1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A.C. needs a Le Mans 24hrs dreampack.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lord Xaffax, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Visually it's pretty good, but it's layout is very inaccurate....

peksis, Rontti, Mogster and 2 others like this.
  2. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I would rather use the word expensive than overpriced.

Guido Trampe likes this.
  3. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek Alien

what's the point of 24h lemans if you can't do longer race then 12 hours ( no racing in night)
    Lemans - in my personal oppinion - is very boring track, and the flare of it just because of the history and the 24h racing,

for me personally, if you can't simulate the 24h lemans, it doesn't justify the $$$ needed to make it happen,
    in iRacing, I can see it making sense to buy it there, because it's matter of time when they will simulate 24h races on it, but in AC, I think it's better to spend $$$ elsewhere

4. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

I wouldn't go so far as saying it's "VERY" inaccurate at all because its not. The heart of its there thats for sure and its very enjoyable to lap

Cote Dazur likes this.
  5. The elevations and cambers are completely wrong....

6. TERRA21

TERRA21 Racer

fair point but hey its not a laserscanned masterpiece , its a dated conversion with a facelift . And im not one to nitpick about those small details. for whats it is its all good:)

Caleb Mils, bgil66 and Cote Dazur like this.
  7. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I agree with you. Even though I like LS tracks this track accuracy elitism is a self-made burdon of sim racers. Just go and enjoy it...not like you're practicing for a real race.
    If the track is nowhere close to RL with lenghts, turns etc. It's bad, of course.

Cote Dazur and TERRA21 like this.
  8. It's really not a burden, it's what keeps sim racing evolving for the better. If you stay content with something that could be better, it will never get better. The quality will never improve. Plus, isn't the entire point of sim racing to pretend you're practicing for a real race anyway? The only reason simulators have gotten better (and the whole reason they even exist) is because people have become more interested in replicating what they aren't able to do in real life (which in some cases is getting that little bit extra of practice time in before a real race).

It's like saying, "You know, I think rubber tires are nice and all, but wooden ones are just fine besides all of their disadvantages. Just enjoy them." There's a reason the LS tracks are one of the biggest selling points of AC and iRacing....

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

I dont see any interest in running a 24hr race in a sim and the number of people that would, would number less then enough to make a proper grid.

Driver swaps etc, I personally see no point in either because after all I want to drive and not watch others doing it, there seems to be a group of people that wants this though but surely not a large amount. There arent even enough people around that to run 1-3 hr races which you can drive all on your own, and if there is a bunch of people that would want to run full eunduro's then we should have no issue getting high quality grids for 2hr races and everyone gets to drive.

Le mans itself as a track I find boring, I think the biggest challenge in running an enduro at this track is being able to stay awake while behind the wheel. ;)

Ace Pumpkin and etukeno like this.
  10. hazardic

hazardic Alien

Le mans could be great. I remember me playing Le Mans 24h, I finished all modes except true 24h - I have only done about 13h, and then I decided not to waste my time anymore. Of course, my choice was bmw v12 lmr, it was a true car of win.
    But this doesn't take a fact for me, that actually le sarthe is quite boring - turn, long straight, again turn, again long straight, etc.. it's challenging only in terms of endurance. Yes, many drivers spin and crashes here, but mostly due to high velocity. Sure, the driver should be experienced enough to participate here, but I always had a feeling, that le mans was always overreacted. Spa 24h is more challenging, and adac 24h is the most challenging event imo

11. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

LeMans is a great track from the emotional side, but very boring to drive.

I would prefer a british track pack with 3-4 tracks than one expensive LeMans. Sure it would be great to drive in LeMans but this track could be very boring in multiplayer sessions. So shorter tracks for nice 10 lap racing would make more fun than a 13km long high speed track.

12. Jebus

Jebus Alien

As long as there's no all rules for multiclass endurance racing and no night there's no point to get an expensive license for de la Sarthe. Single class sprint races at that track are boring imo.

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I don't see the point you made with that massive exaggeration "wooden tyres".
    Let's try again: if there's a good enough representation (that is subjective, for sure) it's a self-made burden if an AC user says: "I'd love to race at LeMans but this banking is not 100% spot on and that I simply can't accept!" and therefore chooses to not use the otherwise good track, at all.
    Using an inaccurate track doesn't mean that one is content with it and it will not get better. You can also see the opposite effect: people thanking the modder for the good work and pointing out the points of improvement so he can pick up on it.
    You can see sim racing as pretending to practice for RL but I personally don't feel that way. For me it's competing with other racers what matters and slight track inaccuracies are not doing this any harm whatsoever.

bgil66 and Cote Dazur like this.
  14. Fonsecker

Fonsecker Alien

That´s why i like Zandfoort. Sure it is not laserscanned but well made and makes a lot of fun even if it is not laserscanned and 100% accurate.

15. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

The full Le Mans track makes the most sense with prototypes (of which more and more are coming to AC of course) and endurance racing features - day/night cycle, dynamic weather, wear and tear (!), pit stop managements (!) - those are the things that really make this circuit and any 24hr races a challenge beyond driving around a circuit for a long stint - and which are obviously the most difficult to replicate in a game. Le Mans still is relatively fun to race on in AC (as the mod shows, even if it's not accurate) but it obviously lacks that kind of challenge and that's why I personally would rather like to see other circuits being implemented before Le Mans, unless Kunos changed their mind about endurance racing in AC. It's also probably not only an expensive licence but also a lot of work considering the size of the venue. But of course, Le Mans would be a big name for marketing. And if we're really getting it I wouldn't complain - AC needs more locations.

Fanapryde likes this.
  16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

LeMans is not so boring as soon as there are lots of cars and you are really going for it. Especially old LeMans like 70s. Trying to make fastest possible exits and nail braking points, hunt for slipstreams stay on the road... makes it exciting. Of all tracks I find LeMans hardest to get close to real life record lap times. Hard to reach limits there.

Night and rain, which would be necessary for this event to simulate. But even more importantly there should be proper simulation of various mechanical endurance features: engine overheating, burning clutch, wearing out brakes. Now it is maybe sensible to do 2-4hours of LeMans in AC.

17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

I am one of those "few" who enjoy racing on circuit de la Sartre. It is not "missing" in AC since we have a very enjoyable version that Tiago graciously shared with all of us. Thanks to many other modder we also have a lot of LM cars content to drive around it
    I have had a few races online with the C9 and it was a lot of fun. I have a hard time understanding how someone will find the C9 boring at Lemans!
    It would be great to see less servers with the Nords( that I find boring to race on) and more MP action at la Sartre.

18. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

I'd sooo kill for that.

As others have said, we have a Le Mans track. But we don't have a car set (either complete or historic). pCARS is doing modern LMP, but there's no other sim right now doing historic sports cars. So the cars above, it would be a quite unique selling point. AND there were the 1000km of Spa, 1000km of Monza... so these cars would fit on historic tracks, inside daytime windows (no need for nighttime support).

19. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

If I'll ever dare to nerdly commit myself for a 24h simulated race, I'm quite sure that the day after I would have some difficulties opening home's door...

20. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

To make a proper 24h sim you'd need time-accelerated virtual co-drivers, randomness of technical problems, endurance/wear rates of hardware pieces and the ability to save at any point (or at least during the fuel stops).