1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ALOOG 1 - Public Server - MR[A] - Planning & Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andy-R, Jun 26, 2015.

1. No significant improvement in pace, although I kept the car on the track a lot better. The best lap time I managed was 1:00.060, but that was half a second quicker than any of the (estimated 30) other laps that I completed. I think the problem I have with the car is that I am not the kind of driver that likes to "make the steering wheel dance " (for want of a better term). Nevertheless, it does puzzle me how so many drivers got into the 59s last night, and yet I seem unable to do so....

Andy-R likes this.
  2. dauntless

dauntless Alien

I'll be there later but I need to download the track first and I'm getting pretty horrible download speeds from mega...

e: nah the download bugged, I doubt I can make it.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
    Andy-R likes this.
  3. Decided to race the Toyota GT86 @ Mugello and Fiat Abarth 500 Assetto Corse @ Nurburgring Sprint today. I was much more competitive in those two. Unfortunately, I was sharing the track with inmates from London Zoo :(

offcorsa likes this.
  4. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Any plan for tonight?
    May I suggest the Porsche 550 Mod on Magione?

LeDude83 likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

no plan, I will let the Dude sort it out (if hes racing and wants to)

your choice is fine by me. that car is already on the server afaik unless its had a recent update. id quite like to run the updated Doni at some point... maybe I will wait till he rolls out the surface update though.

I need to say it again, I REALLY like the L25 at Aosta Semi Oval!!!!! thanks to those that came and had a go. Henri is too fast in that car, I didnt care though :D I could drive that all day on my own. Simple mind simple pleasure :D

LeDude83 likes this.
  6. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yes, it's a great combo. But with only four very quick guys I was hopelessly lost. :(

Andy-R likes this.
  7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

yeah, shame it was quiet. full grid would have been epic!!

8. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

It's noted and can be put up to vote for next mod combo. Tonight I want to stick with vanilla content, though to start the week with a strong population ;-)

Three voting posts will follow...

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  9. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Like this post if you want tonight's combo to be:

Lamborghini Countach vs BMW M3 E92 at Magione.

10. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

BMW M3 E30 vs GT86 at Vallalunga Club.

Mogonaut likes this.
  11. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Formula Abarth at Mugello.

12. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

would vote if I knew which tyres for the 1st 2 options

13. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

1) Semis on the Lambo and streets on the M3 IIRW and 2) whatever you had last time at BH Indy.

14. I would have thought you would need the same tyres on both cars for them to be competitive with each other.

15. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

I need to check on my combo database at home...Lambo on semis for sure.

16. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

I would have thought lambo streets e92 semi. the cars change pace with updates so often its hard to say though.

it used to destroy the evora which in turn would beat the m3. not sure on current build though

17. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Changed server according to community voting: BMW M3 E92 vs Countach at Magione. Both cars on semislicks.

Will now assemble new PSU and GPU :-D

esox71, Andy-R and Ricky Reject like this.
  18. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

nice! 970? fingers crossed it solves your issue

esox71 and LeDude83 like this.
  19. LeDude83

LeDude83 Alien

Yes, mate – 970. I went for the MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G since I read in some tests that it stays very cold (65° under full load) and doesn’t feature ringing coils like the Pallit versions, e.g. The ASUS Strix as suggested by Esox are also known to be good and stable.

There was a classical concert last night in my favourite pub – Mendelssohn, Schumann and Beethoven piano sonatas. Of course I couldn’t resist driving after that and spent some 2 late night hours on various servers. The performance boost is obvious – 970 has 50 % more grunt than the 770 so I can activate pp at medium and the FPS stay locked at 60 with ~90 % GPU usage. Now I’m looking for good pp settings, the “default” or “none” preset don’t look too good IMO

One thing’s for sure: with GPUs I’ll always buy the extended warranty option from now on. 2 additional years for 30 € is something I’m very happy with. Will also greatly boost the 2nd hand price once I’ll upgrade to the 1070 ;-)

I also ended up buying a new Corsair PSU with 750 W and 80 Plus Gold efficienc and a new case because old one would rattle and wasn’t too spacious.

Before I changed the components I did the RAM check and it was passed so it wasn’t that I think. So the last thing to check is the PSU – if 770 performs well and stable with new PSU it’s alright and will go on eBay.

On topic: If you fancy anything special for tonight’s combo let me know. otherwise I’ll leave it as is.

Andy-R likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

glad to hear the new stuff is working well. you bought the same card I did :p
    msi gtx970 here also.

I like default and evolution pp filters. I tend to play with saturation and brightness mostly. it can make the scenery look a bit bland but atleast the cars look less cartoony with lower saturation

LeDude83 likes this.