1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto Corsa Competizione - Generic discussion

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by bgil66, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chakko

chakko Alien

Not sure what you mean, TBH. I don't see the race laps in the Free Practice and Qualifying sessions.

2. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Again, it’s time based... you will not see how many laps left anywhere. As far as I’m aware all Blacpain races are timed events.
    You will see how much time is left before you enter the server as well in the server list.

3. chakko

chakko Alien

Ok, my bad. What i meant is that i want to see, either, how many laps there are in the race session (if it isn't time based), or, if it is time based, how long the race will be.

I think, now i got it. :)

Rolz likes this.
  4. Coanda likes this.
  5. Rolz

Rolz Alien

Agree, but I have other items on my list of priorities before I start complaining about this one :)

Coanda and After_Midnight like this.
  6. Thx1137

Thx1137 Racer

Running against AI I think is your problem. I am sure I read that SA can by obtained via AI up to 80 or so. After that you need real players. Basically an exploit mitigation. Anyone in the 90s should have good rep against real people and not just farming it offline.

7. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

Oh my word they have alot of work to do! In the words of coach Bela Karoli of gymnastics fame “You can do it!”

8. Znam Neznam

Znam Neznam Hardcore Simmer

The server I joined.

My ping was 30.

The other cars were all below 100 ping.

There was no issue, following the cars.

Two laps I spent on bumper of car ahead of me zero drops nothing.

Suddenly one lap later the cars in front of me just move sharp left and starts flying and next lap they are all stuck or below track as others showed in screenshots.

sigh multiplayer is such a mess at moment.

game is great though, shame.

9. Coanda

Coanda Alien

bgil66 and Animera like this.
  10. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I have experienced this a a few times. The cars are stuck like you said and free revving. After a couple of times I exited back to the sever list and noticed the track had been changed. Maybe the sever admin had done something and ACC was not handling it correctly or giving the usual server connection dropout error message. I am not 100% sure.

11. Coanda

Coanda Alien

After_Midnight likes this.
  12. Coanda

Coanda Alien

I wonder what it is like being a lefty and controlling the throttle with your opposite foot... Do any professional lefty's ever reverse the peddle box or would that just be plain weirdo...? :confused:

13. renato63

renato63 Racer

Hi, I run almost always against the AI I have an SA of 95.

Rolz likes this.
  14. Rolz

Rolz Alien

weirdo

15. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

Hmmm. I'm not 'farming' though. Just choosing to race offline because I want to run a championship and noticing that trust seems to be not really building up. I'd suggest it seems unlikely that your rating be deliberately penalised for not playing online.

16. david m

david m Racer

This was a thing spoken among regular users of the forum about what is a good way to avoid SA farming in single player against AI.
    But I'm pretty sure that the developers have never said a statement about it, and probably they think it's not a good solution.
    anyway, ratings works pretty good, let's be patient and we will see where we finish after some months. If there's something that we see week after week is that developers doesn't stop trying to make this game better and better

17. If you'll never go online the safety rating will become useless. It's made for restricting servers online. It's not for the single player.

18. Thug

Thug Hardcore Simmer

I think the SA needs to increase more quickly than it does at the moment.
    I cant get on as much as I would like and my rating was sat at 61 for a few weeks, until i managed to get it to 64.
    A couple of days ago I had a few private races with 5 friends and on one of them I finished second and parked up at the end of the start/finish straight (Monza) and one of my friends crashed into my full force 'for a laugh'.
    Now, it was only his first time at playing since it came out on pre-release, so cant really 'blame' him as such, but my SA rating went down to 63. The next race I had a collision with another friend and it went down to 62.
    So in the space of only 10 minutes of so I have managed to drop 2 points.
    I have now been playing it for about an hour and only just managed to get it up to 63.

I do realise its only going to build if you are in close proximity of other players, but that's not always the case when racing as you can go the full race (after the first corner or 2) without seeing anyone sometimes.
    Perhaps SA should not 'just' be how you are against other players, but also how safe you are on the track itself. If you can do lap after lap without crashing or going off then it should increase.

19. tjr

tjr Hardcore Simmer

I do both. Which is why it's a potential problem.

20. Jacobs

Jacobs Racer

There are two sides of that. First one: it's too fast already because you can join 70+ SA servers and still find many rookies without racecraft or just wreckers (both will crash and just grind SA with AI). Second one: it's too slow as many restricted servers are empty and SA increase in online is even more grindy (and tougher because you can't control what other people do like you mostly can with AI). I don't think it's that easy as just increase thrust or BWP in online. There is much more to consider.

@edit: But i think it is indeed much harder to gain SA than in early access days.