1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Blancpain GT Series / Discussion topic

Discussion in 'ACC General Discussions' started by GRFOCO, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Turk

Turk Alien

It could happen quickly. If F-E wants to make itself relevant they should find a way of developing a battery swap machine. It could be developed at races and then adopted into the consumer market. The marketing would be easy enough since your basically replacing stopping at the petrol station with a high speed pit stop just like in the race series.

Might be a way of getting the major manufacturers to adopt the same technology too if they can have experience with it at races.

2. Typer

Typer Simracer

Oh I don’t doubt that for a second. What I should have been more explicit about stating was that AIUI, the power that F1 ICEs produce has long been constrained not by technological capability but by the rule book. Has it not been the case (I’ve not actually looked this up) that the power output has hovered around 750bhp, give or take, since the early 90s? And that’s not because engine manufacturers have hit some technological limit, so much as the rule makers keep reducing the allowed displacement, fuel consumption etc. It seems to me that the sport’s governing body have a rough upper limit on performance that they try and maintain over time, which I presume is primarily for safety and quality racing, amongst other reasons.

The core of my argument is that if all-electric drivetrains could best any F1 ICE (and I don’t doubt that one day they will) would the ruling bodies even allow them to reach those limits, and even if they did, would it actually make the racing any better?

Performance, as I see it in the long run, is therefore probably moot, it’ll be the environmental, political, legal, and financial considerations that really matter.

Yeah, for sure. I wouldn’t say it’s the ruination of everything, but yes it sure can be as much a blessing as a curse in many cases; sport is definitely falling into the latter category, if not only for the frankly obscene salaries that top sportsmen are paid these days.

To bring this all back on topic, I’ve actually given up following F1 this season and have instead got into Blancpain and the British GT series for the first time. The racing is great; 55-odd beautiful and awesome sounding cars each with up to three drivers, across multiple classes at Monza a few weeks back was a blast!

3. Added you on Steam !! Have an Idea for you

4. Jamiedh303

Jamiedh303 Rookie

Hey! What ever happened to hydrogen fuel cells?!?!?!

5. Typer

Typer Simracer

Screw hydrogen fuel cells! :)

I wanna know why we can't have big-arsed, supercharged, hydrogen combustion engines spitting out nowt but steam and sweet, sweet noise?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_internal_combustion_engine_vehicle

mESCx and Jamiedh303 like this.
  6. Turk

Turk Alien

That's a good point, Although F1 puts restrictions on the engine they can still develop them to get more performance. But there's not going to be any major jumps in performance any time soon. I guess the switch over point is when engines become slightly redundant next to the cost savings an electric would bring while delivering the same performance.

7. vortex19

vortex19 Simracer

They're around but expensive to buy and run: http://www.nextgreencar.com/fuelcellcars/#q5. They're certainly a viable alternative for race cars - much the same time to refuel as a combustion engine but the car would probably be a little heavier. The only reason they're not more popular on the road is that the infrastructure to refuel them isn't there at the moment.

Mogster and Jamiedh303 like this.
  8. bgil66

bgil66 Alien

I have an Early Access itch;)

9. LeiF

LeiF Alien

Yeah I spoke to the chemist about that; apparently there is something that can solve it but it has to come all the way from Italy ;)

bgil66 and mESCx like this.
  10. GRFOCO

GRFOCO Alien

OP updated.
    races missing for now

11. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

12. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

nfsw55 and LeiF like this.
  13. RufGTI

RufGTI Simracer

Well both the normal Honda NSX and the Acura NSX GT3 seem to be licenseable but on the other side it would be the car I would care the least about.

It's always so important to end forum posts in a semi-aggressive way.

14. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Well, perhaps I told to not say things you don't know because one of the devs specifically said that even if it took part in Spa 24 hours, that didn't necessarily mean they would be able to release it for ACC, but you said "Another car coming to ACC".
    It takes quite a short time after that for people to say "oh but the devs said the NSX would be in ACC and they were lying" simply because they read a misinformed post and took that as being official information.

Tim Meuris likes this.
  15. Tim Meuris

Tim Meuris Simracer

Really hope this one makes it into the game. Don t really care much for gt3cars otherwise

djtopa likes this.
  16. Typer

Typer Simracer

W00ts! CONFIRMED!!1! Thanks Poguinhas!

Sorry, I am a terrible human being. You do make a good point, if a little harshly delivered. Fake news sure can make it half way around the world before the truth even gets its trousers on.

17. mESCx

mESCx Simracer

Wrong thread.

18. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Best Q1 time for Silverstone was a 1.56. I don't think that time's even possible on AC, especially on Hards.

Edit: John Watson just mentioned that the circuit was resurfaced, so that's probably the cause.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  19. martcerv

martcerv Alien

2018 gt3 cars with 2018 tyres on a resurfaced Silverstone, really no point comparing AC there at all as it doesnt have any of these officially.

Last year best qualy lap was in
    Q3 1:59.072 so they are considerably quicker this year.

Last edited: May 20, 2018
  20. Poguinhas

Poguinhas Alien

Aston OP pls nerf.

D.Jankovic likes this.