1. Do you need support for Assetto Corsa Competizione? Please use the proper forum below and ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Logs" folder in your c:\users\*youruser*\AppData\Local\AC2\Saved. The "AppData" folder is hidden by default, check "Hidden items" in your Windows view properties. If you report a crash, ALWAYS zip and attach the WHOLE "Crashes" folder in the same directory. Do not post "I have the same issue" in an existing thread with a game crash, always open your own thread. Do not PM developers and staff members for personal troubleshooting and support.
  2. As part of our continuous maintenance and improvements to Assetto Corsa Competizione we will be releasing small updates on a regular basis during the esports season which might not go through the usual announcement process detailing the changes until a later version update where these changes will be listed retrospectively.
  3. If ACC doesn't start with an error or the executable is missing, please add your entire Steam directory to the exceptions in your antivirus software, run a Steam integrity check or reinstall the game altogether. Make sure you add the User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione folder to your antivirus/Defender exceptions and exclude it from any file sharing app (GDrive, OneDrive or Dropbox)! The Corsair iCue software is also known to conflict with Input Device initialization, if the game does not start up and you have such devices, please try disabling the iCue software and try again. [file:unknown] [line: 95] secure crt: invalid error is a sign of antivirus interference, while [Pak chunk signing mismatch on chunk] indicates a corrupted installation that requires game file verification.
  4. When reporting an issue with saved games, please always zip and attach your entire User/Documents/Assetto Corsa Competizione/Savegame folder, along with the logs and the crash folder (when reporting related to a crash).

Closed Server - Clean Racers/Drivers Wanted

Discussion in 'Chit Chat Room' started by protonv5, Apr 11, 2017.

1. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

Sorry, I never set up a server myself,
    But maybe @martcerv or @Schnipp can help here?
    I know this feature was introduced a few builds ago.
    There is a tutorial to set up a server for AC somewhere here, maybe it's explained there.

2. Ace Pumpkin

Ace Pumpkin Alien

3. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

In the AC server manager on option is 'contacts per km', default is 5, I've set it to 2 now.
    I think it may have triggered once, but the server is clean by using MR AB only.

In the 'server_cfg.ini' it' the line 'MAX_CONTACTS_PER_KM='.

Ace Pumpkin likes this.
  4. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Ok great. I've added it. Anyway, we'll roll with it and go from there. Thanks guys.

5. martcerv

martcerv Alien

With server setup and conditions id agree with Demetri grip levels that low will be a struggle for most. I get people complain regularly that join our league practice server, currently with 911 gt3 cup cars. This has no tyre blankets and will have temps forecast from the actual location the day of our next race as we run the league.

Grip is 99 +-1 in settings yet somehow can get to 97 which I dont understand lol. The amount of people that join and complain "no blankets and only hard tyres" :rolleyes: seeing as the car only has the one compound and its not a server limit, the real series doesnt use tyre blankets either so thats how we run the league.

Grip wise 96 is already quite slippery below 90 is like a damp track so that can work in leagues as we did do in the past, when the tracks weather is going to be wet but not this season as it will all be dry amd we are only using tenps and cloud cover from actual locations. For a pickup racing pub server that will be a mess.

But in the end the bonus of running your own server is you can set it up as you like, the hard part is getting people in it. ;)

Thats just an issue if the server is empty, if you get 5 or 6 in a MR server at even AB it will likely fill up soon after in nearly any combo. Its the same with all servers, anything empty rarely gets a first person to join so finding regulars or the admin to jump in first you can get others in.

Bonus of MR is if you set it strict you will not get too many trouble makers so all new joiners will be ok, a fully open server is nearly a full time admin job to keep clean. I had a blacklist over 700 before mr and it was a never ending task. Now my blacklist is rarely more then a couple and I clear it fairly regularly letting MR do most of the work.

I like the idea of a passworded invite server, you would really need 100+ to get reasonable numbers in. Even for organised league racing I find if you get 32 sign up you get about 24 in a race. For casual pub server, racing not a set time once a week like a league this percentage will drop significantly as most wont be around at the same time.

Also if there is nobody in the server then many of these guys with a pass likely wont jump in first and it will stay empty. If it gets going and you get regulars in at the same sort of times then it may work.

MR with a community type effort would likely work better as it can also bring more new people in you havent given a password and those that dont visit the forums. If you got 5 or 6 from the forum in the server who likely are already MR AB then many more will join. Much less admin stress then an invite only which mostly works for organised leagues but would be hard for more casual pickup server racing.

Its how I have mine set but also being AB or ABC I dont know if its ever triggered either.

6. Schnipp

Schnipp Alien

One guy was kicked yesterday on Mugello, it wasn't me and there wasn't a vote. Not sure if another admin was around though.
    But in that situation I was also involved and got the first stage warning of the system.
    BTW: I've reduced it to '=2' after you mentioned it somewhere, so thanks @martcerv !

But I would recommend to use MR as main filter for clean racing. It's no garantee, but it works well.

But pub servers will always need some kind of active admin work.

7. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Great Martcerv and Schnipp. Thanks very much for the tips. I'm convinced in the long run a private server is the way to go, that's what I'm looking for and I think others are too, so we'll see how we get there. It'll be a challenge, but I think it will get going. You guys are welcome anytime :) thanks again

Cheers,
    Pete.

8. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Thanks, I assume your servers are in Europe and I am in Australia so I mostly just stick to local servers here but good luck getting it going. There are lots of empty servers around and there are plenty of people looking for cleaner racing servers too, they do need something to get them going but if we can run a few different leagues in Australia getting fields of 30+ for league nights and reasonable turnouts for the pub servers some nights with such a small population even if when busy we get a few OS visitors which isn't really an issue, in Europe filling servers with good drivers shouldn't be an issue. They just need some way of finding the server, if you make a server that provides a good experience for like minded people they will look out for yours first.

Not everything works but nothing will ever work if you don't try give it a go.

9. martcerv

martcerv Alien

Having it at 2 for a while I still haven't seen the warning myself but even this popping up should make people take notice, I don't know how many warnings people get I remember reading something about 3 but I could be wrong. So even at 2 it would mean someone would need to repeatedly have multiple contacts per km to actually get kicked. From what I read on one of the Nords tourist servers with cars parked in the pits it seems this is auto kicking people and not letting them out of pits. Seems odd as it would mean people must park cars on purpose blocking other pits or blocking pit exit as cars arent blocking each other any other way at Nords tourist.

10. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

Interesting. I'll have to experiment. My hope is that as people sign up and become regulars that they encourage good driving habits/gentlemen driving etc. from each other. If necessary they can report any bad drivers to me in the event things get rough when I'm not on. If it comes to light that certain people are abusing the server they'll be banned. I 'm also looking to have someone in addition to myself have admin access so that they can assist with these things.

11. Hagen

Hagen Hardcore Simmer

Hi Pete,

fIrst i would like to say that i like your plan.
    In your case i would suggest to allways keep the first part of the server name. That way those that enjoyed racing there could find it even if it is empty and way down the server list.
    Then i would go and race on already populated servers that have car/track/settings i like.
    If you find a driver that is respectful and clean ask him in chat what his steam name is and tell him that you are an admin/host and are going to send him a friend-request inside steam.
    Once you have a couple of drivers that race when you do and the way you do, you are able to invite them via steam to your server.
    4 to 5 drivers online seems to be the critical mass it takes to populate a server further with randoms.
    If there are clean guys joining, ask them to accept your steam friendship request, to get even more regulars you could invite to populate your own server.
    Best wishes from me.

12. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

But the real series probably either does warmup lap or has rolling start, so they can put some heat into the tires. We don't have these options in AC

13. Sleeper Service

Sleeper Service Hardcore Simmer

@protonv5 Great idea with, what I consider, to be the right attitudes and ideals. I've got a server that, sooner or later when real life slows down a bit, I'm planning on doing something similar with it but also to try and use it to "coach" individuals in the art of race-craft and to try and reduce the idea that lap time is the only goal.

Looking forward to seeing how you get on and maybe joining in some time once the sim gear is set up again.

14. martcerv

martcerv Alien

We don't but its still a good challenge in some cars, a warmup lap would be the best solution but still tyres will be well short of ideal by start of race maybe the same as half way into the 1st lap of the race. Its only the race start that doesnt quite work so maybe an option to slightly pre warm tyres at start if not having a warmup lap would work. For practice qualy cold tyres out of pits is the same as in series without tyre blankets.

15. demetri

demetri Hardcore Simmer

I was also thinking about half-warm (50 degrees on race start, ambient temp going out of the pits) option. Should be fairly easy to implement compared to full-blown warm-up lap or rolling start. Because starting on stone cold tires sucks. @Manu, @Lord Kunos, is there any chance for us to have this option?

16. protonv5

protonv5 Racer

I personally have to say, I love the challenge of a green track/cold tires. I think the problem is that many are far too used to perfect track conditions all the time. In single-player mode, I always choose a green track. It is so cool to really simulate those very touchy first few laps. I love it. This is a simulation right? Well, then if it's real and grip is low those first laps, I'm into it. Now if it's a crash-fest in T1 because of it, I don't think the answer is to just make it easier. Folks need to understand the conditions and drive accordingly. Everyone really should learn how to drive the first 1-2laps without hitting anyone. C'mon everyone! This is a simulation, so let's get it together here!! :) (This is my encouragement! :))

baboon likes this.
  17. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur Alien

Was looking for your server earlier but cannot find it anymore.