1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Weekly Hotlap Challenge 195 – Insanity in Italy and trepidation at Terlamen

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Totall Wrytoff, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Welcome to the Weekly Hotlap Challenge 195 – Insanity in Italy and trepidation at Terlamen
    Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione challenges.

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Hotlap
    Car: Ferrari F138
    Track: Mugello
    upload_2020-9-5_17-55-8.png upload_2020-9-5_17-55-14.png

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge: 5 mins Quick Race

Car: Attempto Racing 2015 Audi R8 LMS (2018 Series)
    Track: Zolder
    Time: 6am …. x48 progression
    Weather: Storm
    Opponent Skill and Aggression: 100%
    upload_2020-9-5_17-56-23.png
    Please see competitor, weather and track conditions in How To Take Part below.
    upload_2020-9-5_17-56-38.png
    Please use the Attempto Racing 2015 Audi from the Blancpain 2018 Series
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Challenge: Ferrari F138 hot lap at Mugello

I’m afraid I couldn’t resist us running an F1 car around Mugello.
    Next weekend Formula 1 will be racing here for the first time. For anyone with a bit of petrol in their veins, that is exciting.
    So we’ve just got to check it out.
    We’re in the Ferrari F138. Used only once in WHC, it has DRS and KERS, like the 2020 cars, but without all of the confusing engine/ recovery and deployment modes.

The F138 was the last of the 2.4 V8s.
    It was the fifty ninth car built by Ferrari specifically for Formula One. The name is a combination of the year and the number of cylinders, to mark the eighth and final year of competition for the V8 engine.

The car weighs only 640kg and has 760hp, boosted by the KERS. It is quite quick around Mugello….
    upload_2020-9-5_17-57-13.png
    If you are the sort of person that likes your eyes out on stalks, or a good adrenaline hit, you’re going to love this challenge.
    Prepare for eye-widening speed. The F138 around Mugello is a mind-scrambling experience.
    You’ll sit there, not breathing, with your mouth agape as the track unravels at insane speeds in front of of you….
    Traction doesn’t seem to be a problem and boy, can you carry some speed! As you fully get to grips, (which I didn’t in 10 laps testing,) you’ll be entering corners, foot to the floor and hanging on.
    I think Arrabbiata might be responsible for some serious neck ache after next weekend.

DRS is available on the main straight and where to use KERS? Around the lap you hardly have time! More power? I worked up to being able to deploy a quick burst out of Turn 3, another after Turn 9, once the car is straight and then held it down out of Bucine, with DRS, to the start finish line.

I’ve been grinning for a couple of days, I hope you enjoy!

Stats, Tyres and Times
    Recommended tyre pressures for the controversial, grooved ‎Pirelli P Zero F1 tyres:
    *Supersoft: front 19psi, rear 18psi
    *Soft: 20psi all round
    *Medium: 21psi all round
    *Hard: 22psi all round
    NB: Less downforce generates less heat….

Fastest lap in an F138 around Mugello is a mind-bending 1:17.387!!
    Set by Lowii from Austria.
    To get into the top 50 best times this week, you’ll need to do better than a 1 min 22.5 secs.
    Deep breath!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge: 5 mins Quick Race, Attempto Racing Audi R8 LMS at Zolder

Okaaaay… we are trying something new. It may or may not be a good idea. Either way, this is an extreme level challenge. A real test of mettle.
    We’re driving the Attempto Racing Audi R8 LMS from the 2018 Series, please ensure you use this car (2015) not the 2018 version.

It’s a Quick Race challenge!
    It is 6:00 am, pouring with rain and dark*, but don’t worry…
    ..You are on pole!

Can you stay ahead of nineteen rabid racers for five minutes? With Opponent Skill and Aggression at 100% you are facing, or rather sitting just ahead of the real deal. Full on, racing Pro’s.
    * Time progression is on x48, it gets light by the time you get up to the start. (BTW: I think they’ve fixed the headlights in the new update.)
    Like Hotstint, you will need to show the Total Time and Number of Laps. As per my example pic below, I was 66 secs behind the leader’s 5mins 22 ( :rolleyes:shunted hard into the barriers, turn 4 lap 1) with 3 laps and a time of 6.28.013.

The last Blancpain Series event at Zolder was in 2018, before it moved to Spa for 2019. The Audi dominated practice and quali, came 2nd in Race 1 and won Race 2.
    upload_2020-9-5_17-57-43.png
    Attempto Racing takes the flag in Race 2 at Zolder, April 2018.
    A lovely day for racing. Possibly too easy…?
    Where is everyone else?

Zolder, also known as Circuit Terlamen, is new to us consolers and is very, very slippery in a storm.

upload_2020-9-5_17-58-1.png
    Conditions are horrendous. There is absolutely no grip at all. It is white knuckles, twitchy foot and you’re under intimidating pressure.
    You have a rolling start and you can get a good jump, but the competitors are brutal and seem to be much faster than you. (Certainly me.)
    By Lucian Bianchiboct the pressure is serious!
    The AI have no problem getting the drive down. They will shunt you off, from behind or from the side and don’t seem to suffer. Even a slight nudge can pitch you off but they are happy to give you a proper ramming.
    So you’ll need to manage them.
    Unless you are comfortably ahead, it might be an idea to let them go…. Damage is generally swift and terminal. Comfortably last is comfortably safe.

Take care at Bolderberghaarspeldbocht.
    Not just with the pronunciation. The car twitches violently to the left under braking. It has to be something to do with the name of the corner!

There’s no prize for winning your race, but, by all the water in Belgium, you’ll gain enormous respect!

Stats, Tyres and Times
    upload_2020-9-5_17-58-21.png
    Recommended tyre pressure for Wets should be around 30 psi.
    Fastest times? In the 2018 Blancpain Series, the Audi R8 LMS of Attempto Racing did a best race lap of 1:31.418. It was a lovely, sunny day.

☆☆PLEASE NOTE: WHC 194 IS STILL OPEN UNTIL 18:00 (GMT+1) TOMORROW. ☆☆
    ---------------------------------------------------
    How to take part:
    *Assetto Corsa Challenge*
    To enter the Assetto Corsa Challenge, select Hotlap, choose the Ferrari F138 and the Autodromo del Mugello
    Please setup the session as follows:
    Mode: Hotlap - Ambient Temp: 26 Degrees - Setup: Time of day: Free / Controller: Free / Assists: Free / Stability: Free. To qualify you must have the ambient temp set to 26 DegC.

*Assetto Corsa Competizione Challenge*
    In Single Player:
    1. Choose the Attempto Racing 2015 Audi R8 LMS (from 2018 Series)
    2. Challenge: Select Quick Race
    3. Duration: 5 MINS
    4. Time: Select 06:00 and x48 progression
    5. Starting Position: 1
    6. No. Opponenents: 19
    7. Opponent Skill and Aggression: 100%
    8. Select the Zolder Circuit
    9. Weather - select STORM
    10. Disable DYNAMIC (Variab. 1% - Cloud 100% - Precip. 99% - Temp. 11 DegC)
    11. Disable RANDOM
    12. Track Grip: Free Choice
    13. Wetness/ Standing water at: DEFAULT (70%)
    14. **DAMAGE MUST BE SET TO 100%**

The screen shot required to enter your time is in Timetables at the end of the session. You need to calculate and show your total time and number of laps.
    upload_2020-9-5_17-58-45.png
    Realism and Assist Settings are up to you. Ideally, please use PRO

POSTING FORMAT:
    For ease of admin, please use the following format to post your times to be included on the leader boards:
    For Hotstint and Quick Race, please show the number of laps and total time
    Challenge –
    AC or ACC
    Improvement (Only required if you have already posted a time)
    Your name (as you would like it to appear on the leaderboard)
    Your time - shown as x.xx.xxx. (This week it is your fastest lap)
    For ACC Hotstint and Quick Race – Number of Laps
    Your platform
    (PC Xb1 PS4)
    The screen shot showing your time.
    (Optional but in the spirit) Your thoughts or any comment
    Please post video clips and share information here as well.

You can run as many laps as you can manage and update your times as often as you like. It is all about taking part, pushing yourself and enjoying Assetto Corsa and Competizione. All Platforms are welcome. To submit a time, pause the game and select 'session' from the menu and screenshot this page or take a photo of your screen and post it in this thread - Note all the information from the screen is required including temperature, mode heading (Hotlap) and of course the car being used!

Deadline: Sunday 13th September 2020
    Chequered Flag will drop shortly before 6pm.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2020

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 276 Jun 11, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 275 Jun 4, 2022
    Chit Chat Room Weekly Hotlap Challenge May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 274 May 21, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 273 May 14, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #272 May 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 271 Apr 26, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #262 Jan 29, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #261 Jan 22, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #260 Jan 15, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #259 Jan 8, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #258 Jan 1, 2022
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #257 Dec 27, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #256 Dec 18, 2021
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge #255 Dec 11, 2021

3. AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-5_20-19-4.png
    Just time for a quick opener and it's 2 secs faster than I managed when testing the challenge.
    Scrappy lap. Too excited, gear ratios aren't right and I ran out of KERS before final corner.
    Feeling wide awake though!

4. Rod100

Rod100 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Ferrari F138
    Rod100
    Xbox1

Lots of power, lots of grip, lots of Gs on arrabbiata.[​IMG]

Sent from my ASUS_Z012DC using Tapatalk

5. mike reynolds

mike reynolds Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Ferrari F138
    Mike Reynolds
    PC

This is mental track in an F1 car

AC Ferrari F18 Mugello.PNG

6. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Formula 1 at Mugello.

I'm sure the drivers will love it. A circuit that flows naturally.

Overtaking may be an issue for them but the spectacle of the cars in these corners should be awe inspiring.

However.

I know Ferrari own it but I really hope that F1 never goes near the place again.

The last thing we need is rippled tarmac in the braking zone for turn 1.

The home of the Italian MotoGP.

Cars can bugger off back to Monza where they belong.

:) Tongue in cheek folks there's no need to get your pitchforks.:)

F1 at Phillip Island next?

Never in a million years. :)

7. mike reynolds

Tip for the ACC users...remember to switch your ratings to Multiplayer only or your SA rating will get trashed....saying for a friend! :)

8. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-6_14-11-45.png
    1.2 seconds up.
    There's masses of time left. A tidy lap and less excited with the KERS would yield plenty. And remembering to breath.

9. ACC
    Totall Wrytoff
    3 Laps
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-6_19-18-27.png
    upload_2020-9-6_19-17-56.png
    I let the first three nutters through then followed them for a lap, before getting mid pack mugged at Kanaaaalbocht, where it's very difficult to get the power down.
    I'm using GREEN for track grip.

I may be the only one who enters ACC this week....

10. Peggy11

Peggy11 Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Peggy11
    1:25:342
    PC

F138 Hotlap.png

Aargh! 9 laps of holding on for dear life. It's too late on a Sunday evening for my brain to adjust to the speed of this thing and process it properly :confused:

I'll leave further attempts until at least tomorrow evening.

11. moodyryder

Blimey O'Reilly.

I've been playing the AI at level 89 and that's challenging for me.

To go to level 100 and start first?

I'll be like a boulder sat in the way!

Nontheless I will try.

12. lemans86400

lemans86400 Racer

AC
    lemans86400
    PS4

WHC_195.jpg

13. sissydriver

sissydriver Alien

sorry, but ACC is not driveable for me. only surviving and trying to block the AI. I am out for this week. :(

14. mike reynolds

ACC
    Mike Reynolds
    3 Laps
    PC

I was leading this race until my team mate barged past me on the penultimate corner...which led to a pretty frosty podium celebration!

Took me about 15 attempts to complete the race...and don't bother trying with anything other than a green track!

ACC Audi Zolder.PNG

ACC Audi Zolder Podium!.PNG

15. F1415182235

F1415182235 Hardcore Simmer

F1415182235 - X1
    1:21.390
    [​IMG]
    Setup Changes
    Aero: 13 front, 10 rear
    Bias 55% I think
    Softs at 6 psi all around

My personal goal is 1:20. First lap seems to be the only chance for a good lap since the tires are well over 20 psi before the end.

16. You might find it easier to let the AI past and follow. The challenge isn't about winning, it is about making it to the finish!:D

Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  17. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-8_21-42-46.png
    Thanks to @F1415182235 for the braver aero settings!

Laughing Gravy, Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  18. Improvement
    AC
    Totall Wrytoff
    PS4
    upload_2020-9-8_22-49-7.png
    I wimped in a couple of places!
    I cannot imagine how the drivers are going to keep this up for nearly 2 hours on Sunday.
    The potential for disaster is enormous. I just hope they all have a smooth run.
    And the FIA don't manipulate the result.;)

Laughing Gravy, Neilski and Peggy11 like this.
  19. WHC 195 – Midweek Standings

Assetto Corsa - Ferrari F138 at Mugello

1. F1415182235 - 1:21.390 X1
    2. Totall Wrytoff - 1.23.901 PS4
    3. Mike Reynolds - 1.24.733 PC
    4. Peggy11 - 1:25:342 PC
    5. Rod100 - 1.25.639 Xbox1
    6. lemans86400 - 1.27.194 PS4

@F1415182235 has arrived early and gone fast! Very fast! He has suggested he wants to go even faster.... A sub 1.20 would be sub-zero!
    I've had three decent sessions at it, last night the time came flying off and there's decent potential for another good chunk. (Relax F1, nothing for you to worry about! :D)
    Early days, but the grid is very spread out at the moment, such is the nature of just trying to hang on!

Assetto Corsa Competitzione – Audi R8 LMS at Zolder

3 Laps
    1. Mike Reynolds - 5.34.238 PC
    2. Totall Wrytoff - 5.53.738 PS4

Only @mike reynolds and I have overcome the trepidation and powerslid around Zolder.
    The AI seem to get better drive, but aren't so good on the brakes. The stewards seem rather lenient on track limits too! Most thankfully!
    I'm having a think about whether we continue to hold an ACC event.
    Very few play on console and we haven't even managed double figures for the last few weeks.
    All comments and suggestions most welcome.:)

20. moodyryder

ACC
    moodyryder
    3 laps
    ps4

20200909_185132.jpg

Well, I promised I'd have a go and I have.

But I ain't trying again! :)

Way beyond my pay grade. My AI can come back down a peg or two. (or eleven)

21. Emmanuel Tubbiolo

Emmanuel Tubbiolo Hardcore Simmer

AC
    Emmanuel Tubbiolo
    Xbox

I thought I say hello, and show that I am still alive... I am of course having an eye on you and had to do some when I saw F1 Ferrari in Mugello. I'll try to jump in a bit more from now, hopefully. Great to see the competition is as fierce as ever. And ACC?...... am so dated

Attached Files: