1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

ALOOG 1 - Public Server - MR[A] - Planning & Chat

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by Andy-R, Jun 26, 2015.

1. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

How are you going to drive the 908 in 1962 though? :eek::p

I have to say, awesome flyer with the GT40.

pctm and Andy-R like this.
  2. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Mantas Isganaitis - Porsche 908LH

A little bit more than 6hours till qualifying starts !

V8_KB and Andy-R like this.
  3. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

In case anyone gets lost.
    [​IMG]

BTW if you are reading this and haven't signed up yet we would love you to join in. You don't have to be fast, you just need to be a fair racer and be in control of your car.
    Any unknown players that join last minute without setting a qualifying time may be removed from the server before race start, this is not an event for first corner heroes.

mantasisg 2, pctm and V8_KB like this.
  4. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Where I could find a place to take few hours nap till race begins ? :D

Andy-R likes this.
  5. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

LeiF, V8_KB and pctm like this.
  6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

@andy-riches or @V8_KB: if it's not too late, I'd like to have the pctm_31 skin for my 908. ;)
    GUID: 76561197991300845

7. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

done :)

Berniyh likes this.
  8. steve1684

steve1684 Gamer

Alfa Romeo GTA (91_Raucci)

Andy-R likes this.
  9. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

done :)

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Practice has started :)

V8_KB and LeiF like this.
  11. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Great fun tonight. Thanks everyone that took part! Well done to Tim C for taking the O2L trophy in his Ford GT40 and grats to Steve for winning the U2L class :D

I got it all wrong but somehow it was still great fun. Before my pitstop I was coming back through the traffic having messed up the start. Got the pit stop all wrong (didn't think about the fact I can only add 65Ltr with an empty tank) and had to find 5 laps of fuel from somewhere which, although not as fun as all out racing, made the 2nd half of the race quite interesting as well :p

I'd love to have a step -1 version of the XJ13 in 445bhp mode and an updated Fulvia to flesh out these classes a bit :D :D

Results

results.jpg

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    mantasisg 2 and pctm like this.
  12. pctm

pctm Hardcore Simmer

^yep great fun...well done everyone and grats to tim and steve!
    and thanks to andy for getting it setup.

Andy-R likes this.
  13. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Provisional date for the next special event 27-05-2017
    ...Now we just have to decide what to do :D

Tomorrow will probably be another hillclimb/time attack and/or cruise again. Same place as last Sunday but some different machines.

pctm likes this.
  14. Mathieu Labbé

Mathieu Labbé Hardcore Simmer

Thanks for organizing the event, and that was a tough one! Didn't have much time to tweak the car so I ended up driving a way to tight car for way too long ;) Spun twice and hit the damn wall before the finish line, twice too... Congrats to Tim for the win and pctm for the fastest lap!

pctm and Andy-R like this.
  15. That a great event!
    I was lucky to be able to join since AC wouldn't boot for about an hour or so befoire that. Tried checking for invalidated files, deleting config files, reinstalling the game, ... It just wouldn't go past the very first screen with the AC logo you see and just hung there.
    Turned out that WIN10 just couldn't "read" or "see" my wheel. Opening the gaming devices menu also wouldn't work and instead of the way the T300RS usually boots, it did something different now. (And it wasn't on PS4 mode :p).

Regardless, a reboot did fix it and I was lucky to join with 45min of practice left which I sorely needed after not having driven the car since my initial practice session. Turns out, I kinda like that Ford GT40 and the way it drives :D

pctm was always a bit quicker in Q so only managed P2 on the grid but it made the first couple of laps alot more fun chasing a cool Porsche prototype. After a couple of laps of riding pctm's rear end he made a little mistake on the exit of the last corner and I managed to put the power down and slip through on the inside.
    After the pass I needed a couple of laps to get into my own rythm without making stupid mistakes but managed to make a little bit of a gap. Had a couple of semi spins in the downhill hairpin which both cost me about 1s but overall the rest of the race was pretty standard just managing the gap and not overdriving the car :)

16. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Was a damage turned down ? People were spinning out, crashing into a walls, and they were still fast. I also started to abuse 908LH gearbox towards theend, and noticed that it doesn't really accumulate much damage.

Was way too careful at the last turn, and made really slow pitstop, possibly added way too much fuel, I bet I could have catched you @V8_KB :D But I had to really push at the last laps because @Berniyh was closing the gap really rapidly.

I haven't really made any mistake, except probably being too slow lol Failing at the last turn alone so much... I don't understand it, I try to brake late get close to the wall, and then exit as straight as possible, but it is very hard to do, the white wall at the grid by S/F line is so tricky many times almost crashed into it. Last turn though wasn't scary at all, because of being way too slow :D

Seems like crashing and spinning out wasn't as punishing as i would have guessed.

Thank you for event. Next time I hope more people would enter with slower class cars, Steve actually had really good pace, as he has fastest lap with Alpha. I think Steve was way too kind for us with faster class cars.

17. The last corner really needed a specific 2nd apex to get a good exit. And the curb on the inside there is very confusing because its nowhere near the actual 2nd apex you're supposed to take, its like 4-5meters after the curb stops that you have to apex.
    And you can use the Budweiser sign on the outside to decide when to turn it. I found out that coming up just next to the wall when that big white sign starts and turnin again when it ends, it felt pretty much spot on.

mantasisg 2 likes this.
  18. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

It was horrible right from the start. RHM that wasn't working when I started in practice, then when I finally got it working, gpu driver crashed after 2 laps.

Qualified 5th, couldn't improve my time even when the grip was higher and when I tried "Q setup" - shorter gears and max rev limiter. Still not bad being 0.1 or so off Jouko, so I take it.

Race start, Andy in front goes off in the esses, something I was scared of myself, because that's what happened when I tested race starts with AI. Mathieu sneaked in in his 908 in the meantime so I was still 5th. Somewhere around 2nd, 3rd lap I spun, I think twice. Dead last, probably around 20s behind the next two cars (think berniyh and Mantas). I had apps off so didn't know what's the relative pace, but when I was on exiting the tight right after the esses, the two in front were already in the middle of left-right before the back straight and I could see that I'm closing the gap with each lap.
    Lap 24, 3 laps to pit, I'm now around 2s behind Mantas (@Berniyh disappeared at some point?), exit from the right after esses, rear left clips the grass....... I'm miles behind again, I really wanted to quit at that point.

What I don't get is how I finished 5th if Leif was the only driver that I passed on track, before pitstop. :D

Class act from Steve, often using the "shortcut" from the esses to the right hander, or slowing down on straights even though there's enough speed difference between cars.

Hopefully next one will be better.

Something I didn't mention in the chat after the race, incredible pace in the GT40 @Tim Claessens, can't see myself going below 1:24.

19. mantasisg 2

mantasisg 2 Alien

Yeah I found positions being weird too... I have had no idea how I got into 9th place at some point, and how @Berniyh got so much further from me when before pitstop I was in front, I must have made horrible pitstop.

Berniyh once was very close to me and disappeared at around 10-20lap, I was not sure if he crashed or went for early pitstop.

@LeiF spun, I have passed him, and after pitstop I found him miles ahead again :D

TBH at some point I was starting to loose competition spirit and my laps slowed down about 1s... But 908LH is so lovely to drive.

Thanks for the tip @Tim Claessens I'll look for that sign next time, I can't remember if I ever noticed it, that mega hairpin is large and hard to time exit, that sign should help. Thanks :)

LeiF likes this.
  20. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

Damage was at 100% Mantas.

My tactic for T9 is to aim right at the inside just as I start to brake, brake really late and deep into the corner then let the car run high on the banking and get it turned in again and power out.

I had a similar experiece to you V8, 3rd on the grid and then last in O2L class after 1 corner :( I only overtook 2 cars on track IIRC. I was really annoyed after my pit stop that I was short on fuel. After a few laps of increasingly extreme fuel saving tactics I look down and I'm 3rd when I had entered the pits in 5th I think. Some of you guys must of had really bad luck as well, I was lapping in the 26/27's a lot of the time after my pit stop and noone caught me up :D I was short shifting at 6000rpm lifting and coasting at the end of the back straight, mid corner T9 after initial braking and towards the end of the esses.

I'm trying to hold off using Bridgehampton until the new verison is released. If we are using the same cars next time we just need to decide on a track. If the 718RS60 becomes competitive again at any point it will be added back to the grid.

mantasisg 2 likes this.