1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap #80 - The champion without the crown

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, May 13, 2018.

1. Chaos_Chris

Chaos_Chris Hardcore Simmer

Improvement 2.05.787 real ChaosChris
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

What a nice thread, thanks for organizing it!
    It's a shame I just noticed...
    I'm from PC, I use RaceEssentials, do you accept that? I have to save a replay to make a screenshot like this.

I like this car, but it's tricky to use well the energy. Watching your replays I have the strange feeling, you can use more boost... :)

1.jpg

3. Tibor Sólyom

Tibor Sólyom Hardcore Simmer

Sorry for that picture quality, there was a message the maximum size is 640x480. Next time I will ignore that.
    It's 1:58,917.

4. StyleF1re

StyleF1re Hardcore Simmer

Big up @the3ws for the onboard video reference and @Graveltrap for the quick summary regarding hybrid power use! Also, big up @BrainsBush for the photos! I especially am fond of the AF Corse and Jackie Chan DC Racing garage shots, as well as the Alfa Romeo catch.

1.59.953 (Improvement)/ PS4

Assetto Corsa_31.jpg

Fun stuff, all in all! Quite a variable with the boost, since you have to be cautious about its use throughout the lap. I remember a few quick stabs out of Eau Rouge, Malmedy, the left turn after Bruxelles, Campus, and out of the last chicane. Most of the available power was spent exiting La Source and Stavelot. Other than that, I lost count of how many times I spun trying to get on it out of second gear or low-speed third gear corners.

As for settings, main things I recall off the top of my head are fuel at 1, 3.9 gear ratio (since I only hit 300-310 km/h max), 70% recovery and full-manual deployment of boost, and 24 front 25 rear soft tires.

5. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Many thanks for the video!
    I'm gonna have to go back and review the (mostly automatic) deployment on my own lap. I know I used up a heck of a lot (and went much faster than you) on the Kemmel straight, whereas you had already run out of charge around the exit of Raidillon. Maybe that's because my recovery settings (PC) are higher than yours. I guess you had to make a compromise between the various corners, but I was interested to see that you were quite a bit faster on the final fast bit (leading to the bus stop) than on the longest straight. I didn't spot a post or video with your aero settings - are you using default wing? (I was.)

Hugo Catarino and the3ws like this.
  6. Justray2000

Justray2000 Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    2.01.693 - PC
    [​IMG]

7. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

I'm pretty sure it is better to use all or most of the charge before Eau Rouge. I sometimes leave a a tiny bit for a quick boost at the steepest part of Eau Rouge / Raidillon because I find that I lose a bit of speed. I used to use about 70% of the charge before Eau Rouge and the rest after Raidillon. Yes, this improves top speed along the straight, but I find that car can't make up the time it's lost by not using more power earlier. My fastest sector 1 splits have all come from using most of the extra power before Eau Rouge.

Out of interest, can you see the battery indicator in the gear app on PC? I'm asking because I saw a YouTube video where the green bar doesn't show. The yellow bar is there, but it doesn't deplete, staying at 100% the whole lap. Also the digital readout in the cockpit shows 0% throughout the lap. Not sure if it is a bug in the PC version. If PC users can't see the battery indicators that makes deploying the charge way more difficult.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  8. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Sorry Nielski, I forgot to answer your wing question. I'm always tinkering with settings so not 100% sure but I think I was using 4, 8 aero. It definitely wouldn't have been using less than 3, 7. I'm usually one for using the least amount of aero as possible to improve top speed. Here it seems that more aero is better. I sacrifice top speed for more speed through the corners, especially the fast speed stuff like Pouhon and Stavelot.

9. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Cool, ta!

I use Sidekick and it does seem to show all of the the ERS info. I think the little indicators in the standard app probably also show it all but I'm not certain. Also they are a bit small for my liking anyway. (Is it the gear app maybe?) I use bonnet-cam so the actual dashboard stuff - if any - is all invisible to me ;)

10. Pretend racer

Pretend racer Hardcore Simmer

11. Neilski

Neilski Alien

Neilski - improvement - 1.58.638
    Wow!! I would never have believed that manual use of ERS could make such a difference :eek:o_O:confused:
    This was with 3/7 for the wings (up from previous runs with default 2/6).
    My PB was not improving most laps, but when it did improve it wasn't by a tenth here and there but by 0.5 here and there. Just surreal... I was using the button in different places and seeing my delta go up to a second into the green, and then bleeding all of it away on another bit of the track.
    A lot of fun. Would be keen to see some kind of analysis that tells us where to use the energy though - it felt like I was just guessing, most of the time (when I wasn't copying @the3ws that is! ;)).
    upload_2018-5-20_17-57-47.png

12. the3ws

the3ws Hardcore Simmer

Nice one, Nielski. That's a big improvement.

Hugo Catarino and Neilski like this.
  13. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

@Sólyom Tibor The picture is nice,i can see the laptime.only problem is...i can't see the temperature (it has to be 26ª).Sorry but to accept your time,i need to see the temperature.Hope you see this in time to put another lap and the the screenshot with the laptime ;) But most importantly,welcome to the Weekly Hotlap,it's very good to have new racers onboard :)

14. Chaos_Chris

I ain’t gonna beat that!!
    Improvement ChaosChris 2.03.534
    [​IMG]

15. Neilski

Neilski Alien

I use a PC and I don't need a replay for a screenshot - just try the bottom red button on the left hand column when you're in the pits, if that makes any sense (or if it's not the bottom button, try them all ;)). That'll give you a screen with the same info you see in my screenshots.

paul_wev and Hugo Catarino like this.
  16. Chaos_Chris

Ok I can beat that!! Improvement and last time for this week. 2.02.975 ChaosChris on x1 [​IMG]

17. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Improvement
    Ps4/T150

20180520_211633.jpg

Managed to pinch a lap with cockpit view.

18. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

Improvement - 1:57.596 - Graveltrap -PS4

Had to have one more go, even if it was to make @the3ws nervous when the notification is seen ;) Great lap matey :) !

Justray2000, paul_wev, the3ws and 2 others like this.
  19. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

Chequered flag people,and with it comes the final standings as well!

Congratulations and a round of applause to @the3ws for a spectacular and very well deserved win,only 0.3s between him and @Graveltrap,who posted a laptime right when i was about to post this! Special kudos for @Chaos_Chris who took 8 seconds from his original laptime,it's not easy no matter your driving skills!
    Overall,everyone did a fantastic job!I couldn't do much;last friday i was doing a 2.07/2.08 with stock setup and using the bost on the straight after Eau Rouge.Today i could not even turn the car around,it felt like a truck on mud and i quickly gave up :oops: Playing only during weekends made my already poor driving skills even worse :(

Final Standings

1- 1.57.235 the3ws- PS4
    2- 1,57.596 Graveltrap- PS4
    3- 1.58.532 Lewisxbone- X1
    4- 1.58.638 Neilski- PC
    5- 1.59.708 S.Gravarg- X1
    6- 1.59.953 StyleF1re- PS4
    7- 2.01.124 Plastic_Manc- PC
    8- 2.01.515 moodyrider- PS4
    9- 2.01.693 Justray2000- PC
    10- 2.02.315 uelas_77- PS4
    11- 2.02.369 Pretend racer- PC
    12- 2.02.959 DonZmeuheu- PS4
    13- 2.02.975 Chaos_Cris- X1
    14- 2.04.237 Laughing Gravy- PS4
    15- 2.04.923 Peggy11- PS4
    16- 2.07.025 Totall Wrytoff- PS4

olevet, paul_wev, Neilski and 2 others like this.
  20. Graveltrap

Graveltrap Alien

You are an hour early deadline is 22:00 GMT no?

Neilski likes this.