1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Generic Car request: Ferrari 512m

Discussion in 'Console Lounge' started by Hugo Catarino, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Hugo Catarino

Hugo Catarino Hardcore Simmer

With the Ferrari DLC Pack, we got the opportunity to vote for a car included in a 7 car pack. Ferrari offers a great and vast selection of cars, and it's hard to pick up one. The voting, in the opinion of many people, was influenced by the fact that it was shared in a F1 reddit site by some user. The proof? A modern day F1 car won. But no need to go on that topic, since that discussion is taking place in the respective threads.

So, my request is the 2nd most voted car (and judging by the post's on this forum, the real winner), the Ferrari 512m. It's a different Ferrari from what people are used to, because we don't have any vintage sportscar from Ferrari (i know, the 330 p4 is coming, but there are much more differences beetween those two that are from the 2015 f1 car and 2017!).

I actually don't understand why this is an issue. From my point of view, and i know it's the view of many, when it comes to picking cars for a game, there is one thing that we need to keep in mind: RIVALS! No one likes single make racing, (let alone a single make racing with every car with the same livery!), so why does the Porsche 917k needs to race alone when it's big rival 512m could be in the game? No one likes to race in a field with the same cars. So what to do with them?Hotlaps? Assetto Corsa is much better than that, specially after the championship updates and custom lobbies.

Not only the Ferrari 512m seems to be the favourite sportscar of many people, it should be featured in the game because it's big rival Porsche 917 is there alone, waiting for company in the track. One can only do so many hotlaps and single make races until he gets tired because of the lack of immersion.

So, i sincerely hope that @Lord Kunos and Kunos Simulazioni team consider to include the 512m in another DLC or update, since it became clear that it's the most wanted Ferrari now, and an usefull addition to the game.

Cheers!:)

2. Similar Threads
    Forum Title Date
    ACC User Interface Request:A 'HeliCorsa like' indicator for other cars Dec 14, 2018
    Chit Chat Room AC cars without powersteering list request Mar 20, 2018
    Suggestions Let's REQUEST CARS Here Jan 15, 2018
    Suggestions request for Honda 70th Anniversary carpack Nov 13, 2017
    Console Lounge Request - Virtual mirror in all cars please. Oct 11, 2017
    Console Lounge Request for LMP2 cars May 12, 2017
    Console Lounge Car/track request for console edition (drift) May 5, 2017
    Suggestions Car request for console edition May 5, 2017
    General modding discussion Suggestion/Request: A Brake and Car Control Training Facility. Nov 30, 2016
    Multiplayer Bugs & Issues "requesting car list timed out" Jul 31, 2016
    Liveries [Request]Skin 1966 Ford Fairlane nascar May 24, 2016
    Suggestions Request: Virtual mirror using same rendering (PP, exposure) as in-car mirrors Apr 28, 2016
    Liveries (request) carcollection motorsport 2015 orange #34 Nov 9, 2015
    GUI - HUDs - Apps Bugs & Issues Request for car engineer app: fast damper ratios Nov 2, 2015
    Chit Chat Room Sub forum request: for individual car and track discussion Oct 21, 2015

3. AvGas

AvGas Gamer

It got my vote and surprisingly to me, it came second in the overall voting. It really should be a no-brainer for the reasons you mentioned and also because it just sounds wicked. It's a valid reason.

4. Gulf917K

Gulf917K Racer

Agreed. The 512m is a no brainier to partner the 917K
    Kunos should drop one of the other cars in the pack to make way for it.
    But not the 330P4 or 312/67. As these are great partners for the gt40 and Lotus 49 !

If people want to race modern F1 c**p. They need to play the F1 game that is released every year!!
    I would even pay more for the DLC. if they included the 512 as a gesture!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
    GhostMan, AvGas, Fernando007 and 3 others like this.
  5. moodyryder

moodyryder Hardcore Simmer

Agree 100%. Great post Hugo.

6. the_stig90

the_stig90 Racer

My choice was the 641, but now i would like it more if the 512m comes into the dlc instead of the 2017 F1.
    I was at F1 last weekend in austria, i am a big fan of Formula 1, but for me the winner is the 512m.

The 512m was driven by Jean Alesi this weekend (the 917k was there too) i saw it live..was very cool btw :D

Hope we get the 512m

7. alex21212121

alex21212121 Gamer

What would be really nice would be an extra 3 car pack with the 512M, 488 GTE and 575 GTC since they all placed highly on the poll.

Then we could have a 917 rival, a 911 RSR rival, and an MC12 rival

I guess even the F333 SP could be a 911 GT1 rival

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  8. the_stig90

the_stig90 Racer

@Alex
    Called great rivals pack :D

I'd pay for it

GhostMan, AvGas and alex21212121 like this.
  9. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

I posted in the other car 512 request thread, please read it and wade in on my post. I'm gonna assume they can't add the 512M to the anniversary pack because the agreement was for 7 cars. Maybe it would be simpler to negotiate another 7 cars, ahem hint hint.

I voted for the 333SP too, was a tough choice between that and the 641. Would love a 355 though, that sound alone is worth it.

Hugo Catarino likes this.
  10. Hugo Catarino

Thank you :p

11. Hugo Catarino

i love f1 cars and f1 too,and the 641 is a beast,one of my all time favourites.if it got 2nd place i would ask for it.as much as i like sf70,i dont think it has room for in Assetto Corsa

12. Hugo Catarino

I cant find your post,can you send me a link or something?

13. the_stig90

the_stig90 Racer

@hugo

I know the 641 would have been alone like the sf70 will be, but the 641 is a car, i would accept without rivals, only for hotlapping just because of the insane V12 Sound.
    We'll see, i'm sure the 512M comes anyday to AC. Now they know which cars we want, it's easy for kunos to create 1 more DLC now.

AvGas and Hugo Catarino like this.
  14. MaxStrong01

MaxStrong01 Racer

I support your concept about "Rivals". For me this is valid for 512m and for any other cars that can compete with another one of a different brand.
    F1 cars are nice but with zero rivals (why do not caryy at least the mclaren and mercedes F1 in the game?) but anyone seen an F1 championship made by only Ferrari? Or someone think that the Lotus Exos could be the Ferrari F1's rival? I do not think so then better 512m, 488gte and all the cars which can have a rival.

GhostMan, AvGas and Hugo Catarino like this.
  15. pippo10

pippo10 Hardcore Simmer

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/another-request-for-the-512m.46341/#post-901880

I could do hot lap after hot lap in the 641 no problems, not sure I can with modern F1.

16. Hugo Catarino

Yes,but the 641 is by far much more exciting that sf70...and its easier to add another 90s or a late 80s f1 than to add another actual f1.
    I sure hope that 512m come to the game in the future,like the 641 too

AvGas likes this.
  17. the_stig90

the_stig90 Racer

@ last 2 postings

This is what i meant too, the 641 is way more exciting than the sf70, i could do 100 hotlaps in the 641, but sf70 would be not interesting enough just for hotlapping

pippo10 and Hugo Catarino like this.