1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A.C. needs a Le Mans 24hrs dreampack.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lord Xaffax, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You would still need a permission to do that, because of IP and copyright.

2. i don't need a Le mans pack if i can't do endurance races properly

3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

it just about supports my assumption though, if only by a little... that non LS Zandvoort is more popular than an LS track with equivalent grid size.

I guess all the tracks that have multiple layouts skew the result a bit as well?

Thanks for taking the time to post that :)

4. chakko

chakko Alien

I doubt that you'd need a permission to take a look, and then try to model specific parts of your track according to that look.

5. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

You don't need permission to look at it, but if you take that knowledge to adjust your own project, then it's a derived project and you need permission.
    That's how it works with copyright and IP.

6. TDS

TDS Alien

Le Moms (MILF Layout) pls.
    my joke 0f the day
    Enjoy
    :p

7. chakko

chakko Alien

Ok, fair enough. Still i think it would be careless to not at least take a look, and try to adjust your track accordingly. Noone can forbid you to take a look. ;) It is another thing than blatantly copying something.

8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

But then, Le Mans is a public road (at least most of it), so you could also just go there with your own car and take pictures / measurements / ride. ;)
    It's the better and more realistic reference. :D

9. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Not gonna happen 100% for sure......having spoken to Tiago about this in Lengths, Its just NOT do able Without Insane amounts of time and effort on his part.

So in the end, Forget it and Hope that Kunos scores the license in the near future.

10. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Very unlikely.

Stefano (or was it Marco?) said on the stream that he doesn't think licensing Le Mans would make sense without integrating all of the other stuff required for endurance races.
    And since that doesn't seem to be a high priority …

11. chakko

chakko Alien

I can understand the reasoning. Well, at least we have the mod track. Good enough for me, at least at the moment. :)

12. Nick Moxley

Nick Moxley Alien

Until they say 100% Unequivocally NO Its NOT going to happen, Its always a possibility.

13. pollinho123

pollinho123 Simracer

Another big reason that was mentioned back then was that the license for the Circuit de la Sarthe is quite expensive.

Then again with all the talk that they need big track names in order to sell well I think Le Mans would be a good alternative :rolleyes:

I still don't think that will happen. After all it's also an incredibly long track and even though the Nordschleife is even longer it is propably easier to just take a different track and there are quite a few iconic ones to choose from, even if they might not be as iconic as LM24

Would still be cool, especially with all the LMPs that are announced. Yeah, they can be driven on Spa, Silverstone, Nürburgring GP, but they are engineered for Le Mans.

14. Le Mans would be a waste of space in Assetto Corsa. A bit like Bathurst, or a large number of historic tracks.

** puts on Kevlar vest and body armour **

15. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, it took a bit of time for the Nordschleife as well.

So, there is hope for you. ;)

mESCx likes this.
  16. chakko

chakko Alien

I agree though. Bathurst is a waste of space. In any sim. :D Just kidding, right, each to his like. Le Mans is surprisingly fun though, at least with the right car. And i say that as a Le Mans 24 hours grouch. I never really liked it, and always fell asleep after 2 hours (just to wake up 5 minutes before the end, and watched the first car roll in, 5 laps ahead of the other ones...). ;) Classic track and event though.

17. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

I can't agree more !

18. I have heard 100% unequivocally that NO it's not going to happen.

19. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Lamborghini was also a big NO back when people would always make guess threads about the Vallelunga billboard. We saw how that ended up.

20. TomSc

TomSc Gamer

I'd be happy with just a way to make the AI pit consistently

Michael Hornbuckle likes this.