still saving some boost for after the last chicane. I tried using the extra power elsewhere, but couldn't get close to my fastest time.

12. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Nice one mate!!!! Extremely impressive time.
    I’m Still struggling with the middle section and overdriving it.
    What final ratio are you using?
    I’ve just tried 4000 and 36000 but can’t really tell any difference

Hugo Catarino, Justray2000 and the3ws like this.
  13. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Mighty impressive, especially using onboard view in this car. It's like driving wearing a Burka.

14. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, Lewis.

The middle sector is my best sector. You are probably not overdriving it by much. You really have to carry a lot of speed through the corners.

Sector 1 is letting me down. I hate T1, almost as much as the final few corners of Barcelona. My PB for sector 1 is 32.85, the time on my fastest lap was 33.09, so there's a couple of tenths to be had. I also lost a little in the final chicane. I think a high 1:56 is possible, but it'll be difficult to do because I don't think I can repeat sectors 2 and 3. The RSR record is way beyond me. I've no idea how to make up 1.7 seconds.

Anyway, here's the lap. I hesitated to post it because I really want the win!

15. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I'm using 3.6000.

Hugo Catarino and Lewisxbone like this.
  16. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Very Interesting!!! I’m getting 0:32.6 -7 on the 1st split but only high 1:27s on 2nd split.
    Thanks for posting your lap, I shall be studying it very hard

Hugo Catarino, paul_wev and Neilski like this.
  17. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Thanks, Moody. Yes it can be difficult. I always struggle to see the apex of No Name because the wheel arch blocks the view.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  18. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

32.6! Now I'm worried. Time for more laps I think.

19. Lewisxbone

Lewisxbone Alien

Oh no you don’t need to worry mate. I’m way off honest.
    I’m over a full second slower than your 2nd split time.
    Also Very close to throwing the towel in coz I’m getting frustrated with it now

Hugo Catarino and the3ws like this.
  20. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Improvement chaos_chris 2.05.787 tried 3rd gear corners and taking it easy .
    Still struggling with boost deployment whilst changing gear and always run out way too quick!!

Fun challenge.

the3ws likes this.