1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Assetto corsa interview about ps4 and xbox!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by ChokDK, Jun 4, 2015.

1. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

Blimey how many fingers do you have :D

Lights would be very good, but there is way more fundamental stuff that needs looking at first. Track Cutting (difference in surfaces), being able to put it in gear before the start of the race, pit stop strategies, being able to change drivers ( for Endurance Racing ) full flag conditions, drive through penalties, jump starts, an out lap would be nice, get those tyres and brake's warmed up the "real" way.....

Sorry gone way way OT here, but jmo

Fordie

2. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Finger...lol...I have only one...fixed thanks

ChokDK likes this.
  3. Mogster

Mogster Alien

Content = cars & tracks.

Features = MP, SP, Career mode, pit stops, replays, weather, etc etc.

SunBro likes this.
  4. demerzel

demerzel Racer

Just giving manpower does not increase development speed automagically. Maybe in the long run.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brooks's_law

TriGgeR likes this.
  5. SunBro

SunBro Alien

10 points to the blue table.

Expect cars & tracks guys. Not more.

Mogster and youwerelucky like this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

You where right the first time. You can't cross one finger.

7. TDS

TDS Alien

"
    Eurogamer: In terms of content, what can we expect from the console versions of Assetto Corsa?

Marco Massarutto: Nothing less than the PC version, in fact, are expected to launch more content, which of course will be shared on all three platforms."

nice to hear this from Marco.

8. Shaun Clarke

Shaun Clarke Alien

But that is only "official content" not the goodies and the add on's that the community brings. To name a few, Ginetta, Donington, Thruxton, Seat Leon Cup, Phukette ( oh how you pronouce it) Blackwood, I don't need to go on anymore LOL

I seriously don't understand / see what all the fuss is about. AC is going "main stream" like most do. There was talk about Forza coming to PC a few years back, PC owners was waiting, and then MS and studios said no, why, they knew they could not cope with the amount of difference in the PC market ( Standard PC, good PC, excellent PC) is won't work, look at pCars now. They are withdrawing the Wi Version (for now), as they only get 30fps with 720p. I remember when 30fps with 800x600 was awesome, but times have changed. Everybody, no matter what PC/console you have ( if you meet the Min requirements) you expect the best, and when it doesn't happen, they are straight on the forums, blaming the creators.

For us, the community, nothing will change. I think Kunos know's their roots, hey know where the real force stands and this is just expanding their market...nothing wrong it that, I mean who wouldn't?

Fordie

ChokDK and TDS like this.
  9. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Was only one, the other one died...
    [​IMG]

Tim Meuris, nijeat, ChokDK and 2 others like this.
  10. BrunUK

BrunUK Alien

The PC master race isn't about being exclusive, it's about being better. To prove this (not that it's necessary) requires direct comparisons.

GTAV? Better on PC, etc.

Fear and Turk like this.
  11. ChokDK

ChokDK Hardcore Simmer

youwerelucky likes this.
  12. alex72

alex72 Alien

I wrote that i hoped Kunos wouldnt move away from their realism roots because of this and i got a like from Aris. Thats all i needed. :)

Console version might get spiffed up menues/UI to navigate easier with gamepad, and better adapted modes for non hardcore players, but im sure there will always be a full sim mode for us that want pure sim. No worries.

Fear and ChokDK like this.
  13. V8_KB

V8_KB Alien

I thought it's about making fun of PC elitist.

(Quotes to follow have been translated using Google translate)
    So it's still Google translator.

The summary is:
    - content on all platforms will be the same
    - career mode is what they are getting research on, might be rebuilt completely
    - they aim for 100 cars on release
    - currently they are working on adding more functions to MP on PC

And I see this quote as another hint of G29 being something more than just a rumor:

ChokDK likes this.
  14. DaVeX↯

DaVeX↯ Hardcore Simmer

Shhhhh!!!
    Be careful with your words, someone here can have a heartbreak!!!

Btw, we are on pc...
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 5, 2015
    Shaun Clarke likes this.
  15. zaratul

zaratul Hardcore Simmer

Empty Box....

For me the important points starting at 9 min onwards.

16. warhead

warhead Gamer

My only problem is that Kunos will focus their resources towards consoles, making the PC development of the game even slower - if that's even possible. I mean, they already move forward so slow with the patches (i don't even dare to talk about new content), it's unbelievable.

nate and SunBro like this.
  17. Quffy

Quffy Alien

What makes you think that they won't share the same game features and content between pc and console versions (content depends on licenses for consoles)? If they are committed and planning to make AC a more complete and better sim racing game and game in general, why wouldn't they also put those features on PC? Probably the PC players will experience those features first, then they will be ported (and maybe adapted) to console.

18. SunBro

SunBro Alien

I don't think he meant content equality. I'm guessing he meant development speed. In order to code for the core of console version of ac, the upcoming feature fixes for pc version of ac will be slowed down.

nate likes this.
  19. warhead

warhead Gamer

My problem is not a difference in game content between PC and consoles, but that the extra work required for consoles will delay even more the PC development in general (patches, features, content). No matter how you put it, the console development will require extra work performed by the same small team, thus my concerns.

Tim Meuris, nate, Mogster and 2 others like this.
  20. SunBro

SunBro Alien

Preach brotha, preach the bitter truth!

nate and warhead like this.