1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Losing interest?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by petesky, Mar 29, 2017.

1. petesky

petesky Simracer

the new update and new content's been released for a few days however I still haven't tried it out.. I think I'm losing interest with race sims in general..have not touched rf2, automobilista, dirt etc for a few weeks now..perhaps I'm yearning for sequels to these awesome titles? I find myself playing super street fighter 2 turbo all the time now...I still love visiting the forum everyday and I'll purchase future dlcs..but is anybody here from the early access days losing interest as well?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Troubleshooting Losing Controls Profile! Nov 26, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Losing connection after exit the pitlane. Oct 31, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer Losing connection after 30 seconds Mar 30, 2023
    ACC Multiplayer invisible cars, game losing sync? Dec 19, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Fata Error when closing ACC - no hints in logs Sep 14, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Losing control of car on driver swap (multiplayer) Apr 24, 2022
    ACC Multiplayer CP servers losing connections second day Apr 6, 2022
    ACC PS4/PS5/XB1/XBX/S General Discussions xbox series s TMX wheel losing FFB Feb 23, 2022
    ACC Troubleshooting Game not closing properly Jul 31, 2021
    ACC Physics Car losing drive or spinning wheels, car seems to do burnout, no brake applied Apr 29, 2021
    ACC Troubleshooting How to make a fresh install without losing rating&lap times? Mar 25, 2021
    ACC Multiplayer Losing connection after some time in the menu Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Rating & Leaderboards Losing SA without incidents Feb 22, 2021
    ACC Physics Losing Tyre Pressure Nov 30, 2020
    ACC Multiplayer Lan Server closing after a few seconds Nov 21, 2020

3. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Quite the opposite. With each update I dig more into AC. I hardly play any other games at the moment and with about 900h of playing time AC has easily the lowest cost per hour regarding the purchasing price of the game + DLC. ;)

However, if you found other stuff that you like more at the moment enjoy that, because that's the important thing.
    Maybe at some point you'll come back to AC. :)

4. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

I'm playing AC since almost 3 years. In the past I had phases I didn't play AC for a while, because other things I enjoyed more.
    Of course each update and DLC brought me back, but ever since I'm active in the community (since around Red Pack DLC) I haven't had such phases of not playing AC any more. Especially finding good online servers is a big part of it.
    Before online I did hotlap, track days and races offline, now I'm mostly online. Offline only for cars that I just want to do some laps in, sometimes with AI cars for a track day.

But since quite some time now I didn't play any other games (excluding casual games on the phone/iPad), so as I reinstalled my OS half a year ago AC was the only game I installed and it still is the only game installed on my PC.

Tim Meuris and chksix like this.
  5. Fab85

Fab85 Hardcore Simmer

Mhhh no, it's a drug :D, after about 1700 h i wait every update like a baby since EA ;)

Mike1304 likes this.
  6. martcerv

martcerv Alien

For me AC is still going strong, if your not into race sims any more then that may explain it. Sequals of current titles will still be race sims but there is plenty of content and options in terms of race sims not just in AC but a few other good options. They aren't for everyone and some just want more or newer stuff while likely ever really using what they already have close to its potential.

Race sims to me are like driving real cars on track, I can never really get enough and can always improve myself. Sure more features and content is always welcome and advancement in sims in general. But just like you can take a car on a track you dont really need much more then a car and a track to kill lots of time and have fun doing it.

Tim Meuris, myimac and Schnipp like this.
  7. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I have had periods where I dont want to play racing games at all. Sometimes I dont want to play anything. Periods like that sucks but when you least expect it you want to play again. At least you enjoy other games so theres still hope. ;P

8. chakko

chakko Alien

Just like motorsport in general IMO. :) There are times where i have a couple of weeks, up to a couple of months breaks from sim racing though. But, i always come back at some point, and then it is really fun again.

Fab85 likes this.
  9. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

@op Nope, quite the opposite for me, and I joined the bandwaggon in 2014.
    Real life and other interests interfere quite a bit though.

However, I do not have any interest in the aspect of Assetto Corsa being a game, and I do not want it to entertain me.
    I just want to hop into the car and track I feel like at the time and enjoy myself in the immersion of driving and manhandling the car.
    Redlining it, changing down through the gears, blipping the engine, aiming for apexes, traversing corners, feeling the body of the car roll, I can do this for hours.

10. hazardic

hazardic Alien

can't get what are you talking here guys:D typically i have so little time to play ac so i try to use any small possibility to jump into my cockpit and play at least 30 min - so many intentions to do.. yet having an almost wife, full-time job and some duties i reaaly have a lack of time for play due my boring life:D more to tell - i can't view even still some old alms and wec broadcasts i have on my nas so your "losing interest" thing looks like a joke for me:D

11. chakko

chakko Alien

12. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

13. AlfaGunner

AlfaGunner Racer

Yes, its because it a sim, sim's are generally bland, boring and take a lot of concentration.

I find I am hardly playing nowa days, maybe 1 hour per week, you need to mix it up by playing other games. Playing just AC or any other sim becomes boring.

But its nice to come back to AC every now and then just for a spin.

14. DD_Friar

DD_Friar Simracer

I came to AC right from the beggining after having lost my flying mojo in IL2 Sturmovik having played for about 7 years....Now I have to fight off the urge to get the racing seat out and race and hardly fly at all, so it can happen I suppose, but for me, AC still has me hooked and wanting more, not necessarily more cars, I have only scrathed the surface (I never tend to drive road cars, just GT3 and the like) but the features that make this more than a game.

15. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Multiplayer gives a game longevity for me. Without decent MP AC would be the same as all other SP games on my HDD, play for a few weeks then bored and stop.
    Skins and testing/researching mods can add another element to the game as well.

Biner and Schnipp like this.
  16. Jebus

Jebus Alien

No fear of loosing my interest to AC, and AMS, until Reiza and Kunos brings something new.

17. Turk

Turk Alien

Nope. Now that I've got a proper sim rig setup I can race more than I did. With my last tabletop setup racing could be frustrating, and setting everything up could be a hassle that never felt right, now it's pretty straightforward and easy. With VR it's even better. I've completely lost interest in all other types of gaming.

My problem is finding time, by the time I get home from work and have the dinner it can be after 9pm. Sim racing can leave me a bit wired so it's often not a good idea to be racing up to 1am.

vegaguy 5555 likes this.
  18. TDS

TDS Alien

He is loosing Internerds? :D

19. Bo-Göran Larsson

Bo-Göran Larsson Hardcore Simmer

Without Rsr and multiplayer I would not had spend so much time. Two things that prolongs this racing game life from 1-2 years to 4-5 years. And then you have to consider if you buy this game from a gamers perspective or as a car lover with a passion for driving.

mantasisg 2 and Schnipp like this.
  20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

I usually have two four-months-long university semesters living away from my family. During that time I usually play very often. For the rest of the year when I'm home I tend to have lots of thins to entertain me, so I end up forgetting AC.

21. Tberg

Tberg Alien

I come here almost everyday, write an answer to a thread, but delete it 95% of the time. Anybody knows that story?

Yes, it feels like 5 years of AC doesn´t really bring much surprise anymore, even though it´s in the best shape ever. But, my rig is still always ready to race, if I want and if I got time.

petesky and bondyboy like this.