1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

a grand AI update?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by MsportDAN, May 10, 2017.

1. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

hiya guys.

hope all's well here in the land of ac. Haven't been here for a while or played the game, which is a shame.

but just been on the raceroom assetto corsa thread there, and I read something about a grand Ai update to make multi class racing work.

to my surprise I was Initially delighted, but I thought hey this could be just a crap *** rumour.

so here I am asking the crowd that would know.

is it true?

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC Graphics - Tracks and Cars Grand stand crowd Nov 29, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 194 – Grand Touring in the park Aug 29, 2020
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap Challenge 191 - 70th Anniversary Formula 1 Grand Prix Challenge and dusk, in the land Aug 8, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC/ACC: Virtual Grand Prix] Jan 19, 2020
    Online Leagues / Championships room [AC GPL Mod] Grand Prix Legends Grand Prix League, the return! (from January) Dec 17, 2018
    ACC Gameplay Could we ask for an option to reduce/turn off crowd on grandstands? Nov 2, 2018
    Console Lounge Weekly Hotlap #98 - Grand Prix Legend Sep 30, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Grand Prix Legends appreciation thread Mar 6, 2018
    Chit Chat Room Grand Prix Driver Feb 11, 2018
    Chit Chat Room The Grand Tour Season 2 - 8th December. Trailer Nov 4, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Donington Park Grand Prix Circuit 1938 0.9 Sep 21, 2017
    Chit Chat Room 50's and older grand prix cars licensing Jul 6, 2017
    Chit Chat Room Grand Prix movie 50th Anniversary! Dec 21, 2016
    Chit Chat Room 1906 Le Mans Grand Prix Oct 8, 2016
    Chit Chat Room The Grand Tour - New Top Gear starts Nov 18th Sep 16, 2016

3. There was a lot of work and new things added to the AI for next update yes.. beta feedback are good but whether or not it can be defined "grand" is up to the users to decide after the update is released.

Typer, digitizer, Xenix and 21 others like this.
  4. MsportDAN

MsportDAN Alien

Stefano that's awesome to hear I'm happy about that. Thank you ever so much for answering me and sorry if its a repeat topic post. I think the grand word use, is from a bad translation from the poster. Ha. Probably meant big.

dan

5. Turk

Turk Alien

In Ireland "grand" means acceptable/ok. As long as it doesn't make things worse it will be grand by my standards.

6. TIL

So in Ireland.. Grand Slam = acceptable Slam? :p Well Steffi Graff you did "ok", pretty acceptable :D

7. Gevatter

Gevatter Alien

So that's the reason there is not Formula 1 in Ireland... "The acceptable Prize of Ireland" :p

8. acceptable

[​IMG]

ok ok I will stop :D

GCCRacer, Coanda, GhostMan and 13 others like this.
  9. lol, it can be used similarly in Scotland too - "yes thats fine", could be replaced with "aye thats grand".

So the AI is already grand. :)

bondyboy, Turk and IgnacioKotas like this.
  10. norbs

norbs Alien

My eyes!! That is some GRAND HDR.

Coanda and Ace Pumpkin like this.
  11. norbs

norbs Alien

Oh, and grand in Australia is $1000 :D

Coanda and Salajutsu like this.
  12. John Gordon

John Gordon Hardcore Simmer

You forgot the obvious "Acceptable Prix". Could mean many things!

13. plaid

plaid Alien

Multiclass is cool, but does it also mean the grid sizes will grow/AI cars will be less heavy on the CPU (at least high end ones) somewhere in the future?
    I don't think it would be useless otherwise, but the potential of the feature would be somehow limited.

Also thinking about endurance races I hope the AI will pit for tires.

All of these things could add more depth and variety to a sim - more than rain and especially night imo.

14. Turk

Turk Alien

Sure, tis only a hole in the ground, no need to be getting excited about it.

15. mms

mms Alien

That's actually the Horseshoe Bend / Glen Canyon, you should take a visit in Google Earth VR, pretty impressive place, err...acceptable :p

16. ****.. google failed me :D

Gevatter, IgnacioKotas and mms like this.
  17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

I haven't been able to race with the hypercars on Nordschleife for a long time because they always go too fast at flugplatz and crash on the left side wall. After that is possible they crash somewhere else but I didn't test since the first one is already too damaging for the car. This influences the special event Hypercar Battle.
    Then there's a technical issue, maybe with the AI line, at black cat county standard where the street cars crash on the right side wall before the first corner. It affects the special event Into the Canyon.

This you already know of, at Spa eau rouge they slow down too much and easy overtakes on the straight. Maybe the AI line problem that needs to be more straight and not curved. At Mugello at the small S curves before the last corner the GT3 cars repeatedly brake without need and then are easily overtaken every time.

18. ya I managed to hack a fix for that one as well. .it's an ugly ugly hack but it seems to work

19. myimac

myimac Alien

Did you manage to fix the black cat county AI line? They hit the wall on the right.

20. yep that one too

Kopiller, Typer, St3fan and 1 other person like this.
  21. myimac

myimac Alien

All hail Lord of the AI