1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

A.C. needs a Le Mans 24hrs dreampack.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Lord Xaffax, Jul 4, 2016.

1. ouvert

ouvert Alien

I get that people want 24h lemans or Nords or whatever but for AC it makes no sense ..

However I wouldn`t mind for some of current sims to bring back saving mid race .. I know you can do it in rF2 via replays ..

2. chakko

chakko Alien

Indeed. I had quite some fun practicing with the McLaren F1 GTR on it, awesome combo. :) I was a bit surprised that there was no online server hosted with this track though, or did i miss something?

3. Tiago's face-lifted version is indeed pretty bad layout-wise. The "proper" track, on iR, is actually surprisingly fun.

And about people being interested in 24hrs races... well unfortunately it's AC. On iR there are a few hundred people (actually, make that a few hundred teams) who seem to enjoy it. Good fun.

4. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

But I don't want to drive in iRacing …

TERRA21 likes this.
  5. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Le Mans is probably not gonna happen in AC and personally I'd prefer many other circuits which fit better for a wide range of vehicles (Oulton, Road America for example).
    LM is imo boring in slower cars. So...if you really want to have the laserscanned thing, Iracing is the way.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Personally, I don't care too much about a track being laser-scanned or not. Yes, it's a nice thing to have and on some tracks (e.g. Nordschleife) an absolute must-have.
    But I think that Kunos have driven themselves a bit to the edge with this strategy, because having most tracks laser-scanned does of course mean that they are top-notch quality, but it also means that people are complaining a lot if you do anything different.
    Thanks, but no.

7. fbiehne

fbiehne Hardcore Simmer

Fair enough.
    I also think that laserscanning isn’t a must-have, in my opinion they also could build non-laserscanned tracks and they still would be great.
    However Zandvoort likely had an impact on them because many people complained that it was not laserscanned. Sad thing. The track itself is still top quality.

Regarding Iracing: it’s great for online racing, that’s why I’m using it. I prefer AC physics and overall feel, but the mp racing on an hourly basis is only to be found in Iracing.

8. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I wish they would do a proper test of non LS tracks. Buy 1 of the well made track mods and sell it on its own or with a DLC. I wonder how licensing works if the place doesnt exist anymore like RIR?

I dont know how expensive licensing is but would be surprised if they didnt sell enough to cover their costs.

I think they would have to be very clear to customers that it isnt LS though and could focus on tracks that cant be laser scanned.

I hope there were other reasons beside forum noise to stop this method of bringing tracks, people complain about everything :p free cars, road cars, race cars, multiplayer, singleplayer etc etc as it is now some people buy DLC some dont. I don't think non LS track DLC would be any different and tracks that cant be scanned anymore shouldnt damage Kunos reputation for LS as it isnt an option for these.

I think a lot of the noise after Zandvoort was because the community assumed it would be LS, Kunos should have made it clear from the start that it was not.

Shame Zandvoort only has 18 pit boxes though, I dont host it very often because of this.

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Yes, clear communication does help, but only to some degree.

There will always be the muppets that just don't read properly and assume that because just about everything so far was laser-scanned that everything coming must be laser-scanned as well.
    And then complain.

I would totally agree that licensed, non-laser-scanned tracks in a dedicated DLC would be a very good addition.
    (Don't care if it's mods that were made official or if the tracks were made from scratch. Doesn't matter too much from Kunos side either, as far as I understood.)
    I just wish they would increase the rate and number at which tracks are released. Especially for those tracks where no good mod exists.
    But both Stefano and Marco communicated quite clearly that this is not going to happen. :(

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

IIRC they also said it was because of the uproar which I do find a little odd. Im sure a lot of that noise was because during the build up the community had assumed it would be LS.

I wonder if @GC Jaye has stats for Magione and Zandvoort usage online from Zandvoort release to now. They both have 18 pit boxes and I assume Magione is LS.

11. McGraw

McGraw Racer

I'm happy to run pcars just for Le Mans as it has day/night cycle.

12. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

I wish nobody would have asked if Zandwoort was LS, and it would have been revealed few days after. It would have been interesting for devs to read forums, and watch if anybody has any doubts about it not being LS. :D

That pack was very well welcomed. So much good racing in multiplayer...

Tino66 likes this.
  13. Eugor

Eugor Hardcore Simmer

You can pretty much guarantee that people who have a lot of time on laser scanned versions would have figured it out eventually. I can't remember for sure, but I believe people speculated that it wasn't and then Kunos came out and said it was the case.

14. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Well, the usage always depends on the name. Both Magione and Zandvoort aren't the biggest names in this business.
    Thus, they're not used that often. It's sad (although, personally I hate Magione), but that's how it is. It's also the reason why we'll get Laguna Seca as the next track, because it's a big and popular track.
    I've just driven it a few days ago in R3E and still think it's a rather dull track apart from the corkscrew.
    I've also driven Le Mans in the C9 on sunday. I had 0 laps on Le Mans in AC before and only a handful in other games and I have to say that I rather like it.
    Sure, I wouldn't want to drive it in a Fiat 500, but in the C9 it was quite cool. I especially like the part from T13 to T18.
    The Sauber was too slow though, I couldn't reach 400 km/h as they did IRL back then. (With 0 rear wing and 100% boost.)
    The AI was a real danger, though. I had C9s, but also slower cars like the GTA and the 90's DTM cars running there and passing them at 370 km/h when they were driving in the middle of the track (like stupid AI cars do) was always a bit of a gamble.
    Especially if they suddenly decide to overtake each other.

The only track that always surprises me is Mugello. Ok, it's sort of popular due to being related to Ferrari, but it's still not a big name.
    Yet it's quite often featured in online sessions.

15. I really don't understand why this has not been sorted out by now. I guess it must be more difficult to add another 6 pit boxes than I imagine o_O

16. Epistolarius

Epistolarius Alien

Uh. Circuit Park Zandvoort has a fairly long and rich history as racing circuit. Just because F1 doesn't race there anymore doesn't mean it's unknown. Really don't see how Laguna Seca is supposedly more popular - in the USA maybe. Magione is one of the tracks located closest to Kunos, I think it's awesome that the circuit gets attention through the game. And believe it or not it is one of my favourite tracks, I just wished it was a bit longer. It might not feature fancy rollercoaster turns but it takes practice and skill to be fast with faster cars on that tight circuit, you have to trust the car and it's satisfying when you 'get' it. And Mugello isn't really unknown either since it's a popular F1 test track and MotoGP venue. Also one of my favourites that takes a good bit of practice to get right.

17. chakko

chakko Alien

Me neither. :D

I must admit i bought Le Mans in iRacing though. But, guess what, i didn't even try it out yet! I'm not very familiar with the real track anyway. I just can say it was quite a lot of fun with the McLaren F1 GTR in AC. Maybe someone should work it over, now that a more accurate and laser scanned version is available.

18. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I doubt that you would get the permission to convert it from iRacing to AC.

And without a permission, it's a No-Go.

19. chakko

chakko Alien

Not talking about a total conversion, just to compare, and work over a couple of parts which maybe aren't as accurate as they should be. A conversion would rather mean that you create a new track anyway. And the track already is a conversion of a rFactor track anyway, i think.

20. Jaye

Jaye Alien

Magione: 27 servers
    Zandvoort: 29 servers
    But out of 1011 servers...

Screenshot_20161018-142448~2.png

I've got only livedata for track usages, so no deeper info on which attracts more players.

Andy-R likes this.