1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alright, enough cars for the moment...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. slopps

slopps Simracer

even with La source at Spa you shouldn't have to use the full
    wait what? is that an app or add-on? I just googled 'CM assetto corsa app' and got nothing.
    EDIT: got it - Content manager..... brb.

EDIT: omg it looks like dreams do come true. Thanks.

EDIT: well unfortunately it is not improvement - i got the full version. Its a good app never the less, but does not have any more filters for online than the original game.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  2. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Yet they do it again, and again, and again...
    And thats because people or even mankind for that matter, is unwilling to learn of their/its mistakes and live on short memory. That goes to a much larger scale then computergames

3. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I'd love more historic content, but I reckon it would be another way for Kunos to see their profits plummet because it seems most sim racers these days want only modern cars and tracks :(
    (this forum needs a grumpy old man emoticon... a guy with a walking stick and a bent back shaking his fist at the youth of today :D )

But yes, the 250 GTO will be fantastic and the 67 GP car, but it's the 330 P4 that I'm most looking forward to :D Oh, and the 288 will be cool too.

4. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

If I was running Kunos I'd let Stefano get stuck into AC2, doing the stuff he enjoys (hopefully) with no distractions, get a newly recruited programmer(s) to continue development on AC1 adding any code required for content, plus as many new features that simracers are moaning about as he or she can. That would keep some revenue rolling in.

Then when AC2 is looking somewhat ready, gather the best stuff from AC1 and roll it into AC2 where possible.

But I don't run Kunos and I have no idea whether my (probably fairly obvious) plan would work financially or operationally, or whether they'd be able to transfer the content licences over, or if we'd end up with something like rF2 at launch.... lots of features but very little content for a while.

Kunos have gone from a handful of guys with about 70,000 euro budget, into a very successful developer with one of the best selling products on the market... I'm sure they know what they're doing :)

5. chakko

chakko Alien

Hm, i wasn't aware of that. How do you deal with understeering then? I usually let go off the throttle, maybe break (a bit), and turn in more.

6. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

If you have understeer, that normally means that your front wheels are skidding. If you turn the wheel even further, then they will still do the same, it won't change a thing apart from going even further away from the correct wheel position.
    Instead, it's much better to ease off a bit, meaning to lower the steering angle such that the front wheels stop skidding, adjust your speed and then turn in again.
    So basically you have to feel the right angle at which the wheels still do have grip.
    I think (but not sure, since I've never tried it) that is what the enhanced understeer effect option emphasizes, that you find the correct maximum angle at which the front wheels have grip.
    (You can feel the loss of front wheel grip as a loss of FFB, even if that option is deactivated.)
    Yes, for understeer, it's exactly what you should do. Avoid it.
    If you didn't then you failed (for that corner), it's that simple, unfortunately.
    Oversteer is more complicated. There is no general rule. In many cars, you should indeed avoid it, but it's not true in all cases.
    Some cars (e.g. the Maserati 250F) actually require controlled oversteer for good lap times to prevent understeer.

The question if oversteer is a positive or a negative thing is something you need to figure out for each car individually.
    Mostly, it depends on the type of tyre and the rear diff (lock).
    Also in some cars, it can be a good thing to use oversteer in certain corners.
    For example in the classic 911 RSR, oversteer should generally be avoided if you want to achieve the best performance, even though you can achieve very good performance with a little bit of oversteer.
    In addition, it has a negative effect on tyre lifetime and the tyres might overheat if you use it too often.
    So in general I'd say that avoiding oversteer is a good thing in that car.

However, if we're talking about hairpins like e.g. the ones at Thomson circuit, then it can become a good thing to use oversteer, because you can turn the car faster and be sooner on the throttle than the front end would allow.
    It is unfortunately not easy to get that perfect, so the risk to lose time instead of gaining is high.

LeDude83, mms, St3fan and 3 others like this.
  7. chakko

chakko Alien

Thanks, i will try that out. Maybe i just found the reason why i'm still too slow. :D It just felt more natural, to steer more, rather than let go, because the car already goes into the wrong direction. I just Googled a bit, and, it just proved what you wrote too, that it's rather a panic reaction, which is counterproductive, because it worsens the situation, obviously, because it creates even more understeer.

LeDude83, mms, Hagen and 1 other person like this.
  8. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

Just try it yourself. Make the car understeer and then turn it more and see if that does anything at all. ;)

Edit: panic reaction fits it very well. I see it all the time, when I let "normal" people drive in my rig.

9. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Last time I checked the AC launcher the copyright was prolonged till 2020. ;)

10. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

I am absolutely chomping at the bit for the 250 GTO. Hell, I'd give them 10 bucks for that car alone. :)

Fat Rich likes this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

It's a huge improvement. You can even filter servers by driver.

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

12. slopps

slopps Simracer

its not an improvement in terms of the server filtering..........
    being able to filter by driver name is not as important or useful as filtering by session.

the rest of the app looks really good but no useful improvement on the filtering online already in the game.

marmagas likes this.
  13. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

You can at least favorite servers in CM, the browser itself hurts my eyes...

14. Andy-R

Andy-R Alien

From what I can remember (going back quite a long way here, 70's F1 springs to mind) you arent that slow... although I suppose it depends if you mean slow vs aliens or slow vs most people (in which case your probably fast :D)

15. matz_AUT

matz_AUT Hardcore Simmer

Me too!
    I went as far as getting myself a new copy of NetKar Pro only a few months ago, just so that I could get a glimpse of what to expect.
    I really enjoyed the car there, and seeing how much more refined AC is in comparison to the engines infancies in NKPro, I'm super excited!

16. Dookie

Dookie Hardcore Simmer

Which has nothing to do with how long they will develope/support AC 1 ^^

Jebus likes this.
  17. chakko

chakko Alien

Thanks. :D Indeed, i usually have a pretty decent speed compared to humans, but, the aliens will only see me in the rear mirror. :p I remember you were a bit faster on the ALOOG server, as were the other regulars. Always fun racing, nonetheless.

18. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

Am i the only one that is more excited about the 288 than the 250 in this pack?

19. Luis Branco

Luis Branco Alien

No, not the only one.;)
    It's my dream car since my teenage years.

Atle Dreier likes this.
  20. Solmyr

Solmyr Racer

Do you play with speakers ? If, I suggest you to play with a decent surround headset, then sound is great, probably not perfect, and not equal for all cars, but is very good. I never understood those sound complaints...

Some are about 120-150 euros and are 7.1 and good quality.