1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa interview about ps4 and xbox!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ChokDK, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Didn't mean it in that sense, more like, it sucks that you can no longer call it PC exclusive, from a pure PC master race-elitist standpoint :)

ChokDK likes this.
  2. A company that is named after a cat gets my vote of confidence every time ;)

Fear likes this.
  3. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

The main content might not be...but think of all those goodies that the community will create, and we will look over at the console chaps and say.......

[​IMG]

Fordie

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
    Casper, snyperal, Fear and 1 other person like this.
  4. Ben Lee

Ben Lee Alien

Its not so much the filters Boris, its the track assets that I (and many others) think are lacking. Some tracks are better than others, but if you take a look at some of the Nurburgring GP threads you will see what people mean. Low res textures, low poly "blocky" environments. Nothing has ever been said of these "issues" (if you want to call them that) so we have no reason to believe that they will be changed. Granted most of the "newer" tracks in AC look a lot better, but even so, still lag behind slightly compared to other sims.

Do you think console gamers will accept this level of detail?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Boris Lozac

Boris Lozac Alien

Wow, i avoid Nurburging GP because of the bad atmosphere, but does it really look like that lol :)

6. snyperal

snyperal Simracer

I agree to some extent that there is a gap in the console market for a serious racer on both platforms the nearest rival is weak. Both fm5 and gt6 are lacking in some of the staple ingredients for decent racing. So, even if kuonos doesn't dominate that market it'll give the gamers a little taste of what their missing out on. Competition in my opinion that will force both major players in the driving game genre to pull their socks up after some lacklustre offerings.

I say this as an xbone owner and fm2, 3, 4, and five owner and felt that fm5 was a joke effort at best. Certainly not a step forward.

Let's face it an Xbox, or ps4 with just an occulus rift and a steering wheel would make a very decent lounge accessory.

7. plaid

plaid Alien

I think thats fare more obivious:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Filippo94 likes this.
  8. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

...the only thing scaring me?
    Consolle support could let die AC soon...not a long story masterpiece as RF1 if you are on consolle...game would become old faster (for consolle market standards) and you have to announce AC2 for the next gen of consolles...and pc?
    We should leave our game for the new one?wouldn't be better a game evolving and improving with his playerbase (like rf1, gsce...)?

Pascalwb likes this.
  9. I certainly would like the issues at Nurburgring GP to be sorted out, although I have not actually seen the "cliff textures" on my PC, so I don't know if they are blurry or not.

offcorsa likes this.
  10. some1pl

some1pl Alien

Of course not. Console gamers are used to high quality graphics like:

[​IMG]

or

[​IMG]

AC simply can't compete.

Filippo94, TDS, Nick Moxley and 4 others like this.
  11. offcorsa

offcorsa Simracer

if i'm looking that closely at the cliffs or the Armco it means i'm crashing. something I try not to do. I don't generally drive on a racetrack to look at the scenery.

12. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

I have been saying this for ages, when @Boris Lozac kicks off about the lack of 3d grass :p ( Sorry Boris could not help myself on that one, j/k )

Fordie

Boris Lozac likes this.
  13. It's replays where you notice stuff like that, Offcorsa. My problem is that I am now aware of it. The textures certainly shouldn't be as blurry as that, but I haven't seen them on my screen yet, so I don't know if the problem is limited to users that have crappy PCs ;)

14. Scott Nelson

Scott Nelson Gamer

I can sure see why they want to do it for the added revenue. but it has been 6 weeks since a update, throw in the work it will take to transfer this to the consoles, means less time to work on the PC part of the game, so yes they will be making more money, maybe buy more licenses and what not, but the game needs to be worked on, this game is still early acces to me.

15. plaid

plaid Alien

Still you recognise it, at least if you aren't blind. It isn't necessary to focus on something /being close to recognise those things. There something call peripheral vision.

If you make a detailed environment it feels more convincing then a few polys with blurry textures, even you don't move slowly and check everything closely.

16. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Somehow I still can't digest this console news. I love AC and want Kunos to start delivering instead of just announcing and teasing.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  17. Well, i guess if you can drive blindfolded you don't recognize them:), else there literally in your face. It will be even more obvious with console+big TV.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2015
  18. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

I read Kunos will do an announcement during E3...if they already announced consolle porting...what would it be?

19. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I remember reading about showcasing new content. Yes, new content. What kind? time will tell.

20. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Fingers crossed for rain, night and lights. I hope also 505games will give them some support for game development (manpower) and not only for consolle porting.