1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alright, enough cars for the moment...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

hm, for me, it wasn't. Maybe I should wipe out my RF2 install.

2. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

That's a horrible workaround for a problem that just should not exist at all.

3. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

AC does have an experimental soft lock that few people use because it is rather poorly implemented. Since it vibrates massively and is quite jarring once you reach the point where it locks. Bit of a shame, as AC is the only game with this issue.

That's a bit of a weird way to say that the FFB goes dead when you reach the point where the cars steering rotation ends if you dont have the soft lock enabled :p

You are correct, this 'barrier' you feel is the soft lock. AC just doesnt implement it well.

With the setting deactivated in the INI, your wheel wont have any ffb stop when you reach the end of the steering rotation.

So perhaps you configured your wheel in the logitech profiler to have a lower degrees of rotation and the profiler is giving you a soft lock. For AC, you should put your DoR in the profiler to 900, and then do the same in game. Setting it up like this will not give you any FFB stop/barrier (soft lock) unless you enable that setting in the INI.

4. You guys actually reach the steering wheel limits? I don't get anywhere near them o_O

sissydriver, Sleeper Service and Sean like this.
  5. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

I personally use it because in that way i can feel where the steering locks, rattling and all it is still useful for me in the few corners you need to steer almost to the lock, for example la source on an F1 car. Of course i don't steer beyond that point, why would i do that?

6. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

For me it depends on the car. Newer model race cars, I'm with you: I get nowhere NEAR the limits. It's the older cars I wind up burying from side to side a good deal of the time.

7. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It doesn't go dead, but there is no change in the FFB anymore.
    So if e.g. your wheels pull the steering wheel to the left because you're drifting, then at the end stop, the forces will still be there and the steering wheel will keep turning until it reaches the hard lock (which actually is a soft lock as well, but implemented in the steering wheel firmware).
    This is problematic, because when the car then regains grip, the wheels will try to turn into the other direction again, but this won't happen because your steering wheel has yet to rotate back to the end stop thus resulting in a delay which usually leads to bad things.

You can prevent that by catching the wheel at the end stop, so for me it's not a big deal, I can drive with it.
    But with a proper soft-lock, it would just be so much better, especially because I don't always pay attention to where the end lock is exactly.

WilliamRiker likes this.
  8. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Winner!

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

9. liakjim

liakjim Alien

Horrible? It's working like a charm. ( but I agree that it should be in the game)

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

10. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

:confused: I would have thought the opposite would be the case, modern race car with f*** all rotation in a tight turn. Most old cars have like 900+ degrees rotation. Drift cars I imagine could also do with softlock.

11. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Try low steering rotation cars and go around a hairpin or other slow/tight corner.

This has always been an awful defense for not having proper soft lock :p Not saying you are being defensive, but reaching lock is quite easy. But if you only drive road cars with 900+ DoR, you wont run into this issue.

Perhaps I am a bit confused by your description, but when reaching the end of the steering rotation... and when turning my wheel past that point, the FFB goes dead and is non-existent.

12. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Nope, not for me, the wheel keep turning and turning, which means that there is some force pulling it.
    (No, it's not inertia, I can feel the force if I hold the steering wheel just after the end stop.)

13. On my T300 (and the DFGT I used to use) the ffb in the wheel goes limp, not dead, when I continue turning the wheel past the given cars steering lock. The effect can even be seen in the pedal app.

14. Torcano

Torcano Alien

LOL, this thread has derailed enough for my OT to make any difference but this funny line up of threads in my feed made me cackle hard. :D

[​IMG]

magzire, Dookie, aphidgod and 2 others like this.
  15. I only drive road cars these days, but I don't remember ever having a problem reaching steering wheel rotation limits when I raced GT3 cars in the past. To be fair, my driving style is based on avoiding excessive steering wheel rotation, so maybe I am an exception to the rule....

16. aphidgod

aphidgod Alien

And that's why any thread that starts with the presumption that the OP speaks for the entire community is entirely pointless.

Jebus likes this.
  17. Trezoitao38

Trezoitao38 Simracer

I agree and for me is the same.

But is a problem when you have to countersteering, or, when the wheel do this automatically on a oversteer.

18. chakko

chakko Alien

You're right, i just tried it out. No idea why i thought there was a "stop". The FFB just gets softer at some point. Well, i vote for a decent soft lock too then. ;)

WilliamRiker likes this.
  19. dodge33cymru

dodge33cymru Simracer

Speak for yourself OP; I like the choice of car packs (don't own them all, I don't have the Japanese or Triple Pack) and will gladly look forward to any more that are in the offing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

20. nate

nate Hardcore Simmer

Even GT3 cars dont see this issue arise too often as you say. However the game does have a nice variety of open wheelers and prototypes that feature 360 DoR. And that is very, very easy to hit the lock on. I'd say anything around 450 or less will see this issue come up at least occasionally on hairpins/etc.

Jebus and Christopher Low like this.