1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Alright, enough cars for the moment...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by WilliamRiker, Sep 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chakko

chakko Alien

I mostly reach the rotation limit when there's understeer in tight corners, and i have to steer hard to counter. Not so much with oversteering, even though it happens too, occasionally, e.g. in open wheelers, where there is more need to correct oversteer, or power oversteer.

2. Sean

Sean Simracer

I feel the rate of features added to the sim has actually increased with each patch. They have to prioritize what to give us, as much as we would like everything :) . If you look back over the at least the last 3 patches, we got major features added each update.

I agree, I would like to see more Track DLC now, but I am sure they would too.

liakjim likes this.
  3. WilliamRiker

WilliamRiker Racer

I don't recall claiming to speak for anyone else than myself.

Derrellbiffle and marmagas like this.
  4. ShredatorFIN

ShredatorFIN Alien

Regarding soft locks, the way AMS does it would be ok. It changes the rotation in Thrustmaster Control panel by itself. Only annoying part is, that it doesn't return it to where it was once I quit AMS. But if AC did this too, it would remove the problem for me.

But how often you actually hit the soft locks, during racing? I use the rattly soft locks in current AC and rarely hit them. OPs suggestions aren't bad (while some things are just too much work VS. the resulting improvement, like engine stall sounds for 100+ cars), but some improvements have come with every DLC, don't think 19th September will be exception. Why always bring up "DLC vs. new features" topic like it's a choice thing, DLC is what makes the feature improvements possible right? New features for everyone, even those who choose not to buy DLC. While in theory, they should pay for the features too. Because they are freeriders

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    St3fan likes this.
  5. Andrew_WOT

Andrew_WOT Alien

No soft lock via driver, please. Won't work for half of the wheels here, including all DDs.
    How Codemater managed to do it in Dirt Rally via in game settings. All you need is adjustable strength and ramp up value like in MMos, so it is indeed soft.

Nahkamarakatti likes this.
  6. slopps

slopps Simracer

Dear Jesus. All I ask for is for Filters on the online menu. One, simple, tiny request. Probably the simplest request that ever existed in christendom.
    To allow me to filter for servers not in races.
    Or filter out servers which are running practice only.
    Or filter out servers which are running longer than a certain amount of race time/laps.

Filters. Simple filters. Please for the love of christ.........please put some basic easy filters in the online server list. Really, am i asking too much?
    I know programming is insanely difficult, but Filters. Come on.

Jos_theboss likes this.
  7. Jos_theboss

Jos_theboss Hardcore Simmer

you would expect a favorite server option...

8. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

You increase your steering angle while experiencing understeer? o_O

9. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

It's a very common mistake.

10. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Yeah I know, but I thought he.... ah never mind.:D

LeDude83 likes this.
  11. liakjim

liakjim Alien

As a workaround you can try CM which has a million filters (yes I know, the game should have them but that's why the devs made it moddable so that some holes can be done by them)

Στάλθηκε από το m2 note μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

12. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

@WilliamRiker ,dont bother,they need only cars they get only cars,simple.
    Of all the things you said in the first post soft lock is the most critical,4 pages now and this is the main subject nothing else...o_O

Well spoken;)

WilliamRiker likes this.
  13. Berniyh

Berniyh Alien

I don't think it's fair to judge it like that. It would be a good feature, but it's not critical.
    The extend of the discussion mainly refers to the initial confusion about the topic.

nate and liakjim like this.
  14. Atle Dreier

Atle Dreier Alien

A short ramp up of forces is all that is needed, instead of the harsh on/off lock we have now would take it from useless to great. A couple of lines of code. It's experimental anyway, hidden in an ini file already, so why not experiment with it? I'm sure a ramp up over about 5 degrees of rotation would be ideal, and soft enough to eliminate most of the rattling, while still be stiff enough to feel like hitting a bushing.

15. Fat Rich

Fat Rich Hardcore Simmer

I agree AC would benefit from the features listed in the first post, I feel that AC really needs more laserscanned tracks but I appreciate the costs involved.... but why does any of that require Kunos to stop making cars and earning revenue to keep developing the game? Do you want these cool new features coded by by 3D artists and sound engineers? I'm a 3D artist and I know little about coding.... it would be a disaster :D

Kunos have advertised for more staff including a programmer, they're probably working on fixing the above ASAP, growing the business without putting it at risk.... if they went bust then there would be no updates or content at all ever again.

If Kunos stop making cars, the rest of us who are happy to race with Stefano's massively improved AI will eventually abandon the game. If they'd stopped making cars a year ago we wouldn't have had the 3 Porsche packs, Ready to Race and the forthcoming Ferrari pack which are all fabulous and keep me (and probably others) playing AC.

And if the online servers don't have the content people want to race, moan at them! Maybe people should setup their own servers with different cars if they feel that's the problem? Why should Kunos cut their income stream, commit professional suicide and stop doing something they love because all the online servers seem to be setup with GT3s at Spa?

First principle of running a business: if you're doing something good and it's earning you money and paying your staff's wages, don't stop doing it and focus only on the stuff that isn't working. You have to both, and it's not easy :)

Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
  16. I don't mind more cars.

But yes, I would definitely want to see more tracks, and features. Sadly it's not the case.

17. marmagas

marmagas Gamer

@Fat Rich ,in a few days ferrari pack will be out,so we will have the gto in our hands to race!
    62 season had 15 races,Daytona,Sebring,Gaeda,Palermo,Avus,Nurb,Le mans,Charade,Pergusa,Goodwood,Bridgehampton and Montlhery.
    We can only race at 1 only one track Nurb and maybe 1 mod Bridgehampton.
    So as far as cars i am a happy customer but something big is missing.
    Where to race?Historic racing,you know from GPL,needs realism,atmosphear of that year,tracks of that era.

Pretend racer and Fat Rich like this.
  18. liakjim

liakjim Alien

My remarks with bold red.

Lastly : it would be fun to compare the features of AC with the rest of sims. It would be really obvious that AC is the most complete package regarding features. It just works.

19. Diablo_rf

Diablo_rf Hardcore Simmer

Guys, don't ask any more work on AC1, let the developers work on the next title!

20. Parminio

Parminio Simracer

That's actually how most games die: they move on to another edition of the game having never really maximized the first. What's more, you split the already limited player base in half: those with the money to spend freely to move on and those that think, "I've sunk so much into this one, no way I'm doing that again on another one".

That's why you see profits of new games dropping like rocks: People are sick to death of having to buy a new game that in effect turns out to be the same exact game.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.