1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A.C. needs a Le Mans 24hrs dreampack.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lord Xaffax, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Real drivers do 24 hour races in stints distributed between several drivers. Nobody is asking to be able to drive in a sim for 24 hours straight.

Driver changes as well as saving races to resume later are yet another two things required for endurance racing that will not be implemented according to Stefano, so this will never happen.

2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

That could be nice idea to save race during pitstop, and later continue, lets say two years later :D

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  3. Glaurung

Glaurung Hardcore Simmer

Oh, really?
    Reality could be so disappointing..
    :rolleyes:

4. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Care to elaborate on that?

5. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

What do you mean? Saving races? :/

6. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

While i wont disagree that Tiago's version is great n all, But to say its up to Kunos quality is not the case at all....sorry to say, but you've obviously not turned many laps around LeMans, There's slivers all over the place when Tiago started to play with kerb heights and placement. As i understood it, Changing the actual Physical layout is Not possible at this stage and therefor the small stretching the squeezing that happened on the latest version caused a few of these issues that Tiago doesn't have the time or effort to fix and I 100% agree with him, Its good enough.

Saving races.....errr, No thanks....Why not just make a rewind button like the real Arcade games....>Seriously think what the "simulation experts" would say about that....Oh man i can already hear the guys screaming Simcade from the rooftops....lol

7. Vel

Vel Simracer

8. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

I think you guys know exactly how that was meant...

Either way, endurance racing won't be happening, not even in singleplayer... I don't like it but I've come to terms with and respect that decision.

9. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Edit... Vel beat me to it

10. GCCRacer

GCCRacer Simracer

Not as if I'd care about people who define their selfworth online by how "hardcore" they play a racing game... I can find quite a few faults in how RF2 implements replays, but their "continue from replay" feature is actually pretty useful for this kind of thing.

aphidgod and Mogster like this.
  11. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You never played GTL or GTR2, right?

12. kofotsjanne

kofotsjanne Alien

I did, but I dont know what that have to do with anything. Are we simulating real life or GTL/GTR2?

13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's not a simulation of real life.

It's a simulation of some aspects of real life.
    Or do you request now that every sim racer gets his own mechanical stuff, box crew etc.?

The saving functionality in GTL/GTR2 was very useful for long races.
    e.g. I drove the 24h of Spa in the Saleen once, but over maybe 2 weeks.
    If there was no save function, I wouldn't have done that, period.

Ok, it turned out to be 18h rather than 24h, since my engine blew up (despite being gentle on the throttle and setting the rev limit to the lowest possible setting), but it still was quite a challenge even though I didn't do it in one piece.

14. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Funny that I participated in a 24h Le Mans Race last weekend. From the community I mainly race with we were 12 people, resulting in 3 teams. Driver change was made with steam family sharing and fixed pit window of 4 minutes. And man that was a blast and one of my best AC experiences. All the preperation together with skin making, training, setup creation and then surviving this 24 hours. Can only advice everybody to try that.

15. Lord Xaffax

Lord Xaffax Rookie

Allright I started this thread, and what a response. :)

I agree that it would be great to have day and night, changing weather and trackconditions, damage models and repair-time accordingly and so on. As a matter of fact I wouldn't mind paying for a night/day/weather dream pack because it is probably going to take a lot of work and you can't expect them to work for nothing. But you can't have everything.
    Still, even if we don't have everything to simulate a perfect 24hrs, it would be nice to have a high quality laser scanned version to get some idea what it is like.

I think what makes Le Mans stick out as a track is the high speeds you can hit at many places on the track. I understand why they did put the two chicanes in the Mulsanne straight because the speeds they reached made the risk unacceptable and people would have died. But in the virtual world there is no real need for them, and when they are gone I don't think there is a circuit with a longer straight anywhere. The biggest kick is maxing out your car and then get it down again to almost zero without crashing or losing too much time in a race. Le Mans is the best track for that.

I don't agree it would be better to have three smaller tracks instead of Le Mans. Suzuka, Laguna Seca, Monaco and Bathurst are also great and important tracks but Le Mans is more important in my opinion.

16. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

What is completly mistake from Kunos was bring C9 Le Mans version without the track La Sarthe. The car is so slow on corners

miky likes this.
  17. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Hm. In my experience with the right setup it's as quick around smaller twisty circuits as the GTE/GT3 cars and it's mighty fast around the Nordschleife. If you want some high-speed circuits try Monza 1966 or the nice Circuit de la Sarthe mod.

Also... unless they actually got the Le Mans licence and implemented the circuit already we'll probably see the 787B, R18, TS040 and 919 hybrid (plus probably 917/956/962) all before/without Le Mans. Don't see the issue with it personally.

18. Chazz Ranger

Chazz Ranger Alien

You can't have this at all, actually. As has been stated repeatedly throughout this forum's history, proper day/night cycle and weather (outside of the current selection of "weather" options that are just variations of environmental light, color and clouds) can't/won't happen with the limitations to AC's engine, and has been a point of contention on here for many years. So if you're hoping for a Circuit de la Sarthe you can run a quasi-realistic LeMans 24h on, you're out of luck I'm afraid :(

As for better damage models and realistic repair time, here's hoping those improvements are on the way!

19. Mogster

Mogster Alien

LMPs have always raced at other tracks than Le Mans, Kunos releasing Mulsanne special versions like the C9 is a bit daft though.

20. without a proper 24h simulation i don't see myself needing lemans, much prefer other tracks.!